Brute's Book

Today–a bit different. I went to turbo gym at am and there were 4 people there. Threw me off ! Got in my way by innocently doing their stuff…so I did this.

push press 45x5, 105x5x4 sets ss with 6 pull ups, 115x5 ss with 3 pull ups x 2 sets
famer’s handle carries 182#/arm x 55 feet x 4 total trips
shield carry x 50 feet, x 100 feet, shiled plus 10# x 50 feet, plus 20# x50 feet, plus 30# x 25 feet, x 25 feet
ssb walking lunges only the bar x 200 feet
stones 65, 108, a ton of fails on 140.
Tried to drill just the movement- 108# x 10 total up and to chest
a ton of fails at 140 then finaly 140 x 3 total up to chest
I did the 150# sand bag a few times in between tried to get that stupid 167 on film! It took forever! I kept trying and low and behold ONE stinking tip I rememberd the instant I remebered worked–LATS.

Note to BRUTE! Next time: LATTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Here’s a few vids of my struggle. The 140# one is still uploading.
Then the take forever 167# one. LATS!

I see a few things I need to change already but here’ baby’s first stones vid.

I did one a thousand years ago at a strong man comp but that’s like saying you benched 315 in high school. THAT stone was 175. And you can see the whole thing looks a lot like today’s! 2009 strongman meet I did having zero idea what the events were, nothin. Just showed up.

1 Like

Its Myspace because it was that long ago!

stone carry from Brute Fury on Myspace.

1 Like

My God woman you are strong! Admiring from afar…

:D!!! Thanks pyschounicorn! I really appreciate it! Getting there… :slight_smile:

Took Friday Saturday, and Sunday off lifting just because. 5 mile walks Friday and Saturday but other then that nothing. I didn’t feel very strong today at all but I got some stuff done!

fs 45x5, 135, 200, 225, 245, 255 !!! PR!!! :D!!!
225x8 (!!! PR!!), 225x4 x 5 sets
215x4 x 3 sets
170x15

Messed around with stones and sand bags. My elbows today and told me all about it the hole time. Some fails and some sorta successes? SURE!
108# x 3 total up and to the chest
140 x a few times after going back and forth with the 150# sand bag. I got the 150# sand bag up to the chest 3 times or so. Bags are so much easier…but not when you do what I did on the video below.

I ended up getting the 200# bag x 3 or 4 total up into my lap and then having flipping it in the process it was just too long to get a good arm position on. I then tried the stone and my brain froze. I need to drill and drill the technique much more to get anywhere. But I did get that 167 up to chest. :wink:

This weekend Mossimo met my other Beefcake- boyfriend- and it went ok! I’m a controller over my dog who’s a 90# Cane Corso ( I keep him slim!) and does not like strangers especially men. I cannot tell you how much this means to me!!! I know its just step one, but step one was a big thing for me to even get to.

Opened up a door to my heart!!! And a Hot Lips Beefcake just stepped right on in :)!!!

2 Likes

X2…

1 Like

:D!!! Thanks Z! :)!!!

Today
t bar carries 378# x 100 feet x 4 total trips
zercher squats 135x5, 185x5 x5 sets
Filmed these, I think they are much better then last weeks because they were HARDER. Big brace, trying to stay as upright as possible and my hammies and butt feel it on the drive home.

A bit of a change up on my lifting days due to me being the anti social lifter I am. I wan tot be able to sleep in a bit on my days off! But sleeping in means turbo gym will have PEOPLE in it! And carries can be hard because I monopolize the runway for them.

I’ll see how this works, its also nice because the tbar carries destroy my grip but I do get a lot out of them, however its hard to do much grip stuff after . Maybe a few days between will help my hands recover and not be swollen claws!

Now, to sneak a 30 min nap before work!

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200, 225, 235, 240
225x2 x 5 sets
215x3 x 5 sets
205x4 x 4 sets
back extensions

That’s it! I knew I’d be tired today but wanted to get it in some fronties and so I did. Thursday will be sleep in day!

2 Likes

Hi Brutiful. Look at your fronties! And doing some strongwoman moves, too. Good grief. Glad to see you’re still going strong. BTW, I saw the pic of you kneeling on one knee, with the plate in the background (RMtLClub). Beautiful.

PUFF!!! :D!!! Thank you!!! Its so good to hear form you!!! :D!!!

Just a walk today- 5 miles or so. I am TIRED. I’m laying here trying to do something, anything and have zero energy. Typically I get anxious when I’m not fairly active in the day but not the case currently.

A busy and rough work week yet a decent training week so far! I have not felt this exhausted in a while!! I am choosing to think of it as good timing for a day off work and meaning I DID some work this week!

2 Likes

Brutiful!!! All those exclamation points!!! Back at ya!!! I’m so happy to see that you’re doing so well. Still putting us all to shame.

I hadn’t lurked logs in a long while, so I was looking through yours and saw the strongman comp picture. Lol @ truck with strippers. :D!!! I might be able to pull a riding lawn mower. Maybe.

1 Like

:D!!! HA!!! Puff!! It was fun to watch! And thank you! :slight_smile:

Yesterday 5 mile walk, hang out with Mossi then some stuff- some what socially(!) at turbo gym. Actually I needed the peer pressure to do SOMETHING. I really am feeling drained still!

push press 45x5, 95x7 ss with pull ups x7 x 3 sets, 105x5 ss with 5 or so pull ups, 115 x1

Then trying to work with sand bags and stones with Z and his buddy. I think this is what I did It was fun!
to chest- 65x3, 108x3, sand bag 150x a few, 140 stone x 2, fail fail fail forever on the 167 stone again
then back and forth 150 sand bag pick ups, did get the 200 up to my lap then it was too long again to go furhter x 2
small amount of back extensions
tried out the belt squat

Great weekend! :slight_smile: Probably won’t do anything today, except go visit my parents and walk Mossi some more. Its going to be HOT.

1 Like

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200, 225, 240, 250
225x5, 225x4 x4 sets
215x5 x 3 sets
farmer’s handle carries 182#/arm x 50 feet x 6 trips
stone stuff 108 x 3, 140 x 3 total, no go on 167

I am tired…oh I wish I could sleep some more. Some stress the last couple days and poor sleep from it just having my phone by my side to check it for news. I dunno. Not a bad training day! oh but…my bed…

Today
dead lifts 45x5, 155, 245, 335, 360
t bar carries 384# x 108 feet x 4 trips
rig shaw 175 x 50 feet, 285 x 50 feet, 375 x 50 feet
stones 140 x total of 6 , 167 x total of 3 or 4

Form , well technique I guess is getting better on the stones! I just need to drill it a bunch.
I did some quality sleeping last night and felt much better this am compared to yesterday am but GOD yesterday at work I dragged ass!

2 Likes

I like the casual 250 front squat and 360 deadlift, no big deal. Strongwoman training is looking good.

1 Like

:D! Thanks Scotto!! I appreciate it! However casual its typed I still celebrate in my head and its fabulous!!! :D!!!

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 220, 225, 235
225x3 x 9 sets, 225x1 - aimed for ten sets of 3 and didn’t have it
170x15, x10, x8
clean grip reverse alternaing lunges total reps 95#/10, 115x10
Messed about with tbar/more like a hex bar kinda clean and press sets of 5 with an empty bar for a few ss with pull ups 8, 7, 6, 5
then added 20# on it. Thing must be around 35 or 45# so not heavy but I wanted to try it!

BB gym was blasting with other people today in the spring snow but cool enough that I got what I wanted done! I’m betting its because most of the others were other ladies- mature ones who do work and go home!

1 Like

This is what I did.

1 Like

A fabulous chill day yesterday, just a 3 mile walk exercise wise. I woke up ready and decided to drill stone stuff. It went well!!

I looked up some tips on getting down with technique and one suggested this: break down into the parts. One suggestion was with a light wt drill it.

stone 68# lift, lap it up, squat it up, roll to to chest Did 3 reps of this
Then the drill which was copy and pasted form the website to explain it better a circuit of 3 x 10.

The first 10 reps will be the LAP, SQUAT, DROP drill. To begin, pick up the stone, LAP it to the SQUAT position and stand up driving hard with the hips, pushing the stone upward and forward as high as you can. Then, DROP the stone on rubber mats and repeat.

For the next 10 reps, try the LAP, SQUAT and RETURN drill. In this drill, you will LAP the stone, SQUAT it up, and then this time RETURN the stone under control to your lap. Do this for 10 reps but DO NOT drop the stone.

Rest again and for the last 10 reps, do the LAP AND DROP drill, lapping the stone and then dropping it back down between your legs. Repeat this for 10 reps.

So I did the above with 108# It felt great! After that I just did other stuff.
stones 108, 140, 167 I got up 4 times
100# sand bag carry at chest x 500 feet or so
stones up and to chest 109, 140, 167
sand bags 100, 150, 200

Continued to mess about too, but basically just sand bags and stone stuff. I’m will check more other’s vids to see if I have the right idea. Here’s video! SLOW as molasses but I am in no hurry, its so much FUN!!! :D!!!

108, 140, 167

2 Likes

slow sand bags 100, 150, 200

3 Likes

Today
fs 45x5, 135, 200, 225, 240, 250
225x5 x 4 sets, 225x3
215x3 x 3 sets
205x2
170x15
farmer’s handle carries 182#/arm x 100 feet x 2 trips, x50 feet

I felt quite good today! I’m excited about the distance for the handles too! I’ve done it before once but have been having a lot of trouble repeating it. I felt strong and the grip was in it!!!

Hammies are a wee bit sore from the stones! This means I must do the circuit again. I think it really helped me out.

1 Like