BP (IPF) Raw Record?

Hi to all,
where I can find the IPF bench press(raw) records?

thanks to all :slight_smile:

[quote]cadav wrote:
Hi to all,

thanks to all :)[/quote]

Does the IPF keep seperate raw records?

Try powerliftingwatch.com, if its not on there, there’s probably a link.

[quote]cadav wrote:
Hi to all,

he All-Time Biggest Bench Press Record With A Bench Press Shirt

The biggest official bench press with gear was performed by Scot Mendelson. Scot bench pressed 1,008lbs with gear. He benched 1008lbs in the Fit Expo in 2006 at the Iron Man Bodybuilding contest on February 18, 2006. He beat Gene Rychlak’s gear record back from November 2004.

The All-Time Biggest RAW Bench Press Record

Believe it or not Scot Mendelson also holds the biggest RAW bench press of all time too. Scot has bench pressed 715lbs RAW which is more weight benched raw in competition than any other man has been able to bench RAW before. He accomplished this bench press on the date of May 31st, 2005 at the New England Bench Press Classic. Scot performed both of these World Record Lifts in the APF powerlifting Federation.

The All-Time Biggest Drug Free RAW Bench Press Record

The biggest IPF drug free bench press (RAW) was done by James Henderson in 1997 we believe. He bench pressed 711lbs with bodybuilding technique.

[quote]cadav wrote:
Hi to all,

There are no official IPF raw records as far as I’m aware.

[quote]PGA wrote:
Believe it or not Scot Mendelson also holds the biggest RAW bench press of all time too.[/quote]

I realize the text is probably pasted from somewhere. But why would I be hard pressed to believe someone who can bench a W.R. shirted wouldn’t be able to do so unshirted aswell?

[quote]nanobyte wrote:
I realize the text is probably pasted from somewhere. But why would I be hard pressed to believe someone who can bench a W.R. shirted wouldn’t be able to do so unshirted aswell?[/quote]

Copy and pasted.

I’m guessing because he knows how to get the most out of his suit. I’m sure powerlifters can chime in and give a better answer as to why.

[quote]ExNole wrote:
Does the IPF keep seperate raw records?
[/quote]

i don’t know… :\

[quote]
Try powerliftingwatch.com, if its not on there, there’s probably a link.[/quote]

I’ll do, thank you!

[quote]cadav wrote:
Hi to all,

There is no such thing (RAW records).
The IPF is an equipped federation.

Although that does not preclude you from lifting RAW, it does significantly diminish your chance of being competitive.

Here is a link to their webpage: http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/

Please note that there are seperate categories for full meet and single lift records.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:

[/quote]

Sadly, i know :frowning: (now)
however IPF is the only federation that has events here in Italy (AFAIK there are no other federation in my country).

So “if” i want to compete i need to shift to “equipped” BP :\

You can compete raw. There’s no requirement that you have to wear gear. Its just that the ipf makes no distinction between geared and raw in its record books. So lets say you set a BP record raw, there would be no official recognition of it as it would be lumped in with all the shirted benches. But don’t let that stop you

[quote]PGA wrote:
cadav wrote:
Hi to all,

thanks to all :slight_smile:

he All-Time Biggest Bench Press Record With A Bench Press Shirt

The biggest official bench press with gear was performed by Scot Mendelson. Scot bench pressed 1,008lbs with gear. He benched 1008lbs in the Fit Expo in 2006 at the Iron Man Bodybuilding contest on February 18, 2006. He beat Gene Rychlak’s gear record back from November 2004.

The All-Time Biggest RAW Bench Press Record

Believe it or not Scot Mendelson also holds the biggest RAW bench press of all time too. Scot has bench pressed 715lbs RAW which is more weight benched raw in competition than any other man has been able to bench RAW before. He accomplished this bench press on the date of May 31st, 2005 at the New England Bench Press Classic. Scot performed both of these World Record Lifts in the APF powerlifting Federation.

The All-Time Biggest Drug Free RAW Bench Press Record

The biggest IPF drug free bench press (RAW) was done by James Henderson in 1997 we believe. He bench pressed 711lbs with bodybuilding technique. [/quote]

mendy doesnt have the shirt record anymore. Rychlak benched 1010

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
[/quote]

Thats a shame. They should keep records of it.

[quote]cadav wrote:
apwsearch wrote:

Sadly, i know :frowning: (now)
however IPF is the only federation that has events here in Italy (AFAIK there are no other federation in my country).

So “if” i want to compete i need to shift to “equipped” BP :
[/quote]

The WDFPF world champs were in ITaly in 05. They run both raw and equipped divisions.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
The WDFPF world champs were in ITaly in 05. They run both raw and equipped divisions.

http://www.worlddrugfreepowerliftingfederation.org/[/quote]

THANKS!
I’m really new to the “PL federation scene”
i have some friend competing in IPF and they tell me IPF is the only federation that organize events in Italy…

now i know of an other fed :slight_smile:
i also see that there are ebents in Switzerland (really near to me… ;))

again thanks!!

The Swiss drug free powerlifting fed are quite an active bunch of guys and run comps frequenlty if I remember correctly.

The Euro Single lift championships are actually being held in Zurich this april!!

[quote]edenguync77 wrote:
usapowerlifting.com[/quote]

they have an italian affilate theses days?? :wink: