Boxer David Haye Most Inappropriate Put Down Ever!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Props to him.

Why should he have to back down because people are too unintelligent to see that as he says he wasn’t condoning it.

What do they think??? Gang rape doesn’t exist? He shouldn’t mention it because it’s something that is horrible?

If that was an issue the history channel wouldn’t have Hitler specials on it all day long.[/quote]

I don’t think that the point is you don’t mention anything horrible, I think what most people are upset about is that it mitigates something as traumatizing as a gang rape by comparing it to something as inconsequential as a sporting event. I think there would’ve been approximately the same reaction if he’d said somethign like “I’ll slaughter him as badly as Hitler slaughtered the jews” or something like that. More that it’s just tasteless and stupid than that it actually has any real impact.[/quote]

I disagree. One names a victim and the other does not. You could potentially “gang rape” a hamster. By saying “jews” you make them the target of the statement.

“Gang rape” is not a person. It does not only affect one type of person. Therefore, how can any one group take offense to that statement?

[/quote]

This true. I think a better example would be just to use the term genocide. Less specific, but conveys the same meaning. I still think people would get offended though. I wouldn’t but someone always gets offended.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

but the tone of the OP makes it seem as if he agreed with this woman.

[/quote]

LOL’ WHOA there nelly!

‘seem’
‘as if’
Not to sure what I meant eh’ well let me enlighten you…

I dont agree with the woman’ I am not offended!

I said it was inappropriate, I said it was a ridiculous comment (the world is full of creative examples that convey the message of a one sided battle soo much better, all he had to do was listen to some Ali) and I also said it was funny as hell…

BTW

I dont know how you deduced that the statement ‘gang rape’ has similarities to ‘heart attack’? One involves the sexual violation of a person by a group of mens cocks and the other being an interruption of blood supply to the heart LMAO!

But that is the wonderful thing about you px, you knit info together in such a way it no longer makes ‘proper’ sense and then you come up with a retarded conclusion like the one above

Anyway, where would you draw the line?

What if he had said ‘more one sided than child rape’ or ‘more one sided than a lynchin’ or ‘more one sided than lapidation’, shit’ the list of inappropriate, tasteless and pure ignorant statements is endless!

But hey, the pussification of the world has reached pandemic proportions! People being offended by things like this is really only a symptom of this pussy scourge sweeping the globe and it that needs stampin out, by real men! FUCK OFF!

The point of this thread was to show a funny clip of a boxer making a stupid staement on Sky news /

Who gives a fuck? As one sided as a gang rape is a funny line, people take offense to fucking everything these days. Get the PC stick out of your ass.

I think the less time I spend on these forums, the better.

Yeah… I still don’t think its a stupid statement… would I say it when promoting a fight… iono. Am I offended by him saying it… no. I’m capable of looking at things in proper context. Hes promoting a fight and talking about how 1 sided it would be.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Who gives a fuck? As one sided as a gang rape is a funny line, people take offense to fucking everything these days. Get the PC stick out of your ass.[/quote]

Are you referring to my derriere?

If you are’ then please read the thread properly!

If not’ then who’s arse are you talking about?

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
I think the less time I spend on these forums, the better.[/quote]

^ to convey irony before someone gets their knickers in a twist

[quote]Gleemonex wrote:

1. It could have been said way better. I would respect his braggadoccio if he had the balls to go after a Klitschko, and/or he had enough brains to come up with a more evocative simile.

-Glee[/quote]

Lol, I can’t think of many lines that are more evocative than what he said.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:

[quote]Gleemonex wrote:

1. It could have been said way better. I would respect his braggadoccio if he had the balls to go after a Klitschko, and/or he had enough brains to come up with a more evocative simile.

-Glee[/quote]

Lol, I can’t think of many lines that are more evocative than what he said.[/quote]

Perhaps. But I don’t think “David Haye is a callous moron” is precisely the impression he wanted to evoke.

What set people aback the most (whether they realise it or not) is that he said it with all the panache of an over-cooked tofurky. It wasn’t a helpless bubbling forth of unfettered aggression – it was a conscious and transparent effort to say something newsworthy (mission accomplished), which just came off as hugely creepy.

-Glee

PS. Your avatar is awesome.