Biotest Products: Old and New

From the beginning Biotest has always made great products. From TRIBEX 500 (the first Biotest product that I can remember), to Carbolin 19, Biotest has always exceeded our expectations… Many products have come and gone since the begining, but Biotest has always found something to fill the void.

Which products (past or present) were your favorites? Why?

What kind of product do you think Biotest should come out with next?

One of the surest ways to tell that a supplement is good is how long it’s been popular.

In that regard, TRIBEX (now the more potent Alpha Male), Grow! proteins, Surge and Power Drive are what I consider to be “must have” supplements. I’ve been using them myself and with my athletes for at least 5 years and they never let me down.

Now, they do have other great products, HOT-ROX / Fahrenheit and Spike are my two favorite additions. However I’ll always go for my first love!!!

[quote]MurrDawg wrote:
From the beginning Biotest has always made great products. From TRIBEX 500 (the first Biotest product that I can remember), to Carbolin 19, Biotest has always exceeded our expectations… Many products have come and gone since the begining, but Biotest has always found something to fill the void.

Which products (past or present) were your favorites? Why?

What kind of product do you think Biotest should come out with next?[/quote]

I’m turning into an Alpha Male fiend. I like it because it combines three other Biotest supplements: RED KAT, M, and TRIBEX. One stop shop for high T and spontanious iron hard-ons!

Vanilla Low-Carb Grow! is my staple though. I’d cry if they stopped making that. Kinda wish they still sold a creatine product because I still go to GNC for that.

Low-Carb Grow! - ALL of the flavors. I’d cry if they weren’t available anymore and I had to go back to the gritty, pasty crap proteins at GNC.

I also like ZMA, if nothing else for the intense dreams- they are worth the price of the bottle without the benefit of being more rested the next day.

I use Low-Carb Grow!. Orange and Banana Cream are my fav’s. Surge is my other staple now. I love trying the new supps Biotest comes up with. Been using Carbolin 19 for 3 months now. It works like they say…slowly. Methoxy-7 makes my muscles hard.

Don’t like cns stimulants or anything too stimulating so I pass on the fat burners as well as Spike and Power Drive all though I tried both of these.

I recomend this site and Biotest supps above all others hands down. Been here since '99. Put some muscle on because of it too.

I think CT summed it up perfectly (for me).

While it may not get as much press as the others in the line up, I’m a huge fan of Power Drive. I’ve been using it forever, and it still keeps me focused and ready to go. Great mental edge, in and out of the gym.

Low-Carb Grow!, Strawberry is sooooo mmm-mmm good! I use it more than any other flavor now. I dislike bananas but tried the Banana Cream Grow! and really like it too. Choc and Vanilla of course.

Power Drive, I hate to train without it.

ZMA, better sleep, and I think improved recovery overall when I take it.

Surge, on and off depending on what I am doing with the carbs, but always have some on hand.

HOT-ROX, I like it. I feel that I have faster fat loss when I am super strict and when you are making the effort to be super strict, that is highly motivating. I also seem to experience less plateaus when using HOT-ROX.

Methoxy-7, I really, really love Methoxy-7.

Low-Carb Grow! is like CRACK. That and I enjoy the visual effects of Methoxy-7.

I also ebjoy and always have my Power Drive and then Spike when I feel the need. Oh and of course Surge PWO.

But if I had to choose one the Low-Carb Grow! would have to be it.

If you ever stop making Banana Low-Carb Grow!, I’ll hunt you down.

Ditto on Alpha Male. That stuff is incredible. I haven’t tried the new Methoxy-7, but I really liked the old stuff. Grow! and Surge are also great, but the only one I’m truly addicted to is Spike. Every time I take it, my poundages jump noticeably, and my brain becomes a sponge - whatever I read or study gets instantly absorbed. It’s also great if you have a hangover or a bad night’s sleep. Awesome stuff.

Another one of my old favorites was Androsol - it really “hardened” your physique. And I’m still waiting for a MAG-10 replacement to come out…

Low-Carb Grow! and Surge are my staples. I tend to consume a bunch of Grow! bars too.

Haven’t tried any of the other stuff yet, HOT-ROX is up when I start the V-Diet. Alpha Male is on my list for the future as well as Spike and Carbolin 19.

I’d truely cry if they stopped making Grow!, the only protein I ever truely enjoyed drinking!

For the future I’d like to see a vitamin supp, fish oil supp and perhaps a creatine product?

I’d like to hear about some of the products that didn’t make it. Maybe it’s bad for business to discuss failures, but it makes a company look good to be able to admit mistakes. After all, the first iteration of Grow! Bars didn’t work out very well and we heard about that.

For example, I think I read somewhere that Ribose-C was just too expensive to produce.

And where is the fish oil supplment that was hyped a while back? We read it was just around the corner, but that was a long time ago. We want it!

I love Biotest products, but I’m just curious. Maybe it’s time for Chris to do an “Inside Biotest” article and bring us loyal customers up to speed.

Personally, if I had the money, I’d stock up on all the Low-Carb Grow! flavors, Power Drive, ZMA, and Surge, a year’s supply of all three. Each year. Forever.

Unfortunately I can’t even afford a month’s supply on this damn college budget. So I get Power Drive and ZMA because they’re both very affordable every month, and IMO, indispensable. I was just home for a month between semesters with no Power Drive or ZMA and my workouts/recovery suffered noticeably.

So until my income increases, it’s Power Drive and ZMA, plus custom blend proteins from another site, that, although they’re more affordable, taste pretty good, and have very similar ingredients, are no match for Low-Carb Grow! and Surge.

I’ll be trying regular-strength HOT-ROX (again, more affordable) for the next while, since I’m cutting a bit of fat, so depending on the results I might have to add another to my list.

MD6 is my all time favorite!!
It melted fat so quick i couldn’t believe it.
And i still kept all my muscle size.

I’ve used Surge, TRIBEX, M, Androsol, Nandrosol and Methoxy-7 also.
They all were ofcourse amazing products.

I have to admit i haven`t used any of the newer stuffs like Carbolin 19,
Alpha Male, MAG-10 or HOT-ROX.

What new i would like to see coming from Biotest? Well…there was once talk about a product (it was TC or Tim, can`t remember)that would make your immune system really strong and supposedly that would mean also good gains in muscle size and strength.
so how about that?

I like Methoxy-7, RED KAT, Power Drive and to a certain extent Spike.

Methoxy-7, you can see and feel the effects of this supp rather quick. Just based on the esthetic benefits of it its one of my favorites.

RED KAT, another supp you can feel rather quickly. TRIBEX had no effect whats so ever in terms of gains. Nothing I would deem out of the expected scope of gains. So I have stayed away from Alpha Male and have just used RED KAT.

Power Drive definitly does increase focus for those 2 hours after taking it.

Spike, deifintly gives you a heightened awareness and is a cool supplement. It sucks I can only use it for 2 days then the headaches kick in.

TRIBEX was awesome. Coming in after a 15+ month workout-stopping injury, it got me energetic, outgoing, improved my recovery, improved my sleep.

Alpha Male works great, but I don’t get the mental clarity I did with TRIBEX.

Surge is the haxX0rZ. Always have some on hand.

ZMA is a God-send. Except for when I ahve nightmares. That stuff is scary.

HOT-ROX works great. Let me keep my mass gains while getting rid of the fat left over from my injury.

Methoxy-7 is still going great. Improved muscle hardness, and I’m actually leaning out easier than when I was on HOT-ROX (considering comparable training intensities, modalities and diet).

After I get through the next three bottles of Methoxy-7 I’ve got, going to try out the Carbolin 19 I have stored. Probably ending up refilling on those - I’ve got 4 bottles. That should give me a good indication as to my response to it.

I remember someone at T-Nation once mentioned a product that was being tested which caused deep relaxation comparable to marijuana and would improve sleep dramadically hence muscle recovery. What ever happend to that product?? That would be great for me since ZMA doesn’t really help me sleep nor any other product that I have tried so far.

MAG-10, the first and only supplement that jumped my strength up considerably in a relatively short period of time. The real deal for those of us who have not dabbled in the real, real deal.

While this is nothing new I feel a need to shout it from the roof tops:

Grow! is the single best tasting protein powder by far. It tastes so darn good that you think you are consuming something bad for you :slight_smile:

[quote]magyar wrote:
MAG-10, the first and only supplement that jumped my strength up considerably in a relatively short period of time. The real deal for those of us who have not dabbled in the real, real deal.[/quote]

Yeah. I forgot to mention how much I miss MAG-10. Damned politicians…