Back in Business

It’s the latter. Day 1 is M, Day 2 is W and 3 is F. Occasionally, I’ll have to squeeze training days consecutively. I can tolerate a lot of bench volume, but not at that level.

1 Like

Week 6 Day 3

Pause DL 425x4x3 RPE 6-6.5; 435x2x3 RPE 7
Floor press 230x2x5 RPE 6;240,250,255 RPE 7-8.5
Squat 315,325,335,345x4 RPE 6-8
Good mornings 245x3x12 2-4 RIR

That marks the end of this strength phase and the beginning of a much-needed deload. Alternating week for paused DLs, so the setup was for lower RPE and everything stayed on the lower end of the range.

I pushed it a little more with floor press and comp squats. Had a little bit of a brain fart in last rep of last set of floor press (wasn’t sure if I was on 5th or did an extra rep) and it screwed me up. Squats felt really solid and would have done a bonus set if I had the time for it.

Was a good strength phase overall, though maybe a tad long. I think my squat benefited from going with a variation that forced me to go lighter (like pause squats) and to use medium-ish weights on Day 3 with the competition style. A quantity of quality reps focus? I might actually stick with this setup for the final strength phase before going into peaking. Anybody have thoughts?

1 Like