Article. No One Is Born in ‘The Wrong Body’

The Nazis did not believe they were creating a better world but rather they were trying to create a better world for themselves.

No.

Our genes aren’t conscious.

No. That wasn’t their intent.

Which is why I reject the argument that we lack the ability to exercise free will. All of us act, daily, as if the concepts of truth and free will exist. It is not provable that free will exists but practically speaking we act as if it does, and “believing” that free will is non-existent is almost entirely hypocritical because the vast majority of us act in the opposite manner.

To be fair, these two things are synonymous in nearly every case.

1 Like

Yea, no rational system can conclude that the universe is deterministic because it would make the term “rationalism” equivalent to superstition-something that if we were equally destined to believe if it was real or not, (or put another way, purely logically superfluous and unverifyable). If rationalism finds rationalism to be logically superfluous, then rationalism is internally inconsistent, so at least I’d say, if you want to try to be rational you have to unfailingly hold to the premise that we have free will even if there appear to be some rational arguments against it.

1 Like

They were well aware that non Aryans would be worse off.

Agreed. I used to love philosophy but I’ve not pursued it in quite a long time and I am getting rusty with the lexicon requiring “translation” in my brain where it used to be perfectly natural. Might be time for me to go back and grab some old favorites.

That’s how things work, you deal with overall positives - very rarely can you change something without someone losing out.

Obviously, this is an extreme and evil case.

Or so you think.

3 Likes

In regards to trans people? Humans will be fine whether we are dicks to trans people or not.

But why be dicks to them? Last I checked it isn’t effecting my genitals in the least bit. We’ll be ok. It made some people uncomfortable when people of different faiths or races were marrying. It made some people uncomfortable when gay people weren’t so hidden in their lifestyle. This makes some people uncomfortable.

But those things didn’t directly effect the people who were uncomfortable so we just need to keep explaining to the dickheads that maybe they just need to not be dickheads to those people? No one says you have to endorse it.

Note my reply was not necessarily directed at you more in a general sense of the quoted part.

Well played sir

2 Likes

Atheism thing was hardly a case a couple hundred years ago.

Atheism has been a case for centuries.

In economic terms, we could say that one was heavily incentivized to not to mention their disbelief of god(s).

In, Utopia, which was 500 years ago, you had freedom of religion but atheism was not tolerated.

ahh, the good ole days

1 Like

The only reason I have to care about what’s going on in someone else’s pants is if I want to get into said pants. Therefore, I don’t care about what’s going on in anyone but my wife’s pants anymore. Regardless of your thoughts on religion, I don’t get why anyone gets so worked up about other peoples’ sexuality/identity.

2 Likes

“While this comparison was performed retrospectively and was not part of the original research question given that several other factors may differ between the groups, the results demonstrated no advantage of surgery in relation to subsequent mood or anxiety disorder-related health care visits or prescriptions or hospitalizations following suicide attempts in that comparison. Given that the study used neither a prospective cohort design nor a randomized controlled trial design, the conclusion that “the longitudinal association between gender-affirming surgery and lower use of mental health treatment lends support to the decision to provide gender-affirming surgeries to transgender individuals who seek them” is too strong“

I was. I have to work like hell to make gains\ progress. There is a genetic freak in my gym who just shows up and gets leaner and stronger barely breaking a sweat. Unfair! Unfair I say!

I personally knew a dude who was so genetically gifted he would go out to chipotle the WEEK OF an NPC bodybuilding contest. I distinctly remember running into him there and asking him what he was doing with a contest 6 days away. “Carbing up” was his reply. I think he’s had a six pack since he was basically 12 years old lol.

1 Like