Arguments for Why People Should Use

So I was having a discussion with some friends of mine about juicing, and I was the only person who wasn’t staunchly against it. After reading this forum,

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/convincing_meatheads_to_come_off_the_juice?id=2790089&pageNo=0

I was curious, what are the arguments for why people should take steroids? For sports, for bodybuilding, for powerlifting, for strongman, for anything. Please don’t just say “It takes your physique to a new level once you reach your genetic potential through diet and proper lifting” Many thanks!

feels good man

[quote]musicma1n1 wrote:
Please don’t just say “It takes your physique to a new level once you reach your genetic potential through diet and proper lifting” Many thanks![/quote]

I can’t think of a better reason to use AAS, actually.

Another reason would be that it is more enjoyable to train while on. Seeing results materialize over a period of weeks instead of years is quite satisfying.

Also maybe you should give a few reasons why you are staunchly against AAS usage.

It takes your physique to a new level once you reach your genetic potential through diet and proper lifting.

Just joking. Well it does but it also takes you to your genetic potential faster. And genetic potential, hmmm what is that anyway?

I am on a short cycle then off and keep most of it if not all except the bloat and then I can build again naturally with a better level than before. After juicing you also have more testosterone receptors so cells will be more sensitive to the natural test than before.

Without proper diet and lifting you can loose your entire cycle. If you don’t eat enough you will not gain properly and if you eat crap you will gain a lot of fat. If you train wisely you will gain strength and if you don’t you can lazy it all out and come back to zero or less than before.

And I am begging you here. If you decide to cycle please, please start with injectables for your first cycle. Orals will just be a punch to your liver and kidneys.

Finally it is all up to you but you should be very happy already with your diet and training and how you can handle it.

funmetal

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I can’t think of a better reason to use AAS, actually.

Another reason would be that it is more enjoyable to train while on. Seeing results materialize over a period of weeks instead of years is quite satisfying. [/quote]

This is the main reason I plan to use. It also allows you to be a little more liberal with your diet (from what I’ve read), which is an added benefit.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Also maybe you should give a few reasons why you are staunchly against AAS usage. [/quote]

He said he wasn’t staunchly against it.

Wow, I tried, yes I did try to read all the thread (attached from beautifulfreak), it was enough, better speak with a 45lbs iron plate… but she must be cute, any pics someone?

Anyway and more seriously, using AAS does not mean eating crap. Well, for me, I optimize my cycles with proper food, good protein and lot of veggies.

BTW, first, I wanted to do only one cycle, “just to see what happen”. I am now on my third cycle planning with my PT what would be the next one. These things are “mentally” addictive… I like the results… and I complement my cycles with GH…

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
Also maybe you should give a few reasons why you are staunchly against AAS usage.

He said he wasn’t staunchly against it.[/quote]

Whooppss completely misread that. Thanks

-Results; faster
-Decreased Recovery time
-Increased strength
-Increased leanness and muscle definition (depending on diet).
-Increased muscle density/size
-Increased Libido
-Increased aggressiveness
-Increased Euphoria (feelings of positivity and confidence)
-Train longer, more often
-Easily break plateaus
-Little to no side effects (when used properly)
-You’re supernatural
-Gratification of injecting (I look forward to injection days)

Its probably the best high there is.

Just saying.

and just remember… it’s a tool you can use to help gain more… break through plateaus etc… but you do NOT have answer to anyone but yourself… if you choose to use AAS… it’s YOUR choice… and don’t let ANYONE make you feel guilty for that…

Here’s an funny thing though, the argument against steroids is that it is “cheating” and “gross” and “might cause the person to fly into a rage and murder everyone around them”. The thing is, if people are allowed to take steroids in MLB, then everyone will take them. And then what? Kids will start taking them. And THAT is a problem.

“The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that more than 6 percent of the 15,000 students in grades 9 through 12 who took the CDC’s 2003 National Youth Risk Behavior Survey acknowledged taking steroid pills or shots at least once.”

Now although I can’t verify the authenticity of this survey, I know three people personally who have started taking steroids before 18. I think that is the only reason why I would be against steroid usage, because it encourages the usage among teens who will either get shitty quality stuff and hurt themselves, or use too much and hurt themselves, or just plain ole’ hurt themselves.

Everything else including side effects and blah blah blah the government should have no right to regulate because it’s not the governments right to stop people from hurting themselves. All in all, do people think that the chance of kids starting to take steroids is significant? Is it bad enough that we should be tough on them?

“The thing is, if people are allowed to take steroids in MLB, then everyone will take them. And then what? Kids will start taking them. And THAT is a problem.”

Are you asking if kids will start taking them… or are you suggesting that kids will take them? I don’t think kids will start taking them because people in MLB can anymore then kids will drink/use recreational drugs because the celebs they look up to do.

I’d be a LOT more concerned with kids using rec drugs and alcohol over steroid use… not that either should be done… You said you personally know 3 kids under 18 that have used them already… Kids will use them regardless as to whether or not MLB players are allowed to…

The key is education… and trying our best as parents/teachers to explain the dangers when you’re too young… or use them improperly…

[quote]musicma1n1 wrote:
Here’s an funny thing though, the argument against steroids is that it is “cheating” and “gross” and “might cause the person to fly into a rage and murder everyone around them”. The thing is, if people are allowed to take steroids in MLB, then everyone will take them. And then what? Kids will start taking them. And THAT is a problem.

“The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that more than 6 percent of the 15,000 students in grades 9 through 12 who took the CDC’s 2003 National Youth Risk Behavior Survey acknowledged taking steroid pills or shots at least once.”

Now although I can’t verify the authenticity of this survey,[/quote]

And rightly not.

A while back there was a survey finding some quite substantial percentage of middle-school GIRLS claiming anabolic steroid use. Which cannot be correct.

Self-reporting surveys particularly of kids and drug use are notoriously unreliable. Some percentage of kids will find it “cool” to reply yes to using various things that are illegal or considered immoral. Many studies are more interested in sensationalism (or funding) than in working to correct for such error.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
musicma1n1 wrote:

Now although I can’t verify the authenticity of this survey,

And rightly not.

A while back there was a survey finding some quite substantial percentage of middle-school GIRLS claiming anabolic steroid use. Which cannot be correct.

Self-reporting surveys particularly of kids and drug use are notoriously unreliable. Some percentage of kids will find it “cool” to reply yes to using various things that are illegal or considered immoral. Many studies are more interested in sensationalism (or funding) than in working to correct for such error.

[/quote]

Absolutely. I know that I used to check ‘yes, often’ next to all of the questioned activities on these surveys in school, because it was anonymous I thought it would be funny to throw a monkey-wrench into the works. I can’t be the only student that did this on these forms…

Lol I always do that too, my favorite is:

“When was the last time you brought a firearm to school?”
A) Never
B) A year or so ago
C) Last month
D) Last week
E) Right now

Okay maybe there was no E, but you get the point. Anyways thanks to everyone who replied and I’ll try to spread the good word.