Anna's Training Log

Just do some deload-type work if anything. The vacation will probably do you some good.

Do you want to switch to a 4 day template instead? What you have been doing should work in theory, I did similar training myself in the past, but if you are having problems recovering and not making noticeable progress then something is wrong. You should also aim to gain some weight, if you don’t then you can’t expect to get much stronger. For newer lifters, most of your gains are going to be a direct result of increased muscle mass. If you don’t increase muscle mass then gains will be minimal.

I honestly don’t care. I’m not really sure about combining squats and deadlifts though. My gym time is limited and the setup/rest time needed might not work

Well, I don’t really know what to tell you at this point. Less volume didn’t work, you didn’t eat to gain weight when you did some high volume work and got no gains as a result, and on top of that you have health issues and limited training time. It kind of sounds like you should focus on getting healthy more than anything. If you have time for handstands and cardio you should have time to squat and deadlift in the same session, but maybe you have other priorities. I tried to help you but there is only so much I can do, if you don’t want to follow what I’m telling you then there is nothing I can do.

I get your point and frustration. I’ll give it a try.