Anna's Training Log Part 2 (Part 1)

That’s probably the best pic of you since the start of this log.

5 Likes

@Koestrizer first thing I noticed, @anna_5588 you’re putting me to shame, stop it!

@Cyrrex agreed!

1 Like

Solid plan! Also maybe look into doing RDLs at a very very slow tempo.

Looking swole certainly the arms and also see some nice lat action!!!

1 Like

Looking waaaaaaay better Anna

2 Likes

Have you gained any weight? I haven’t been reading every post.

1 Like

@Cyrrex @Koestrizer @vision1 @alex_uk @hustlinghat93 @jshaving
Thanks guys!

Week 1: day 4 (Wednesday)

Too lazy to write everything out… I did the work and almost got 40kg for 5 on the joker set, did the deadlifts at 90 and the pullups.

Updates:

• I’m really ready to be done with schoolwork, very nervous for the game theory exam
  • my friend(that one) gets to present his paper at a conference…I’m really happy for him but :sob::sob::sob::sob:
    I have decided to cut him out for a bit. This does mean I’ll need to find someone else to look over my stuff and discuss random papers with, but I’ll figure it out.
    Note: “cutting out” sounds harsh but it’s more of a commitment device on my part. It’s very clear that neither of us has any use for the other aside from school, running the club and occasionally sharing random papers.
  • I’m n one of those “I’m failing” periods. Also, I feel like none of my professors really take me seriously. I’m sure they think I’m a good student but don’t see me as anything exceptional. I distinctly remember the game theory prof (my friends advisor) talking about him extremely highly. My advisors probably see me as just another enthusiastic undergrad. I’m in a field that literally anyone could do/understand

This is a fascinating way to view a fellow member of your species

4 Likes

This framing allows me to avoid having actual feeling for him which I know are not reciprocated

I only have one male friend(irl) who is not “utilitarian” in some way. He’s the cs dude I watched a movie with.

He’s my friend bc he reminds me of my brother

….while simultaneously allowing you to not be honest with yourself about your own feelings. I mean, I get it, but not sure it is the healthiest approach.

2 Likes

It works, just like my brute forced code. Ugly but effective

I started using this strategy after 7th grade. I liked a guy (mostly bc he could do maths). He did not like me back. It ended with me getting pretty much expelled for stabbing him with a pen.

I was very close to doing that to my friend (that one) yesterday. We are both lucky this isn’t middle school

I’ve come to realize that I am good at getting guys to help me but not to like me. I take what I can get

Probably not the reaction you were hoping for, but that made me laugh very much out loud.

Anyway, cutting him out makes sense for a lot of reasons, not least of which for his own physical safety. Just try to be honest to yourself about why you are doing it.

2 Likes

:frowning_face: why?

That was exactly the reaction I was hoping for

Um, this likely means that they DO like you. There are many ways to like a person. You just admitted to likeing your friend because he was like your brother.

1 Like

No I meant in THAT way.

I more or less treat him like a brother. That dude knows more about my family than any of my friends

Well, you curiously express that you do not yourself like anyone in THAT way. So what way do you want them to like you? If you say anything about co-authoring papers, I am just going to assume it is a euphemism for naked judo or something.

3 Likes

This is the result of the middle school stuff.
Believe it or not, Ive actually had guys I liked for non academic reasons before.
No one ever liked me, but I did get tech support

Honestly, now that I think about it. My friend(that one)’s value added is that he is just as enthusiastic about Econ stuff and papers as I am
I have to tone my enthusiasm down with my other friends.

Describing a reason you like someone is not the same as how you feel about that person. You like one dude for Econ stuff. You like another dude because he has qualities similar to your brother. But one of them you very clearly have much stronger feelings for.

So when I ask in what way you like someone, the real question is HOW do you feel. That is not something that can be answered by a list of reasons.

5 Likes

To piggy back on this @anna_5588 . You approach things the same way I used too when I was your age. You want to reason everything away logically. Unfortunately, when it comes to emotions, attraction, etc… most of these things cannot be reasoned away.

One likes who one likes. You can easily talk yourself out of acting on those feelings but you are/will be missing out on a big aspect of life (I am speaking from experience). Humans have an innate desire for companionship that can leave a crushing hole when it isn’t there.

3 Likes