American Gladiators

So they are bring this show back? I am excited but expecting to be disappointed.

I want to sign up to be a contestant…

Haha, I just saw the commercial on NBC. I am also excited and actually want to see it. I hope they add in some crazy stuff. I see they have replaced the foam with water on the joust…

I wonder what else they’ll do. Put baseballs in the target shooting event? Heh.

Yeah! We are getting this in Oz again as well.

That was a great show back when I was a little kid.

I just saw a commercial with Assault… Apparently if you hit the target and “knock out” the Gladiator they go flying back into a pool of water. Haha, how funny is that?

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:

I wonder what else they’ll do. Put baseballs in the target shooting event? Heh.[/quote]

I was thinking billiard balls, if they really wanted ratings…

This show is going to be awesome. I only hope that the Gladiators have names anywhere near as cool as the originals.

I can’t even tell you how many pet snakes, gerbils, guinea pigs, and frogs were named “Laser”, “Nitro”, or “Turbo” as I was growing up…

Nobody can replace Malibu. NOBODY.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
Nobody can replace Malibu. NOBODY.[/quote]

[quote]Spry wrote:
Yeah! We are getting this in Oz again as well.

That was a great show back when I was a little kid.[/quote]

Yeah there are actually tryouts and auditions for who wants to become a Gladiator. A couple of people I know are trying out.

JohnnyBlaze, thought the audtions were over?

When’s it airing in Oz? I can’t wait!

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
mr_slick wrote:
Nobody can replace Malibu. NOBODY.

[/quote]

Please tell me that was a joke.
Please…

I’m psyched.

I love catching the reruns on ESPN classic.

I never noticed how jacked the gladiators and even some of the contests really were until I saw some of the episodes again recently.

I think the original Gladiators along with other things was one of the influences that made me want to lift weights and be strong.

Ever since I was 5 I wanted to be HYOOGE haha

I know that Mike O’Hearn is a new gladiator. He was a Weider posterboy back in the early '90s, natural and supposadly gay.
From what I can tell, he is not natural anymore.

[quote]Spry wrote:
JohnnyBlaze, thought the audtions were over?

When’s it airing in Oz? I can’t wait![/quote]

Oh yea, they are over now and filming has already started. So the new Gladiators get only over a month of training in their roles…hardly veterans, but I’m sure the best of the best were picked.

Here’s the info:

Auditions for new gladiators took place via e-mail and closed on October 16, 2007 while auditions for challengers will take place in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth from October 20 to November 4, 2007.

Once the gladiators and challengers have been chosen, filming of all the episodes for season four will take place during the time frame of December 1, 2007 to February 29, 2008 with the series set to air during the time frame of March 1, 2008 to July 31, 2008

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:

Oh yea, they are over now and filming has already started. So the new Gladiators get only over a month of training in their roles…hardly veterans, but I’m sure the best of the best were picked.

[/quote]

There were a few familiar names on the list of Gladiators.

Mike O’Hearn has already been mentioned.

MMA / Muay Thai fighter and all-around beauty Gina Carano is on the list.

IFBB pro figure competitor and T-Nation pinup Valerie Waugaman is also on the list. As a matter of fact, with the exception of Carano, all of the female Gladiatiors are IFBB pros.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:

I wonder what else they’ll do. Put baseballs in the target shooting event? Heh.

I was thinking billiard balls, if they really wanted ratings…

This show is going to be awesome. I only hope that the Gladiators have names anywhere near as cool as the originals.

I can’t even tell you how many pet snakes, gerbils, guinea pigs, and frogs were named “Laser”, “Nitro”, or “Turbo” as I was growing up…[/quote]

“Gladiator names include: Hammer, Justice, Mayhem, Militia, Titan, Toa, and Wolf on the men’s side, with Blast, Crush, Fury, Helga, Siren, Stealth, and Venom being the names of the female Gladiators.”

Not as cool as the old ones.

They had a sign up sheet at the Olympia Expo.

Great marketing idea to bring back the old re-runs.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Great marketing idea to bring back the old re-runs. [/quote]

Actually, I think it is the other way around.

The new version of Gladiator’s came about because the reruns are kicking ass in syndication. After seeing that the old show was still quite popular, NBC figured they could revive the franchise and make some more coin.

I saw Mike O’Hearn is Titan, that dude’s always in shape.