Amazing Lifting Video

Hold on, I saw two numbers there, did he clean ~200 kg or ~300 kg?

[quote]JMac10 wrote:
what is this guys name?[/quote]

Pyrros Dimas

www.pyrros.gr/video.html

here is some more of his videos. this guy is a beast.

Dammmit. Did anyone else experience problems with the video, cause it just won’t play on my PC?

[quote]warriork wrote:
what in the hell was that? damn, man are olympic weightlifter the strongest athletes in the world or what?
[/quote]

No Gymansts are according to Coach Glassman at crossfit…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
warriork wrote:
what in the hell was that? damn, man are olympic weightlifter the strongest athletes in the world or what?

No Gymansts are according to Coach Glassman at crossfit…[/quote]

Well strength is all a matter of perspective in my opinion.

And although I love Crossfit and do alot of their workouts the whole “drink the Kool Aid” thing I get from some of their more active proponents gives me some negative vibes.

I personally think elite strongman competitors are probably the strongest men in the world but the power and speed of guys like Dimas are just freaking amazing.

The whole gymnast/oly lifters/powerlifters/strongmen are stronger debate is about as tired as the BJJ/Judo/sub wrestling debate.

But I got love for all but I thank Dan John for that since he uses damned near everything in his training.

Hell I wouldn’t be suprised if his next article on here is “Getting Stronger Using the Kitchen Sink.”

What a freak! I would be curious to know what this guy weighs…he doesn’t look tall.

And yea, I believe that olympic lifters are pound for pound the most powerfull people on the planet.

Tara Nott was a gymnast prior to being on the US Olympic Weightliftng team.

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
What a freak! I would be curious to know what this guy weighs…he doesn’t look tall.

And yea, I believe that olympic lifters are pound for pound the most powerfull people on the planet.[/quote]

He’s around 5’8" 180lbs

In North American Sports the Gretzkys/ Jordans/Montanas hold huge celebrity status and make shit loads of money but back in Greece this guy is a freaking GOD! It’s impossible to compare his status to any athlete in North America. Check out how solid he looks in this picture. He looks like a Comic Book hero.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
warriork wrote:

No Gymansts are according to Coach Glassman at crossfit…[/quote]

Hmmm, I originally found the link to this clip at…Crossfit. Go figure…

[quote]Rob_M wrote:
ZEB wrote:
warriork wrote:

No Gymansts are according to Coach Glassman at crossfit…

Hmmm, I originally found the link to this clip at…Crossfit. Go figure…[/quote]

That doesn’t surprise me. They love to talk about Olymic Weightlifting. But always maintain that Gymnasts rein supreme.

ZEB,
I have never seen anyone at crossfit call gymnasts better/stronger/more powerful than olympic weightlifters. Glassman has said that choosing between olympic weightlifting and gymnastics was like choosing between your arms and your legs. He also has criticized gymnasts repeatedly for neglecting the posterior chain work that o-lifting provides. Considering that crossfit has Dan John and Mike Burgener behind them, crossfit does have some O-lifting credibility. It seems like you really have an axe to grind with crossfit. Instead of insulting them baselessly, why don’t you say what your real problem is?

[quote]sinai16 wrote:
ZEB,
I have never seen anyone at crossfit call gymnasts better/stronger/more powerful than olympic weightlifters. Glassman has said that choosing between olympic weightlifting and gymnastics was like choosing between your arms and your legs. He also has criticized gymnasts repeatedly for neglecting the posterior chain work that o-lifting provides. Considering that crossfit has Dan John and Mike Burgener behind them, crossfit does have some O-lifting credibility. It seems like you really have an axe to grind with crossfit. Instead of insulting them baselessly, why don’t you say what your real problem is?[/quote]

Word.

[quote]Kir Dog wrote:
Velvet Revolver wrote:

And yea, I believe that olympic lifters are pound for pound the most powerfull people on the planet.

He’s around 5’8" 180lbs[/quote]

Yea, I would like to see anyone call this guy at 180 a weakling or scrawny…Were are all the people that talk shit and think everyone has to weigh 250 to be strong at now?

What always amazes me about Olympic Lifters, especially the lighter classes, is that they are so small compared to powerlifers and bodybuilders and pound for pound are the strongest. You older guys remember David Rigert? Pyrros reminds me of him.

[quote]lorddunsmore wrote:
What always amazes me about Olympic Lifters, especially the lighter classes, is that they are so small compared to powerlifers and bodybuilders and pound for pound are the strongest. You older guys remember David Rigert? Pyrros reminds me of him.[/quote]

No shit. Its because size don’t mean jack shit when you train like an animal AND train the right way.

Doesn’t mean everyone can be like these guys, they are genetic freaks. However, they set an example of what can be achieved, albiet on a lower platform.

I love this olympic lifts, there quickly becomming an obsession of mine

No shit. Its because size don’t mean jack shit when you train like an animal AND train the right way.

Doesn’t mean everyone can be like these guys, they are genetic freaks. However, they set an example of what can be achieved, albiet on a lower platform.
[/quote]

I understand your point and it’s valid to some degree.
But look at the type of people who post pics on this site. How many of them must adhere to strict weight restrictions in order to compete in their sport? In fact, how many of them actually play a competitive sport? There are some. And of those who compete, most sports don’t use weight classifications. Most would benefit from some lean mass gain as it would be a competitive advantage in most explosive sports. I gained close to 30 pounds since I started training more intelligently and I’m not only much stronger than before, but also a lot faster and I have more anaerobic capacity.

I doubt that a person’s untrained weight is the optimal weight for competing, even in the case of weightlifting. I would guess that most people gain some weight and then settle into the weight class in which their body type can produce its best power to weight ratio. Just a guess.

I would say most train to look good naked. And if you post your pic on a site that’s dedicated mostly to bodybuilding then the advice you’ll get is to add mass to your frame if you’re 5’10 150lbs… simply because you would look better at 5’10 210lbs.

So yea I get what you’re saying but it’s the exception rather than the rule. Anyway I got off topic.

I watch these vids twice a day now before I go to the gym. Very inspirational and humbling at the same time

He’s around 5’8" 180lbs

Yea, I would like to see anyone call this guy at 180 a weakling or scrawny…Were are all the people that talk shit and think everyone has to weigh 250 to be strong at now?
[/quote]

hmmmm…

I assume that you are talking about me here…

let me set the record straight…

at no time have I ever said that someone has to weight 250 pounds to be strong… feel free to look through all of my posts and prove me wrong…

in fact, if you had read some of my other posts regarding this matter, you would have read that I KNOW that there are some VERY strong smaller guys out there…just very damn few…

here is a quote from me…DPH - “99.99% of guys 160 pounds and under are weak as shit”…

I firmly stand by this statement…

I read on another site that Pyrros Dimas was 5’7 and a 1/2" tall and competed at 181 lbs, but usually weighed around 190 lbs (at a very low bodyfat percentage) and cut water weight right before a contest… pretty fucking solid dude if you ask me…and can hardly be compared to the typical 155 lbs pencil necked scrawny dipshit at a much higher bodyfat percentage…

what the fuck, god damn that fucker strong as hell. I wonder what his vertical and 40 yard dash is. I bet he super explosive. imagine him play basketball or football.