All Included Hotel Resort for Lifters

Is anyone aware of the existence of a resort like this in mexico, dominican republic or anywhere in central america?

Basically like a regular all included but with a top tier gym with modern equipment and big dumbells and machines, healthy buffet, supplement bar (why not), coworking space where you can lift and relax at the beach

There’s a nice Hampton Inn that’s about a 5 minute walk from my area’s 24/7 powerlifting gym. Lots of good restaurants with healthy options nearby too. We have local seafood, Thai, French, Indian, Italian, East African and a historic hot dog spot.

I know of a Ramada up in golden British Columbia that at least used to have a pretty well stocked gym. A decent assortment of machines, a squat rack, a smith and so on. The first time I ever pulled 405 was in that gym haha. I don’t know if it’s still there but i hope it is.

If you’re looking for a warm, tropical climate, @twojarslave’s local Hampton is the spot to go.

1 Like

There’s a Hilton Blue over in Lancaster that doesn’t have any of those things, but if you go next month you can ride big choo-choo trains and mac on some Amish chicks.

1 Like

@jshaving As a matter of fact, we happen to have a slice of paradise lined up for the coming days. I’m off for the next week with my kid, my boat and my ex-girlfriend’s dog.

1 Like

85 is still too hot for me to call it paradise. I’m a big fan of autumn.

Have a good week off though!

@twojarslave @whiplash1
thinking about club med type places for vacations

1 Like

The closest I’ve been to is Hotel Atelier in Playa Mujeres area of Cancun. It’s not a full gym but is decently equipped (you’ll have to use smith machine for compounds), is an adults only all inclusive. There is a cafe right next to the gym that will make protein shakes and all the restaurants have protein rich options in them (and really good food). It’s one of the top 5 hotels I’ve been to, really really good all around.

3 Likes

I’m late to thread, but have a story that’s kind of relevant.

I lived in this former restaurant that was in a stripmall next to a key card 24 hour gym. A small place that had been a stationary shop previously, but had a commercial kitchen and a bunch of couches. Think of it as a commune for hippies and all of them either worked in the food industry or were going to the local culinary school, so there was always food.

We all had a membership to the gym nextdoor to use a bathroom, take showers, get the free wifi through the wall (which you had to be right next to the dividing wall,) and a good portion of us did lift, but with really strange schedules.

In hindsight that would have been an awesome chance to have made progress, but I wasn’t on point then.

Still, cool concept for a stripped down resort for lifters.