on

he
he
lol

Everybody’s gotta go sometime.

Thanks for the contribution, Albie.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
Strychnine in LSD is a myth. Out of all the LSD that has been tested in the history of LSD, only one has been found to contain strychnine and only that one has led to a death. .

Why in the hell would anybody put strychnine in LSD anyway?
I mean, I can understand, from a purely profit-making point of view, why someone would add crap to cocaine, but what sense does this make with a substance whose dosage is in the 200-500 microgram range???

[/quote]

Actually LSD nowadays is usually around 40 mics a hit, max. If you get 100 mics you have some bomb shite. Owsley made the white lightning which was supposed to be 500 mics but that was rare, way too much for most people. Even at the height of the 60’s the average LSD was only in the area of 100 mics. The strongest I’ve ever had was red gel tabs way back in high school which were supposedly 75 mics. 2 of those was more than enough.

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:

Actually LSD nowadays is usually around 40 mics a hit, max. If you get 100 mics you have some bomb shite. Owsley made the white lightning which was supposed to be 500 mics but that was rare, way too much for most people. Even at the height of the 60’s the average LSD was only in the area of 100 mics. The strongest I’ve ever had was red gel tabs way back in high school which were supposedly 75 mics. 2 of those was more than enough.[/quote]

You have to take quite a more than a couple hits of most of today’s stuff to get to where you want to be.

If it’s even got any LSD in it at all.

It’s just not a popular drug to make. I mean, why spend all that time and effort making it when you could make meth or extacy and reap much, much larger profits?

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
Listening to Alan Watts Sunday morning lectures on WZBC was my substitute for church when I got old enough to be in control of my own philosophy.

What a speaker! Always interesting to listen to. I even liked what he said about why he no longer took LSD. Evidently he felt, and Hofmann felt the same way about himself, that he had learned what he needed to from LSD. So Watts explained his reason thusly:

<<When you get the message, hang up the phone>>

[/quote]

I just read that quote today. It confirmed my recollection that he moved past the psychedelic stage. Well all this prompted me to download some podcasts of Watts for bedtime listening. On a different note, I ordered a new read off of Amazon: "Storming Heaven. LSD and the American Dream.

So, entheogens, Carlos Castaneda, fraud or prophet?

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:

So, entheogens, Carlos Castaneda, fraud or prophet?

[/quote]

Fraud, but still a great thinker.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

You have to take quite a more than a couple hits of most of today’s stuff to get to where you want to be.

If it’s even got any LSD in it at all.

It’s just not a popular drug to make. I mean, why spend all that time and effort making it when you could make meth or extacy and reap much, much larger profits?[/quote]

Yeah, for sure. But there isn’t anything else potent enough to fit on a blotter or gel tab. If you have either one of those it’s LSD, at least an impure variety of it.

There are certainly things potent enough to fit on a tab. DOB and a lot of the RC’s out there will fit on a tab just fine. They are much easier to acquire for most people too and most people wouldn’t notice the difference except with DOB. The 2 day trip would probably give it away.

I believe LSA will also fit on tabs, but I could be mistaken.

DOB is active at 1-3mg which would make it a pretty tight fit on the average blot.

LSA will definately not fit on a blot. It’s also very unstable so it’s potency would rapidly dissipate.

agreed that a dose was best used in familiar surroundings with familiar people .last time I did it I went to a MLB baseball game…holy fuckin’ shit .that was 20 years ago .

I once DID have a "lost keys " incident . dropped a dose and went rippin’ around on my enduro for a few hours one sunny afternoon . stopped somewhere…and my fuckin’ keys werent in the ignition anymore .WTF !

another time I was on the tail-end of a trip , alone in my parents basement when the tornado sirens start wailing …fuckin’ panic

listening to TOOL …RIGHT NOW !

when I was a teen I knew a kid who got a shit-ton slipped into his beer . the rumor was that he screamed for hours on end . he showed up at my house about 10 years later lookin’ for my brother .just a shell …pretty creepy

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
I ordered a new read off of Amazon: "Storming Heaven. LSD and the American Dream.[/quote]

Great read! You’re going to love it.

I don’t know enough about it. I know he had a lot of impact on people, but I was never into Carlos Castaneda.
I had read Castaneda, but he was not the person who inspired me to try psychedelics. Who did? Terence McKenna’s work inspired me. Narby who wrote “Cosmic Serpent” was another who inspired me.

Mind you, I came to this relatively late in life. I went through college and my twenties and most of my thirties without having done psychedelics. I had done cannabis and MDMA (when it was still legal) and that was it.