8x8, Any Comments?

[quote]Loopylad wrote:
Ok…so I had a nose through and couldn’t really find to much on the 8 x 8 malarky, this is what I came up with, constructive advice (or call me a nob if you like)[/quote]

Should’ve nosed around a bit more, 'ya nob. :wink:

In his book, The Wild Physique, Gironda described 8x8 as “… not for beginners… I doubt if anyone with less than two years training experience could benefit from this method.”

Now, the truth:advertising hype ratio of that is questionable, but it is a seriously intense workout if it’s done as he intended.

A student of Vince’s explains it here: www.vincesgym.com/pages/faq_01.htm

“The 8x8 method of training involves picking one exercise per bodypart, and by using the same weight for every set completing 8 sets of 8 reps with minimal rest between sets”

As you have it laid out above… hells yes that would be too much.

Try starting with three non-consecutive days per week, and tweak it as needed. Supposedly, this style lends itself to multiple sessions per day for more advanced trainees.

I’ve generally found 8x8 to function best as a fat loss routine, rather than a muscle-building program as it was originally designed. By using the same weight for all sets (like you’re supposed to) and being strict with the rest periods (like you’re supposed to), it can thoroughly kick your ass and burn a ton of calories.

1 Like