5'10, 182lbs

MM

lookin great man

what events did you compete in? i’m also interested in doing some my first show as a teen in Chicago…

Man, wtf? Only 182 Ibs at 5’10? Anything under a shredded 250 Ibs sucks!

Just kidding!

[quote]slippery_banana wrote:
lookin great man[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote]olympianiac wrote:
what events did you compete in? i’m also interested in doing some my first show as a teen in Chicago… [/quote]

I competed in the NGA Heart Of America Natural Classic on May 2nd, considering competing again next May. Although I may hold off until September 2010 so I can fill out these wheels and calves!

You look a lot leaner in these pics than the stage ones - did you lean up more or was it not lit properly?

I haven’t done any bodyfat testing so I can’t be certain, my goal has been to gain strength and keep the six pack abs! I want to say I was under 5 percent for contest. I imagine it was a combination of poor lighting, and over doing it on the carbs on game day. That’s a little frustrating considering I’ve been over my maintenance levels consistently the last three or four weeks.

are you trying to move up to some goal weight? i’m your height and weight, maybe a fraction shorter and a pound lighter, and i’m having a hell of a time figuring out a way to move up in weight. also doing carb cycling.

looking good man.

i think doing sumo deads will thicken up the inner thigh, if you’re going for that. and all the accessory stuff that goes along with building a sumo deadlift.

[quote]grettiron wrote:
are you trying to move up to some goal weight? i’m your height and weight, maybe a fraction shorter and a pound lighter, and i’m having a hell of a time figuring out a way to move up in weight. also doing carb cycling.

looking good man.

i think doing sumo deads will thicken up the inner thigh, if you’re going for that. and all the accessory stuff that goes along with building a sumo deadlift. [/quote]

Thanks for the comment, I’d like to move up to 190 lbs and maintain my six pack abs. I’m going to hit this 5x5 program for another month or until progress stalls. Looking forward to incorporating sumo deadlifts and RDL into my split. I’m about 185 lbs right now, little more or less depending when I weigh myself. I’ve gained a solid 2.5 or 3 lbs in the last three/four weeks and I’m satisfied with that.

Good work looking impressive - what do you weigh offseason (at the heaviest) and what are your measurements if you dont mind sharing (arm, leg ,waist, chest)

I’m impressed.

[quote]yusef wrote:
Looking great, I don’t understand how I am 2 inches shorter than you, weigh 20lb more, albeit slightly less lean, but I look far smaller!
Am I just destined to be shit?
[/quote]

yes.

No but seriously, the kid looks good, bright future it seems.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
grettiron wrote:

looking good man.

i think doing sumo deads will thicken up the inner thigh, if you’re going for that. and all the accessory stuff that goes along with building a sumo deadlift.

Thanks for the comment, I’d like to move up to 190 lbs and maintain my six pack abs. I’m going to hit this 5x5 program for another month or until progress stalls. Looking forward to incorporating sumo deadlifts and RDL into my split. I’m about 185 lbs right now, little more or less depending when I weigh myself. I’ve gained a solid 2.5 or 3 lbs in the last three/four weeks and I’m satisfied with that.[/quote]

coming from an “i wanna get strong” perspective, the sumo dead and RDL is a great combination! whenever i hit the RDLs hard, my dead goes up.

Thank you for all the kind words.

Yusef, with a burning desire and persistence you can accomplish anything. Also proper planning is critical, in the gym and in the kitchen.

MaxPower - I was a sloppy 212 lbs in Febuary, unfortunately I don’t have any measuremeants to give you. Considering this was my first contest I had no clue what I was doing, and gave myself about ten weeks to cut down from 18 plus bodyfat.

My game plan for the future is to allow myself a nice 18-20 week cut for my next show, I also don’t plan to weigh more than 200 lbs (my goal is to stay under 12%) this time around. Cutting 25 lbs is enough for me.