22yrs Old, 6'4'', 205, Training 1 Year

teh roidz

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:
By the way, how is it obvious he is making progress? I’m curious to hear your expert opinion on this. [/quote]

Because, in my opinion, it is obvious that he works out. People on this forum also like to insult those who don’t have gigantic muscles, and tell them to “post again when they look like they workout” . It is clear in his shoulder, bicep, and back (seeing visible lats from the front bicep pose) that he has clear muscular development in those areas. People who do not weight train normally do not have very visible lats from the front biceps pose. Also, he is lean, which helps his physique look that much better.

Once again, mikostephen, focus on big compound movements, and make sure that you are eating A LOT. At your stage, you should feel as if you are always eating, and judging by how lean you are, it appears you have wiggle room to increase calories. Just ensure that you are getting quality calories and not from fast food, candy, etc.

My last suggestion is to up the calories you consume in your peri-workout nutrition. You should be drinking a high calorie protein shake before and after you workout, and then eating a large meal about thirty minutes to an hour after you workout.

This is my recipe for pre and post workout shakes:

Whole Milk (around a cup and a half)
Peanut Butter (2 heaping tablespoons)
Quick Oats (around a third of a cup)
Olive oil (only a dash, a half of a tablespoon or so)
Protein powder (One and a half scoops)

Put all ingredients into a blender, and turn on the highest setting. Let it blend for a solid minute or so, letting all the ingredients liquefy. If you have a banana, throw it in too for electrolytes.

Nutrition Facts (one shake)
Calories: 580
Fat: 30g
Carbs: 34g
Protein: 49g

Consume this before and after your workouts and you will have successfully ingested ~1200 extra calories.

Hope this advice was of use to you, enjoy your training!