190,000 Weapons Vanished

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Now, as usual, you are trying to weasel out of it, like you always do.

Iraq was either viewed as a threat or it wasn’t. You have said over and over and over that Iraq was most certainly not a threat and everyone knew that - that is your launching point to then go off and explain how the US started the war with its “imperialist” ambitions, etc. [/quote]

You really don’t get it, now do you?

In my viewpoint, Iraq was harmless. In fact, if you asked people around the world their opinion on the matter, the overwhelming majority would have concurred with views.

Now, if you really wanna split hairs, ANY country can potentially represent a threat. The mere existence of an army ensures that Saddam had to go, and that much we can agree on. But, Iraq was certainly not the kind of threat you deal with by launching an overblown war.

But all this is simply rehashing something we’ve discussed ad nauseaum. The point of this thread is not that. So, I’ll ask you directly Thunderbolt23: What do you think about the 190,000 weapons that got “lost”?

[quote]lixy wrote:

You really don’t get it, now do you?

In my viewpoint, Iraq was harmless.[/quote]

You think Iraq was harmless not because the information tells you that it was, but such a view helps the ideological script you want to stick to.

Oh, I get it just fine.

A silly speculation in the first place - but on that note, did the “people around the world” have access to the information needed to make such a decision?

Correct, but yet you still deliberately attempt to misinform readers in these forums. Such willful propaganda on your part - patent dishonesty - will be countered, lest someone actually believe your uninformed account.

If that makes you tear up and get sniffly, the road to recovery involves presenting responsible information like an adult, even if it doesn’t help your “cause”.

What do I think? I think it is ridiculous and shows an inefficient management in place. Who wouldn’t think this? I share everyone’s viewpoint - not that novel. Large scale government enterprises often have these kinds of bone-headed screw-ups - it’s only trust-fund radicals that start sniffing around, hoping for a conspiracy theory.

[quote]lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Quick question: Are the suicide bombers mainly college graduates?

I don’t know about the exact proportions, but I do know a lot of the attacks on American and British soil were perpetrated by people that doesn’t fit the “dumb-Taliban-sword-waving” mold. A lot of them are doctors, engineers, and certainly not products of an Afghan Madrassa.

Who do the “college graduates” (what a horrible thing to say about colleges) recruit?

I don’t get your question.

Who would be more likely to be influenced by an al qaeda/iran win?

Man, oh man. Fox did some irreparable damage to your ability to identify BS.

What is there for Al-Qaeda or Iran to win in Iraq? Chances for an Islamist organization made up primarily of foreigners to even be tolerated by a free Iraqi people, let alone exert real influence over their government, are inexistent. Iran shares borders with Iraq, and as long as there will be a substantial Shi’ite population in Iraq, Tehran is bound to have influence over Baghdad, the same way Baghdad has influence over Tehran. They’re within each other’s sphere of influence. If anything, Iran has been protecting the Shi’tes of the region who have been persecuted by the Saudis, Kuwaitis and most notably, by Saddam Hussein. Who knows what those murderous Saudis are gonna do with the 20 billions worth of weapons that you recently decided to sell to them? They certainly don’t like the idea of the Shi’ites in their country joining forces with the Iraqi Shi’ites and follow the Iranian revolution example.

Iraq is not a fucking cake. You don’t win it or lose it. You either continue digging the hole you’re in (which is expanding by the day), or you get a ladder and get out before you cause all hell to break lose (hell being an appropriate description of Iraq nowadays).

On a side note, it seems the July US death toll was a mere statistical outlier (maybe related to that punctual surge). The numbers are climbing again this month.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/08/07/ap3996269.html

How can you claim to be “support[ing] the troops”? You’re keeping them away from their loved ones, exhausting them by the extended tours of duty, and increasing the chances that they get shot or maimed . In my book, that’s the opposite of support. Give those kids a chance to protect THEIR country for heaven’s sake.[/quote]

lixy,

Give me your best bet. How many suicide bombers are college graduates.

By saying that more taliban were educated that we thought is like saying that anything greater than zero is a great surprise.

Let’s get you on record as to your best guess.

Thanks in advance.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
[/quote]

Suicide bombers? You probably would include the Palestinians into the lot.

What I talked about were the people responsible for the “attacks on American and British soil”. I don’t know if the “college graduates” make up the majority, but I can safely say that they represent a substantial proportion.

[quote]lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:

Suicide bombers? You probably would include the Palestinians into the lot.

What I talked about were the people responsible for the “attacks on American and British soil”. I don’t know if the “college graduates” make up the majority, but I can safely say that they represent a substantial proportion.[/quote]

The attacks on American soil WERE suicide bombers. I’m asking you what the overall percentage (your best guess) in the suicide bomber ranks would be.

No more weasling, give me a guess.

JeffR

This whole situation pisses me off in the sense that if I can’t seem to find a receipt from a business expenditure that I wrote off, I can be hauled off to jail for defrauded the government (let’s stick with the premise that we are bound by law to pay income tax).

Someone is responsible for this, conspiracy or not, and my tax dollars used supposedly for these weapons has been pissed away but I can seek no recourse for the government’s receipt.