190,000 Weapons Vanished

[i]The Pentagon has lost track of about 190,000 AK-47 assault rifles and pistols given to Iraqi security forces in 2004 and 2005, according to a new government report, raising fears that some of those weapons have fallen into the hands of insurgents fighting U.S. forces in Iraq.

The author of the report from the Government Accountability Office says U.S. military officials do not know what happened to 30 percent of the weapons the United States distributed to Iraqi forces from 2004 through early this year as part of an effort to train and equip the troops. The highest previous estimate of unaccounted-for weapons was 14,000, in a report issued last year by the inspector general for Iraq reconstruction.[/i]

Talk about irony! Been saying all along that your presence in Iraq only made Al-Qaeda stronger. All you in the Bush-knows-best crowd, I would really like to see you try and twist this one.

I am as saddened by this news as one can be. So for heaven’s sake, get your troops home, apologize for the mess, and put the soldiers to guard your borders. Too many people died already.

[quote]lixy wrote:

I am as saddened by this news as one can be. So for heaven’s sake, get your troops home, apologize for the mess, and put the soldiers to guard your borders. Too many people died already.[/quote]

You are getting desperate.

Nope, the U.S. is going to keep killing the extremists.

This is going to depress you, but, when Rudy wins, he isn’t going to pull out until there is more stability.

Imagine the unthinkable happens and rodham wins, I seriously doubt she’ll pull out either.

I know she’s been catering to the bradley kooks. However, I’ll bet you a nickel she won’t want to be seen as soft = stay.

I have to tell you I smiled yesterday when the Mosque mastermind was killed.

JeffR

“I am as saddened by this news as one can be.”

You seem pretty fucking pleased, not sad. Weep and ye shall be heard.

Unfortunately lixy, things must REALLY be going to hell if this is “suddenly” worthy of the media’s attention. I first posted about this probably a year ago – thats precisely why I never bought into the “Iran arming the insurgency” bullshit. Why would they need to?

Between the 1/4 million small arms…

FEARS OVER SECRET U.S. ARMS SHIPMENT
10/05/2006
The 99-tonne cache of AK47s was to have been secretly flown out from a US base in Bosnia. But the four planeloads of arms have vanished.

Orders for the deal to go ahead were given by the US Department of Defense. But the work was contracted out via a complex web of private arms traders…

and the 400 tons of looted explosives…

A mess of missing ordnance
the disclosure that tons of advanced explosives had somehow vanished from an Iraqi weapons dump came as no surprise to David Kay…
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/041108/8weapons.htm

UN: 400 tons of Iraq explosives missing
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-10/26/content_385854.htm

and possibly several BILLION dollars…

Audit: U.S. lost track of $9 billion in Iraq funds
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.audit/

While people think this is all about incompetence, its NOT. This is part of the lunatic neocon strategy to destabilize Middle Eastern countries through civil wars. Just like Israel’s senseless pummeling of Lebanon – the only “strategy” was to create chaos.

When you say our “presence in Iraq only made Al-Qaeda stronger” – thats THE POINT. The war on terror has already increased terrorism sevenfold.

“Incompetence” implies failure – yet the neocons are achieving most of their “not so well publicized” stated goals.

My simplified analogy would be like, if they said PUBLICLY that they needed to drive from New York to California and through a series of missteps and blunders and “unforeseen” circumstances, they somehow ended up in South America. Of course all the talk everywhere was bewilderment and anger at their sheer incompetence EVERY step of the way.

But if anyone bothered to look at less public statements from the real planners of this “trip”, they just might be amazed to find that South America was their planned destination after all…

Neocons Advocate Civil War in Iraq as “Strategic” Policy

Iran ‘is training Basra killers’
The MoD said the new claims supported Tony Blair’s concerns of an Iran link.

Oops.

Iraqi police detain two British soldiers in Basra
“Two persons wearing Arab uniforms opened fire at a police station in Basra. A police patrol followed the attackers and captured them to discover they were two British soldiers,” an Interior Ministry source told Xinhua.

The two soldiers were using a civilian car packed with explosives, the source said…
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-09/19/content_3514065.htm

“Iraqi police recently caught two terrorists with a car full of explosives. Would it surprise you to learn they were British Special Forces?”
http://www.thesimon.com/magazine/articles/canon_fodder/0961_fake_terrorism_coalition_best_friend.html

I remember JTF posting this story a long time ago. He’s ahead of the curve on this one.

[quote]JeffR wrote:

JeffR

[/quote]

I wonder if that guy was who Lixy gets his orders from? I sure hope so, maybe Lixy will go silent for a while. Hearing him and the rest of Al Qaeda / San Fransisco cheering whenever something goes wrong for the USA gets really old.

JTF: let me get this straight. Neocons (a militant strand of liberal democrat in support for forced global change into liberal democracy and capitalism) aka the neo-Jacobins are running the show. The Zionists are getting just what they want: arabs killing arabs.

If this is so evident, why hasn’t the arab world united in peace to thwart “them?”

[quote]ChuckyT wrote:
JeffR wrote:

JeffR

I wonder if that guy was who Lixy gets his orders from? I sure hope so, maybe Lixy will go silent for a while. Hearing him and the rest of Al Qaeda / San Fransisco cheering whenever something goes wrong for the USA gets really old.[/quote]

One can only hope.

However, I think lixy’s on his own.

I have to think that two or more minds would produce better posts.

If lixy is taking orders and that is the best they can come up with, I’ve lost all faith in humanity.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
However, I’ll bet you a nickel she won’t want to be seen as soft = stay. [/quote]

Your problem’s right here. The US doesn’t seem to think with its brains in this war. All I hear are emotive calls of how “the enemy” might perceive you as weak and how you’re “bringing democracy” to the region. If you were rational for a second, you’d realize that ego is the only thing keeping you in Iraq. You talk about “the message a withdrawal will send to the terrorists” when in fact, there isn’t much you can do to discourage those already indoctrinated. The best you can hope for, is to limit the supply of future terrorists. And from the looks of it, you’re doing the exact opposite.

And how about sticking to the topic of the thread for once? Do you think you can do that?

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
Unfortunately lixy, things must REALLY be going to hell if this is “suddenly” worthy of the media’s attention. I first posted about this probably a year ago – thats precisely why I never bought into the “Iran arming the insurgency” bullshit. Why would they need to?

Between the 1/4 million small arms…

FEARS OVER SECRET U.S. ARMS SHIPMENT
10/05/2006
The 99-tonne cache of AK47s was to have been secretly flown out from a US base in Bosnia. But the four planeloads of arms have vanished.

Orders for the deal to go ahead were given by the US Department of Defense. But the work was contracted out via a complex web of private arms traders…

and the 400 tons of looted explosives…

A mess of missing ordnance
the disclosure that tons of advanced explosives had somehow vanished from an Iraqi weapons dump came as no surprise to David Kay…
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/041108/8weapons.htm

UN: 400 tons of Iraq explosives missing
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-10/26/content_385854.htm

and possibly several BILLION dollars…

Audit: U.S. lost track of $9 billion in Iraq funds
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.audit/

While people think this is all about incompetence, its NOT. This is part of the lunatic neocon strategy to destabilize Middle Eastern countries through civil wars. Just like Israel’s senseless pummeling of Lebanon – the only “strategy” was to create chaos.

When you say our “presence in Iraq only made Al-Qaeda stronger” – thats THE POINT. The war on terror has already increased terrorism sevenfold.

“Incompetence” implies failure – yet the neocons are achieving most of their “not so well publicized” stated goals.

My simplified analogy would be like, if they said PUBLICLY that they needed to drive from New York to California and through a series of missteps and blunders and “unforeseen” circumstances, they somehow ended up in South America. Of course all the talk everywhere was bewilderment and anger at their sheer incompetence EVERY step of the way.

But if anyone bothered to look at less public statements from the real planners of this “trip”, they just might be amazed to find that South America was their planned destination after all…

Neocons Advocate Civil War in Iraq as “Strategic” Policy

Iran ‘is training Basra killers’
The MoD said the new claims supported Tony Blair’s concerns of an Iran link.

Oops.

Iraqi police detain two British soldiers in Basra
“Two persons wearing Arab uniforms opened fire at a police station in Basra. A police patrol followed the attackers and captured them to discover they were two British soldiers,” an Interior Ministry source told Xinhua.

The two soldiers were using a civilian car packed with explosives, the source said…
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-09/19/content_3514065.htm

“Iraqi police recently caught two terrorists with a car full of explosives. Would it surprise you to learn they were British Special Forces?”
http://www.thesimon.com/magazine/articles/canon_fodder/0961_fake_terrorism_coalition_best_friend.html[/quote]

Reminiscent of the corruption free-for-all Vietnam became at the end, unbelievable quantities of weapons and supplies missing from storage areas.

…howcome the US military is giving away [russian/chinese] AK-47’s anyway? Or am i missing something?

[quote]lixy wrote:
JIf you were rational for a second, you’d realize that ego is the only thing keeping you in Iraq. [/quote]

I thought it was the neocons.

The Us military losing accountability of weapons is no news. Some “trusted” Iraqi general probably sold them. I am only speculating.

Lixy your right we wont leave because we will finish what we started. Our political obligation is beyond what we ever thought it could be. To leave now would be to take responsibility of everything that happens afterwards. Not going to happen

[quote]T-MIA wrote:
The Us military losing accountability of weapons is no news. Some “trusted” Iraqi general probably sold them. I am only speculating.
[/quote]

I’m sorry to constantly be citing 60 Minutes as a source, but I do catch it occasionally. There was a segment on there a few weeks back. . . The Iraqi government member who was in charge of arming the Iraqi military not only stole a ton of money, but also bought a lot of useless weapontry. He took the US for a ride and now is hiding out in some other country.

We should have had some better checks on where the money was being spent and where the weapons were going.

Same thing happened to the Mongols in Iraq many moons ago.

[quote]kroby wrote:
lixy wrote:
JIf you were rational for a second, you’d realize that ego is the only thing keeping you in Iraq.

I thought it was the neocons.[/quote]

It was addressed to JeffR. The guy’s main argument is that withdrawal would make the US look weak and be a PR stunt for Al-Qaeda.

In that context, if JeffR would drop the ego, there isn’t much left for him to support the murderous and costly war anymore.

[quote]lixy wrote:
The guy’s main argument is that withdrawal would make the US look weak and be a PR stunt for Al-Qaeda.
[/quote]

I can’t see how it wouldn’t be anything but a huge PR and recruiting tool for al-qaeda.

Gkhan thats not the half of it unfortunately.I wasn’t being vague by any means. I actually have some numbers and statisitics from Iraqi army US funds misappropriation…it is staggering. I can’t even comment further on it it just blows my mind

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
I can’t see how it wouldn’t be anything but a huge PR and recruiting tool for al-qaeda.[/quote]

Settle down.

If you withdraw from Iraq, you can bet that Ben Laden and co will drum it as the fall of the empire and claim it as a victory for their camp. There’s no going around that. It will happen. But it’ll be just another pathetic propaganda attempt as far as I’m concerned. Who the heck cares about what they say anyway? Don’t forget that at the same time, numerous militias and insurgents will claim that they drove you out of Iraq. Everyone will want the credit. But given Al-Qaeda is very small compared to, say the army of Al-Mahdi, it becomes clear that the former had little, if anything, to do with you leaving Iraq.

Now, think for a minute and dare tell me that invading Iraq wasn’t the best “PR and recruiting tool” for them. Nothing you can do will top that (well, unless you get Tancredo in power). If you get out of Iraq, they’ll have trouble recruiting because they won’t have a legitimate cause. Any way you put, you were the aggressors in Iraq and that’s what prompted a huge flow of combatants from all over the Arab/Islamic world.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Gkhan wrote:

Settle down.

If you withdraw from Iraq, you can bet that Ben Laden and co will drum it as the fall of the empire and claim it as a victory for their camp. There’s no going around that. It will happen. But it’ll be just another pathetic propaganda attempt as far as I’m concerned. Who the heck cares about what they say anyway? Don’t forget that at the same time, numerous militias and insurgents will claim that they drove you out of Iraq. Everyone will want the credit. But given Al-Qaeda is very small compared to, say the army of Al-Mahdi, it becomes clear that the former had little, if anything, to do with you leaving Iraq.

Now, think for a minute and dare tell me that invading Iraq wasn’t the best “PR and recruiting tool” for them. Nothing you can do will top that (well, unless you get Tancredo in power). If you get out of Iraq, they’ll have trouble recruiting because they won’t have a legitimate cause. Any way you put, you were the aggressors in Iraq and that’s what prompted a huge flow of combatants from all over the Arab/Islamic world.[/quote]

I’m settled. First off, yeah, I agree with you about Bin Laden. But won’t the propaganda embolden the terrorists to strike more US targets? You got that one wacko (who looks like some fool I used to work with) threatening our embassies, what makes you think they’ll suddenly go away once we pull out of Iraq? We drove 'um out of Afghanistan, they just re-grouped in Pakistan.

[quote]lixy wrote:
kroby wrote:
lixy wrote:
JIf you were rational for a second, you’d realize that ego is the only thing keeping you in Iraq.

I thought it was the neocons.

It was addressed to JeffR. The guy’s main argument is that withdrawal would make the US look weak and be a PR stunt for Al-Qaeda.

In that context, if JeffR would drop the ego, there isn’t much left for him to support the murderous and costly war anymore.[/quote]

Lixy,

I still can’t comprehend why you want to turn over Iraq to murdering terrorists. Do you have something against Iraqis? You say you’re a pacifist yet want Iraq to literally tear itself apart by us leaving.

You are making the same mistake many anti-US elements and libs make — that the world will be a peaceful Garden of Eden if only the ‘evil USA’ would stop policing it. 2 cents worth of common sense would show how fallacious that notion is. Hell, pick a classroom of schoolchildren and let the teacher leave for 10 minutes — yikes! Now imagine people like we have roaming the world now in that classroom — double yikes!

You should be lobbying your government to help FUND the USA’s noble attempt to help the people of Iraq.