1 Year of Progress; Goals for '09

[quote]sexy_animal wrote:
So, I guess I will be looking to restructure my workouts a little bit to build them around the major lifts.[/quote]

Absolutely, that program looks terrible. You do only pullups on back day, and no direct bicep work?

[quote]I want to start deadlifting real bad, but I don’t know how my knee will react to it, I have a torn meniscus that doesn’t respond well to certain types of movement.
[/quote]

Do rack pulls from above the knee.

Ah. Very informative. Thanks.

I am pretty sure you were not eating enough to sustain growth. If you ate 3500-4000kcals per day you would gain some more nice muscle mass.

It would help everyone if you posted up your diet. I appreciate that you may have no kept exact tabs on it but a sample however vague is always helpful.

Diet wise I am following the guidelines laid out by Tom Venuto’s Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle.

I don’t keep track of calories beoause I’m getting the results that I want, but here goes.

All meals have a lean protein in them.

I bracket my workout with 2 biggest meals of the day.

Basically the staple of my diet is cooked brown rice, chicken/turkey breast, and broccolli.

I try to eat 2 fruits a day.

The peripheral meals are usually; lowfat cottage cheese, or reduced fat ricotta, bananas, steak, etc.

I supplement with:

fish oil (10-12 mgs per day)
multivitamins
l-argenine
tribulus
garlic, and some other shit

No protein powders for me, don’t like 'em.

I weighted myself today and I’m 197lbs. I was 192lbs with a lot more bodyfat in the beginning of December.

I don’t know how this works, but I’m losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time.

So I think my diet is more than in check.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
You underestimate your height to size ratio. You also need to focus more on the weights, your can’t be a boxer and not be strong.[/quote]

Have you tried EVER lifting a sand bag? Not as neat as nicely polished weight.

He’s been lifting weights.

Good job. You follow your highest joy.

Love and peace.

Alright, it’s time to set some new goals!

Goal: get to 8% bodyfat at no less then 195lbs by February 2nd. Current bodyfat around 9.5% at 197lbs. February 2nd is my woman’s birthday, and I want to have a legitimate sixpack by then. I’ve been wanting a 6pack since I was 13, and this year I will have my wishN

Nutrition guideline: “The more you cook, the better you look.” 90% of my meals are going to be home cooked, based around lean protein and clean carbs and healthy fats.

Supplements:
Fish oil 10-12mgs daily
multivitamins
l-argenine
Tribulus
garlic

No Protein powders/shakes! I highly doubt the quality of protein powders out there and I really don’t know what half the ingredients that go into them are, so I will stay away.

Workout schedule:
Sun: steady state cardio 45 min
Mon: legs (squats + calf raises)
Tue: Chest/Back (incline db press, pullups)
Wed: Arms (chinups, tricep press, forearms) + 25 min HIIT cardio
THur: Shoulders (military press, horizontal pullups, shrugs) + 25 min HIIT cardio
Friday: Cardio (form to be decided)

Core workouts performed with each training session.

Progress picture will be posted on February 2nd.

Alright, here we go!

PS: I’m going to tweak the workouts and will eventually post an updated version. I’m kind of pressed for time, but I will look at the West Side For Skinny Bastards thing and make adjustments in the near future. I’m going to post the changes.

Functional Strength??

…when did some strength become UNfunctional!

Sport specific strength. Happy?

Please don’t knit pick.

First time I have seen anyone put garlic as a supplement…

It’s a damn good supplement. Very beneficial.

I know I eat it all the time…supplement Turmeric as well.

What does Turmeric do?

I’m learning to squat these days.

I haven’t even worked my way up to an unloaded bar yet.

I’m trying to get the form down. So I use goblet squats with a 45lbs plate to learn to squat deep.

I have a question about weight distribution. If I understand correctly, the majority of your weight should be on your heels, correct?

I’m wearing Chuck Taylor’s because they’re perfectly flat.