Why Attacks on Trump Don't Work

Do you believe that Trump supporters have a 101 grasp of statecraft and policy?

Self-determination can be practiced through learning the very basics of the political system one hopes to participate in and by demonstrating mastery of the rudimentary concepts underpinning American governance. Idiots who are can’t be bothered to do so (candidates and voters alike) shouldn’t subject the rest of us to their ignorance. The alternative is mob rule by those who know least. Trump wouldn’t be the GOP’s Frankenstein monster if civics were more emphasized.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious, but many below the age of 26 are wholly independent. Age qualification is less important than a demonstration that one has a rudimentary understanding of the political system that they wish to participate in. Potential drivers must become licensed. Those wishing to carry a concealed handgun must meet certain qualifications. Why shouldn’t voters electing public officials be required to do the same?

I wasn’t being completely serious, even though I do think the age to vote should not have been lowered to 18.

I completely understand what you are talking about. Voting is not defined as a right and therefore some type of minimum qualifications could be instituted. The problem is though, who gets to decide the qualifications?

I applaud that idea.

And just to note the occasion it is the first time I have ever agreed with you.

delete for now ok. Delete!

Sounds fantabulous, good luck fighting the activist groups when their constituents fail the so-called test required to vote.

1 Like

Passing a test to vote sounds great until you realize it will be the government writing the exam…

1 Like

Maybe go back to the days where you have to own property. No more people voting for redistributions :stuck_out_tongue:

How about you are not allowed to vote unless you pay taxes, that would disqualify half the country right there.

1 Like

These stipulations on voting are wild fantasies. Will never, ever, happen. Going to have to play with the cards that’ve already been dealt.

1 Like

I assume you mean Federal income tax? If you pump gas you pay taxes.

What if you’re a small business with a loss resulting in a tax liability of zero (or negative), do you not get to vote?

Seems quite obvious why he won’t release his tax returns. It would actually provide facts to his claims, something he doesn’t want.

I am talking about people who pay taxes in amounts that folds, not in amounts that jingle.

I am referring to people who don’t pay taxes because they don’t make shit, not from businesses who net a loss or break even.

So you’re okay with the government coming up with a bunch of stipulations to vote?

If you make less than about $40K you probably wouldn’t get to vote:

Lots of people aren’t going to get to vote.