Who Should Randy Fight Next?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I have to say that Tim Sylvia is about the last fighter I’d ever want to see fight again. I absolutely hate watching his fights. [/quote]

It depends on which Tim Sylvia you are talking about.

If you are talking about the timid sprawl-&-stall fighter who hides behind his long jab in order to protect his precious belt, I would agree.

If you are talking about the human wrecking ball who demolished the competition in SuperBrawl, Extreme Challenge, and his early UFC fights, then I disagree.

People forget that Sylvia used to be a ultra-aggressive brawler. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way he adopted the fighting style of his mentor, Pat ‘The Croatian Sedation’ Miletich, and became a super-conservative decision machine. The Sylvia who started his career 17-0 with only one decision bears almost no resemblance to the guy who has gone to a decision in four of his last five fights.

I am hoping that losing his precious belt will cause Tim to revert back to his earlier approach. I greatly enjoyed watching that version of Tim Sylvia.

^^^^

How come Pat Miletich is the “Croatian Sensation” when there exists a man named Mirko Filipovic?

[quote]Chewie wrote:
^^^^

How come Pat Miletich is the “Croatian Sensation” when there exists a man named Mirko Filipovic?[/quote]

You might want to re-read the previous post. The word ‘Sensation’ is nowhere to be found. Pat Miletich was a damn good fighter, but he was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Chewie wrote:
^^^^

How come Pat Miletich is the “Croatian Sensation” when there exists a man named Mirko Filipovic?

You might want to re-read the previous post. The word ‘Sensation’ is nowhere to be found. Pat Miletich was a damn good fighter, but he was about as exciting as watching paint dry.[/quote]

I agree with you there. I also saw what you wrote. I was just making a point.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Chewie wrote:
^^^^

You might want to re-read the previous post. The word ‘Sensation’ is nowhere to be found. Pat Miletich was a damn good fighter, but he was about as exciting as watching paint dry.[/quote]

I’ll take the paint. At least it finishes.