Want To Change From Clomid. Need Advice

TRT with concurrent hCG will maintain fertility.

Which estradiol test did you run? Almost certain you ran the wrong test giving you a false result. Check the last entries in my log to see what I’m talking about.

I’m actually a big fan of Clomid. I was on it for several months with zero negative sides commonly attributed to it. Clomid is so convenient, stimulates natural T production while preserving fertility, in my opinion it’s a great starting point before making a lifetime commitment to injections.

Well in my case I didn’t see positives like muscle or strength gain when on Clomid. In fact I felt weaker than usual and got tired more easily, was sweating excessively and a normal work out was almost too much. At one point I was thinking of quitting one training a week (I go twice) cause I just didn’t have the strength. It’s getting better now - but I don’t know if this is because I am off Clomid or if it is some late effect of Clomid. My bet is on the first option. There was a weird effect lately where it seemed like I am stronger than a few weeks ago (not stronger than before Clomid) but don’t have energy. And on Clomid I gained some weight, not much, but not muscle with no diet/work out changes.

I got to 17 FT by lifestyle changes but I don’t know whether it’s the mix that raised it or some factor was the most important. I eat better, practically don’t eat gluten, stay away from lactose for the most part (I’m lactose intolerant). I raised my vitamin D3 and zinc levels by supplementation, started working out with a personal trainer and I’m on T4 medication for my thyroid (Hashimoto’s).

But please don’t look at my experience as guidance - there may be differences in our body chemistry other than similarities you mentioned and you may have a different experience than mine if you decide to try out Clomid. I think it’s difficult to tell beforehand although I had my suspicions in my case due to SHBG.

1 Like

I have read that it should but also that it doesn’t work in all cases and I don’t want to take my chances before fathering at least one child.

Seems like you’re one of the lucky guys that feel good on Clomid. For me it felt bad, I’m not talking about numbers - if my estradiol was out of range but I felt great I probably wouldn’t focus on it too much. But I felt like crap on Clomid both physically and mentally. Worse than before taking it without doubt.

I looked at some of your recent posts and noticed that your SHBG is twice lower than mine - and as far as I understand this is one of the common success factors for Clomid - works much better in guys with lower SHBG. (I saw dr Saya write about it on another forum too.) I wouldn’t look for other options if it made me feel as good as you felt. My doc explained recently that it makes about 40% of men feel good, looks like you’re one of them, but unfortunately I think I’m not.

I don’t know which estradiol test I had done cause my labwork doesn’t specify it. I don’t know if there is more than one option available in my country. But thanks for the heads up! I will try to find out when I do my labs next time.

Good luck to you man!
my SHBG are almost half compared to yours
i’ll give it a try and let you guys know
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks! Good luck to you too! Let us know how it works for you.

What would be the standard dosage of hCG in monotherapy? With my SHBG between 35-40 what should be the injection protocol - how often?
What about Proviron dosage/protocol?

OK., so I have some more news. Doc said he doesn’t want to put me on hCG shots as a protocol. He wants to do a hCG trial. He also said he doesn’t want to include Proviron, at least for now because it is synthetic (and that maybe later it will turn out he includes it and that maybe it works for me) – but for now he wants to do the hCG trial because it will give him a lot of info as to why I feel fatigued, whether it’s due some free T issue, SHBG or some other aspect.

He prescribed me two vials of a synthethic brand Ovitrelle (1 vial is supposed to be 250mcg/0.5ml - circa 6500 UI of hCG). He told me to inject one vial into the fat on my stomach and then after 3 days do the same with the second vial. And then come to see him after a few days. How I feel after this test is supposed to be helpful for his further diagnostics of my case.

I haven’t read of such a test anywhere and have mixed thoughts about this.
Have any of you guys done this kind of thing and/or what is your reaction to this idea?

I read a little bit about pregnenolone and DHEA - is it worth trying those before doing the HCG stimulation test?

I wonder if my fatigue could be related to my body needing more of sth else, not just testosterone. Do you guys have some experience with pregnenolone and DHEA - did they help and if so in what way? Thanks!