Trump Fires Comey, Cites Clinton Missteps

Most people know what these terms mean and they’ve permeated everyday society. I’ve even seen national geographic do shows on this stuff.

Try again.

Because he has used them in these Trump-related threads to describe Trump’s political opposition. In short, I am not baiting him so much as highlighting the absurdity of applying these concepts in the present context.

1 Like

I hate this alpha/beta nonsense. Whoever coined the terms should be punched directly in the dick.

3 Likes

If you guys dont believe it has anything to do with Russia I got some real nice ocean front property for sale in Arizona

Explain how it’s absurd.

Whether you admit it or not this stuff shines through in everyday life. It’s the main perceived difference between say Trump and Jeb Bush NOT their policies.

This is farcical.

“But…but…they said they were our friends!”

3 Likes

Just like the race and iq stuff huh?

How do you trick a master of 4D chess?

6 Likes

The race and IQ garage that you peddle on here is nonsense, correct.

Sounds like someone here isn’t a T-man.

2 Likes

There are worse things in life. I could be 3x divorced for example.

2 Likes

It’s absurd because it’s nothing more than sophomoric musings by a small subset of unhappy males who would apply several highly pliant, ill-defined concepts to virtually every aspect of human social interaction. To my knowledge (which is admittedly very sparse), these concepts (as typically employed) have no support in the sociology literature.

Me and a bunch of scientists, some with Nobel Prizes in genetics

Cool story, bro.

Not at all, there are plenty of studies that show women respond to certain behavioural traits and men with high levels of these behavioural traits are seen as more sexually attractive. The alpha/beta concept is seen in animals as well.

In reality people feel upset by sociosexual hierarchy concept of alpha/beta because it applies the cold scalpel of biomechanics and utterly destroys their Disney like understanding of human courtship.

You and your sweetie didn’t just magically “fall in love”

While that may be true, if you’ll note I said that the absurdity arises when the “concepts [are applied to] virtually every aspect of human social interaction.”

I think what everyone’s commenting on is the USE of the phrases Alpha/Beta. Outside of animal watching, the main users of terms like Alpha/Beta are typically “bros.”

1 Like

I think people mostly use “beta” in the context to describe something nauseatingly/extremely beta. In the instance of Tom Brady, he literally didn’t go for his celebratory White House meeting because his wife didn’t want him to.

Is that confirmed by Tom Brady?

I don’t know who coined it, but a tribe of insecure, effete dweebs in the Manosphere are obsessed with it. And ironically, the ones obsessed with this concept are not six foot four linebacker-types making six figures and dating beautiful women - they are weenie keyboard jockeys living out of their daddies’ back pocket and who obsess over social media like tweens (ring a bell?).

It’s a silly concept, but if there be true Alphas, then said Alphas wouldn’t be talking about Alpha-ism all the damn day.

5 Likes