TRT: Protocol for Injections

If your HPTA cannot respond to a SERM, then a restart does not seem possible. Triptorelin seems like a distraction and might be unobtainium as well.

ā€œWith frequent injections the volumes are very small and one can inject in the quads [vastus lateralis] with #29 0.5ml 0.5ā€ [50iu] insulin syringes."
ā€œThese are slow to load but injection times are reasonable as the small plunger diameters create very high pressures. Do not use 1.0ml syringes.ā€

I recently started injecting in quads IM with #29 1.0ml 0.5 needles. why is 1.0ml syringes not recommended? I inject 100mg once a week.

thanks Mike

KSman,
I understand T propionate will provide more T per 100mg when compared to 100mg of T cypionate due to the ester.
But in terms of libido, will propionate cause a greater increase in libido or will cypionate, or is there no difference?
Thanks.

[quote]vwnesta wrote:
ā€œWith frequent injections the volumes are very small and one can inject in the quads [vastus lateralis] with #29 0.5ml 0.5ā€ [50iu] insulin syringes."
ā€œThese are slow to load but injection times are reasonable as the small plunger diameters create very high pressures. Do not use 1.0ml syringes.ā€

I recently started injecting in quads IM with #29 1.0ml 0.5 needles. why is 1.0ml syringes not recommended? I inject 100mg once a week.

thanks Mike [/quote]

I have injected IM in both thighs and in my glutes using 3 cc, 21 gauge, 1.5" needles. I have also used a 1cc, 29 gauge, 1/2" needle and injected in my deltoid. The problem I noted with the 1cc syringe is that it takes a lot of pressure to inject that oil. I went slow and I still felt an uncomfortable pressure build-up under the skin / in the muscle, too. It took me about a full minute to go slow and get the TC injected. It did not leave a nodule. It was not sore at all afterward and it was totally painless.

Didnā€™t even feel like a mosquito bite. When I have injected IM, it is much more intimidating burying that long needle. The injection goes in in a second or two. But I have felt some muscle soreness, like a deep bruise the following 2-3 days after injecting IM.

Just my 2 cents with my recent experience. I guess I am not familiar with .5 cc syringes, either. I would think they would be even narrower than 1 cc syringes but maybe Iā€™m wrong. Can someone clarify why a 0.5 cc syringe is better than 1 cc syringe?

Two requests re injection hydraulics: For a given pressure on a syringe plunger, the smaller the plunger diameter, the higher the pressure and the faster injection rate for a given needle. So a 1/2ml syringe will inject faster than a 1mg syringe.

I can inject 1/4 ml, 50mg in 5-10 seconds depending on how hard I press.

I tried injecting 1/2ml 5/16th 31 gauge and it worked better than expected. The shorter length compensates for the smaller gauge.

1 1/2" 23 gauge worked well for me in the beginning in terms of injection speed etc. But that is so stupid and for the gluts, risks major nerve damage if your technique is wrong once. That method was developed for injections by a nurse or doc; totally appropriate for self injections.

I read through this thread and didnā€™t find an answer, so I figured Iā€™d ask here. Iā€™m daily new to HRT and just switched to a smaller syringe. I have to be very careful about using every drop of test because Iā€™m currently on medicaid and they limit dosages (Iā€™m starting new job next week). So, my question is I notice some test still in the syringe after my shot. Can I re-use the syringe 3-4 days later for my next shot as long as I change out the needle?

The amount of T left in a insulin syringe is very small.
If there is a spec of air in the syringe, that will push out most of what is left, the air presents no danger.
You can load a .5ml syringe with .50ml and inject 1/3rd of that [0.143ml] 3 times for 100mg/week then toss the syringe.
I would never take a used syringe back to a vial and introduce a route of contamination to the while vial.

Whatever you do, if needle losses meant that you only got 99mg if your 100mg dose, it would not really matter.

BTW, you can also inject with a 0.5mk 5/16" 31 gauge insulin needle. It is slower to inject that the 1/2" 29 gauge. [Time to fill? I hang the needle from the vial and walk away to fill my hCG syringe and the T syringe is filled when I come back later.]

Thanks a lot KS! Amazing thread! Just getting into TRT, did 2 successive blood-tests, both showed low test.
1.9ng (3-10 normal range)
3.1ng

Two questions:

1. How could ā€œbackloadingā€ of syringes as well as loading ahead of time and even overfilling a syringe and using the same syringe for 3 injections be sanitary? Isnā€™t it extremely important to everything sterile?
  2. When using ed injects, would using Testosterone Suspension instead of cyp be feasible? My guess is that would absorb better and my dumb skin is somewhat sensitive in regards to ingrown hairs that abscessā€¦ Just wanna minimize the risksā€¦
    Seeing as subQ injections should slow release by at least 3 times compared to IM, is there any reasons why that wouldnā€™t work?

Thinking of injecting about 7mg - 13mg Test-Susp to start with (need to calculate more to narrow down moreā€¦)

Testosterone suspension is a very painful injection and probably not avail as a pharma Rx, but could be compounded.

As per my instructions here, you inject then swab the needle then recap. Note that your skin is never sterile when you swab with an alcohol prep pad. Your immune system takes this in stride.

I have never suggested back filling a syringe. That is nuts.

I have advocated EOD SC injections for years, you need to read more.

Forget the suspension, there is really no need or advantage.

Question about Im injections on al . Hereā€™s my story

So Iā€™ve been on trt for about 4 months now (200mg test cyp per week ) also take hcg 3x a week to maintain fertility .

My doc told me with a trt dose some guys may not need an AI , but he wanted to try me on .25mg of Adex a week .

Iā€™ve been taking Adex now for prob 3 months , and just this last week I ended up tripling my dose - I basically took a full pill as the next day After my t shot I noticed some bloating . I am now extremely regretting this . About 2 days after taking this I lost all - I mean I have absolutely no libido , my erections arenā€™t even 50 % of what they normally are , and probably the worst sides Iā€™ve has is the psychological effects - brain fog , anxiety , dull emotion / feeling , insomnia .

I feel like my whole body / personality is changing which is adding to my anxiety , but everyone keeps assuring me my e2 will come back and my body will end up balancing it self . Itā€™s been about 10 days since I crashed my e2 and donā€™t really feel any better .

Last test e2 was 10.7 - which ive been told by several people is extremely low . My question is has anyone else felt these sides ? Especially the mental ones ? If so how long to return to normal and how long for e levels to come back ?

I am a newbie and have been lurking until I received my labs. No doubt I am low on T. The nurse actually told me my T was level good. I am seeing a Urologist and I feel this is a learning curve for him so I do not know how open he will be to this protocol we will see. I did give him the protocol info from here.There is an abundance of info spread out on T nation and I am VERY thankful for this site. I was hoping that someone here with experience or KSman may look over my (LabCorp) labs for me. The following is all he did. I am wondering if there should be more lab work done before TRT takes place. I have been experiencing some ED which led to this.

51 Years old Ranges per LabCorp

Testosterone, Serum 362 ng/dl 348 - 1197 Low In May last year 8 months ago I tested 524 Total Testosterone
Testosterone, Free 10.10 ng/dl 5.00 - 21.00 Lower 1/3
% Free Testosterone 2.79% 1.5% - 4.20%
LH 2.1 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6 Lower end
FSH 3.4 mIU/mL 1.5 - 12.4 lower end
Sensitive Estradiol pg/mL 7 3-70 Lower end good I guess?
SHBG 22.1 nmol/L 19.3 - 76.4 Lower End

Thanks again for your input.

I have been all over looking for an intelligent site and then I discovered this site. Absolutely amazing. I have been lurking into ā€œThe Nationā€ since I felt that I had low T especially over the past 3 years as I approached 50. I have finally joined this site and although I cannot contribute much on TRT side since most of what I and my Dr now knowā€¦are from this site. But I joined because here b/c there are other areas of medications that I have seen appear here from time to time that I can offer personal knowledge from my own experiences. I have just started test cyp and have followed the directions to the sticky regarding TRT supplementation to a ā€œTā€. :slight_smile:

Thx guys and a special thanks to the ā€˜Kā€™ manā€¦I donā€™t know if youā€™re a doctor or a high school drop out; personally I donā€™t care. I thank you for your input and educational approach to what seemed a daunting task in the beginning. My life has been improving depression dissipating and my vigor for life is coming alive again. Thanks to all.

Just so Iā€™m clear, you can inject T Cyp via SC injection? My dose is 1 mL of T cyp 200mg 1x a week, which I inject once every 6 days via IM. I hate giving IM injections because they hurt like hell, if I could use my hCG needles that would be a God-send.

[quote]digicon wrote:
Just so Iā€™m clear, you can inject T Cyp via SC injection? My dose is 1 mL of T cyp 200mg 1x a week, which I inject once every 6 days via IM. I hate giving IM injections because they hurt like hell, if I could use my hCG needles that would be a God-send. [/quote]

-Jim

[quote]Rfarrell86 wrote:
Last test e2 was 10.7 - which ive been told by several people is extremely low . My question is has anyone else felt these sides ? Especially the mental ones ? If so how long to return to normal and how long for e levels to come back ?[/quote]

Dudeā€¦ you donā€™t mess with AI doses like that. You canā€™t just triple things because you feel like it. It will come back to normal over time. Its good that you are feeling the side effects of low E, so you donā€™t do it again next time.

-Jim

This is great info. Thanks KSman! My doc wants to give me 200mg injections every 2 weeks. This info should help me convince him to let me self inject frequently.

Newb here. When you say "*100mg test cypionate or ethanate injected per week with two or more injections per week. " is it possible to use product called testosteron depo by galenika which is testosterone enanthate. Sorry for newb question and thanks in advance for answer

Brent-what is the cost of HGH per month?

[quote]brentf13 wrote:
HGH totally returned my sexual function within 2 months. Itā€™s been amazing. Combined with TRT it will make you as good as new. I just recently added Stablon back in and itā€™s a great drug. Itā€™s a crime that it was never submitted for FDA approval.

If you try TRT and still have libido and function issues HGH will clear it right up. The problem is getting it. Doctors act like itā€™s black magic. [/quote]

Brent-what is the monthly cost for HGH? Which one do you recommend?

Just found this site, didnā€™t realize there was such good info readily available.

FWIW, I have been injecting .5 ML of Testosterone Cypionate 200 IM weekly for probably 24 months or so now.

I have been using a 23 ga 1" needle and injecting IM ventrogluteal.

Absolutely pain free and easy to do, for me anyhow.

A little hard to locate the site to stick yourself.

If you research it, there are fewer blood vessels and nerves there, it is considered by some of the more progressive nursing schools to be the safest place for IM injections.

Caveats - a one inch needle is on the short side if you have much fat there.

Also, you need to be sure you donā€™t hit bone(greater Trochanter or Iliac crest.)

To locate - have someone place the palm of their hand over the greater trochanter and spread their fingertips along the iliac crest, and put a mark between first and second finger V as indicated in the attached pics.

Cannot locate by yourself (initially) need help until you become familiar with the spot. My Daughter in Law is a former massage therapist and marked me with felt-tip pen, I took pics of the location and referred to them until I got comfortable finding it on my own.

Easy for even someone that is 68 to reach. Canā€™t reach it to pull back the syringe (aspirate) and some references indicated that is not necessary for ventrogluteal. My wife wonā€™t stick me but will pull back the syringe and depress the plunger. If sheā€™s not around, I just do it without aspirating.

Have never pulled any blood back in close to 100 shots now, so probably wonā€™t. That doesnā€™t mean you will not. I only started aspirating when the nurse at Drā€™s office commented she had pulled back blood in places she should not have.

If you are having trouble with IM injections, and have not considered this location I suggest you try it.

Itā€™s working great for me. Might not for you, but it may be something worth looking into.

YMMV