TRT Hasn't Worked for 2 Years. Help?

Several years ago my urologist prescribed cabergoline. Didn’t help me. Made me a bit hypomanic(I have bipolar illness) and messed up my already lousy sleep but I’m fortunate to have a urologist who keeps trying.

I remember you found some improvements in libido and erectile function at 300 mg every two weeks. Some of us are truly outliers. Some need tiny daily doses, some need 200 to 300 weekly or split E3.5 days or EOD or bi weekly or every ten days.

Just found your post with test prop dosage. Ignore my question about dosage. Thanks. Glad to hear it’s working.

Not to sound rude, but have you tried just the scrotal t cream on its own after the ester has washed out? In other words waiting four to six weeks for the ester to clear then apply t cream scrotally once or twice daily? Stop using all that ancillary crap like hcg and aromasin. You’re introducing chemicals that the body does not normally make, and you’re wondering why you have problems.

I have more functional erections with natural low t than I do with testosterone enanthate, almost like it messes up my system. Let us know if anything works out for you. Best of luck.

Same here.

Why did i feel sex drive with low T as opposed to being on TRT? Why does this only happen to some guys? Why do some get great sex drive with TRT?

Wish we could do a poll and compare libido response on TRT between Primary hypo guys and Secondary. That MAY rule with this is a pituitary issue or a testicle issue.

My issue is for sure testicular, I will produce very high levels of LH and FSH with a maybe 300 ng/dL total test level. That I do know. Regardless I usually feel pretty terrible but I can at least get decent erections and whatnot. On test it’s like instant problems.

Interesting.

My hypothesis was that non existence libido is more prevalent in secondary guys than primary.

You are taking a tiny dose man. Starting at 80 will take you 2 years. why are you so scared of T?

You aren’t going to just keel over and die on 200mg of CYP.

You can always lower the dose later. Stop taking an AI. Stop the HCG. Just take TRT.

Try 150mg or 200mg a week. .i would take 200 a week and lower the dose to see if 175 or 180 works.

You might have sensitvity nipples and a little water retention. maybe small aches and pains… nothing like having low t, and nothing you canot wait out. After some time, these will go away if you dont mess with your dose.

Just dont complain about any symotoms for the first 2-3 months or 4 even and let the T do its job.

The problem here is your tiny dose. Something that is half or less than what most people take. And don’t take suggestions from people who haven’t figured out their own TRT yet.

You are a man. Your body need T. Stop teasing it with toddler doses bro.

Another masterpiece @enackers. Congratulations.

FYI:

Toddler doses indeed. For every one of me on a forum there are many of you. Sad.

:cry:

This doesnt make sense tareload. The guy is complaining about not benefiting from his TRT. He is on a dose that majority of men on TRT would never take, nor recomend to a friend starting on TRT.

80mg is nothing. its a toddler dose …

if a man is not benefiting from trt, you look at many reasons why… one could be high SHB = low amounts of Free t = low dht/e.

Other men might have other issues like diet and obesity and just wont realize the benefits until hey clean their act up.

Then you have many who are simply not taking enough T, and were talking about a galringly obviously low dose of T not being effective here.

So please explain how you think 80mg is enough, and the guy should not just bump it up to the average dose most experienced TRT doctors would dose their patents with?

Defy. Dr. Nichols. and a few others i know of start their patients around 150 to 200mg.

This is the most obvous fix this man could pursue, instead of wasting his time trying to fix everything else.

Unless he has an SHBG of 1.

GTFOH with this.

Not everyone needs 200mg a week bro. Just stop. Not everyone is like you.

You consistently lump everyone into the same basket. It was nice when you weren’t posting here.

And like @tareload points it this dude is dangerous considering he is a no AI preacher. So just shoot up all the T possible and call it a day don’t even worry about E2 or controlling it.

Enackers aka Dr tard Nichols at it again with his 200mg a week No ai brah dont be beta! :joy:

@roscoe88 as discussed previously, I have decided to trial coming off TRT to see if this is causing more issues than its solving. I know this may not be the right move, and understand I may very well jump back on in 3 to 6 months, however having a dead johnson for the past 3 years has just been too much. Ill keep you up to date with any progress and let you know how I get on

1 Like

Defy does not start everyone at 150 to 200 mg a week. I use Defy my starting dose was 90 mg with the option after a few more weeks of going to 120 mg.

I am currently at 90 mg after two months. I was given the option of even starting lower due to past issues and I did. I started in the 70 mg range.

I’m actually surprised to hear that. Everyone I know including myself who uses defy was started at 140+. My friend just signed up there. He’s been self administering 120mg per week for years and feels great, just wanted a legit script. They were trying to get him to increase the dose. Maybe because you mentioned the past issues.

FWIW, here’s some data from an actual TRT provider regarding dosing for different clients. I haven’t made a heat/cluster map or anything, but you could look this over and see that most seem to perfer higher doses. Perhaps Defy has seen enough patients to want to cut to the chase?
(My provider started me at 180mg/wk - I was straight forward with my request saying I wanted easier, legal, gains and improved quality of life)

2 Likes

Oh yeah thanks - I’m well aware and have referred this chart to people quite a few times. That’s kind of the point I was making, although it was weird that my friend said they were pushing him towards higher dosing even though he said he felt great on 120.

1 Like

Maybe over time I will end up higher but at the moment I am having a decent response to 90 mg. I am giving it time and want to go slow. I could care less about gym gains but I can say that I have gained about 5 pounds of muscle in the two months and my workouts are very enjoyable. I train almost everyday in one thing or another. I do have low SHBG but Defy was very flexible with me and I appreciated that. The university medical center I visited just wanted to do pellets said i couldn’t inject myself with insulin syringes because it was too thick. We all know this is not true. Defy was a breath of fresh air and getting to talk to a doctor that had experience. It is cheaper than doing compounded cream for me too.