To look like a Demigod (Aldebaran)

Oh yeah, I wasn’t saying they caused shin bleeding, more just curious if it was a regular practice for you in general. I’ve done it on accident before and always kick myself for it, haha. I slide them down like simo was talking about, since I warm up with the sleeves on but hit main work with them down. Exceptions are on side handle pulls, like trap bar or car deadlift.

1 Like

Or just buy yourself some long deadlift socks.

I’ve got deadlift socks (sbd) but use a pair of old sleeves over them every time, I’ve not even got sharp knurling but still get torn up with socks.

@aldebaran if you don’t want to buy a new pair of sbds, how about a cheap set of crap/budget sleeves?

1 Like

I have deadlift socks, if you are someone that scrapes to that extent they will not help you - especially not if you don’t first let the scabs heal. Sidenote, if you bleed in the socks you should not use them again until after having cleaned them.

Knee sleeves work well enough

Shinguards/rock guards are muy bueno but costly and take more effort getting on and off.

And if all else fails, trap-bar!

I had to pull out the ol’ deadlifting socks from when I used to compete. I’d come home twice a week with shins exactly like you and the girlfriend had eventually had enough LOL. She doesn’t give a shit what I do at the gym, so long as I don’t come home a bloody mess, so I figured it was a fair compromise lmao.

I used to bleed through my sweatpants so I don’t think socks will help that much ahahah

@everybodygetsone well I put a bit of blood on my pants so yikes. But I try to clean my shins as much as I can, and I don’t have a girl anyway ahah

I use a pair of bmx socks [quote=“aldebaran, post:1166, topic:260532”]
used to bleed through my sweatpants so I don’t think socks will help that much ahahah
[/quote]

The socks I have, are bmx socks and have built in pads at the front. To bleed through those you would have to go along them with a chainsaw

1 Like

Sounds like a more badass version of my rockguards

Lock up your daughters !!

Looking sexy mate

1 Like

Thanks mate! I think I’m fine there and will pass winter at this level so that I don’t have to lose too much come spring, and I can perform optimally to reach my goals. Not super lean but I feel strong as a brick wall! Strong points popping out as always, shoulders and back. Arms look meh when I diet down though. A bit over 87 here

Yesterday did some work

A1. 10 pull-ups
A2. 20 wall balls with 10 kg
A3. 30 push-ups
A4. 40 lunges

3 rounds

B1. 15 Band good mornings with 70 kgs
B2. Many crunches

3 rounds

Waaaas soooo sore especially the quads. Ate lots of garbage yesterday and today (4 times mcdonalds) feeling a bit guilty ahah

7 Likes

Jacked 31 - Day 4 - 19/10

A. Front squat with 6 secs eccentric 5 x 4 with 90 kgs

B. Incline bench press with 6 secs eccentric 4 reps with 70, 70, 75, 75, 70 kgs

C. RDLs with 6 secs eccentric 5 x 4 with 140 kgs

D. Pull-ups with 6 secs eccentric 5 x 4

E1. Reverse grip EZ bar curls with double contraction, 3 x 8 - 5 reps with 20 - 25 kgs

E2. V-bar pressdown with double contraction, 3 x 8 - 6 with 28 - 35 kgs

So, front squats felt easier than last time, even though still hard. But even when I was slowing down on the eccentric or slightly bending I was confident in my technique and strength.

Incline felt particularly easier so I bumped up. But I really didn’t waited enough before set 4. So I dropped the weight after. Should have probably stayed at 70. I have to be more patient and wait the next week before increasing. i want to run before I walk.

RDLs super hard, even more since I have to do the first rep from the floor. I was tight but for real last set was RPE 10.

Pull-ups were meh. Good form, had to lower a bit faster actually because I was lowering more than 6 secs. But elbow still cranky. Not much time this time but I could feel my trap contracting and shoulder getting out of position to cover for the elbow, so I had to focus extra. Left grip was also way weaker so at the last rep I was bending on my right side… This is really annoying, I don’t relaly know what to do. I have stayed out of supinated work, no arm work and then only reverse grip which don’t hurt, but pffff… I’ll be extra conservative with my future back work. But I had a really great lats pump though!

Arms had a good feeling, with the pump, arms and forearms looking really big and hard, like a strongman (tiny Big Z), probably all the holding stuff and reverse grip work ahahah

Left home at 7, came back at 8:30pm, and this is everyday. Plus the training at school (I think I have two sessions tomorrow) so I HAVE to be more conservative when training, and lowering the RPE. Even more since I maxed out and did PRs last week. Otherwise I’ll just burn out. I’ll go easier on the next days this week.

Next week, 6 x 3 with 5 secs eccentric. I’ll go with 95 squat, 75 incline, 140 for RDL and unilateral work for back

2 Likes

Try straps on the pull-ups and see if it still aggravates your elbow

1 Like

Can you use public transport and nap during your commute?

1 Like

On the back of @Voxel post, what does your actual week look like, if you don’t mind sharing? Plenty of people on here with experience dealing with stress and restrictive schedules, I’m sure we can come up with some really specific, easy wins for you.

1 Like

Thank you guys! @Voxel no I am driving, and also I am a terrible sleeper, I can’t sleep without optimal conditions ahah. I don’t want to take the train and tram because it would take even more time, and you know about France, SNCF and strikes, especially during Covid. I did it for years, not anymore.

Monday to friday I leave home at 7 am to go to school, coming back home at around 5:15 pm. Then 3 evenings per week I go to Nîmes to train, coming back at around 9 pm or a bit before, then I cook, shower and go to bed. 1-2 other evenings per week I’ll work 6 pm to 9:30 pm.

On the weekend I work 7:30 am to 6 pm, then on the evening I study and do my homework

That looks full, but not at all unmanageable.

If i read that correctly you’re out of the house from 7am - 9/9:30pm on weekdays, 7:30 - 6pm weekends, yes? Do you have any other demands on your time while at home, other than homework? What kind of homework is it? What kind of time does it need?

Yes, not unnmanageable, certainly not worse than having kids ahah. but I’m used to half the work, no commutes, no homework and still being tired ahaha. Now I’m tired all the time, like on the drive home I feel bad ahah.

Homework is very random. they expect a lot, the establishment has a reputation of excellence, and I want to do good. First assignement, which wasn’t even corrected, took me 8 hours lol. But usually not super long. A lot to learn though, especially in anatomy.

Then well chores, honestly I do as little as I can right now, my sister is home unemployed so ahah

Most annoying is probably not having any time to relax or unwind. No time to video game or see friends, no more social life when I used to go out all days. Also annoying when you’re a young man lacking cuddles, sex and love while my hormones are raging ahahah

I’ll think I’ll get used to it. But like right now I just went home, I have to cook my meal for right now, then the one for tomorrow noon. Honestly I just don’t want to cook twice ahah I just want to give up for tonight and buy something at the boulangerie tomorrow noon

1 Like

20/10
Yesterday, 2h of snatch practice. Not heavy as I stayed 0-40 kgs but dozens of sets. i have figured out what was wrong, now I need to work this technique. Today my wholde body, especially my hips and legs are trashed

Jacked 31 - Day 5 - 21/10

A. Zercher squat with 4 secs hold at mid-range 1 x 4 with 90, 4 x 4 with 100 kgs

B. Military press with 4 secs hold at mid-range 5 x 4 with 50, 55, 60, 55, 55 kgs

C. RDLs 4 secs hold at top with 50 kgs of bands, 2 x 4 with 140 kgs, 2 x 4 with 160, 1 x 5 with 160

D. Machine row with 4 secs hold at top contraction 2 x 4 with 45kgs, 3 x 4 with 52 kgs

So, Zercher felt way easier than last time. 100 was good, good form, not too hard. Same for press, so I went up to 60. Then I decided to be conservative and drop to 55. 60 I could have done it yeah, but most likely RPE 10 or a bit below so.

But I got greedy on the RDL. The two sets at 140 felt so easy and fast, no belt whatever. I filmed the last set, which I actually did 5 reps (last 3 reps shown,) and I think the set before I did it as well, because I miscounted…

As you can see, my upper back is not holding up, and it has repercussion on my lower back. I can feel it hard to strain and work extra now. It’s like my hips and lower back have no problemo, but upper-back can’t hold. Maybe I want to be too fast? Because it’s not ultra slow like my all out regular deads. Certainly not tight enough? But I’m reallly trying as hard as I can. So I think two things:

1. It’s not because a lift feels “easy” it is, or that i’m doing it right

2. I probably have trained too hard, and for too long because I feel like if I don’t feel like dying after a set I’m not doing enough. Hence my changes in weight.

So I think next week no more than 140kgs even though it will be sets of 3 with 3 secs, and focus on being tight as fuck. Friday I’ll probably skip dead altogether or do light technique work.

I’m mean i’m an idiot. I maxed out twice on deads last week (+ squats…), 2 hours of snatch yesterday… Tomorrow 2 km row tests among other delicacies ahahah… and I still want to do more, once I’m there in the gym. I have to refrain more. It’s strength and performance training. Quality before quantity

Yeah, as you can see from my bloody upper thighs, lots of snatches :joy:
Told you I have extra sensitive skin…

1 Like

Today 2000m row, I did 7:14. Disappointing, but to my defense, I had no warm-up (3 mins bike 20 mins prior lol) and was horribly sore from yesterday and monday. I need to improve my cardio. Second wake-up call. So I think my focus should be:

1. Stop doing hinges too heavy with a compromised back, and improve upper back and posture

2. Do cardio

3. Do abs

I think if my “trunk” is solid, then my “branches” will be able to grow. Abs and general core have been slowing me down for years. cardio will be always useful, the heart is the most important muscle after all right? And I’ll be able to do my strength/bb work more easily.

Think I’m ina good place for that. I have no worries being no volume/without isolation, lower overall resistance training volume without fear of losing muscle/strength so let’s use this lower volume/intensity (if I stop doing bullshit) to focus on the long term instead of a nice pump

1 Like

Living the dream.

4 Likes