To HRT or Not to HRT

I have been recently tested for my testosterone levels and came up with 15.9 nmol/L (or about 450 ng/dL) low normal according to my physician. My SBHG (I think it’s called) was about 50, giving me a free androgen index of about 30. I didn’t have any other tests done, like estrogen etc. This is all from memory, I don’t have the results in front of me, but it should be fairly accurate.

I have a few of the textbook symptoms of low test - lethargy/lack of energy, some difficulty sleeping, etc. but not all of them, and not with any extreme severity. I’m also quite young (38).

So the question is, with borderline test results, and only minor symptoms, should I start HRT, a treatment that I’d be on for the next 40 years (god willing). Or am I better off trying to put it off for the next 5-10 years?

On a related note, injections and pills (andriol I believe it’s called - the stuff that’s absorbed through the lymphatic system) are covered by my provincial drug plan, cream and patch aren’t.

What’s the best delivery mechanism to start with if I decide to go ahead, given that androgel, the stuff that most people seem to start out with, is gonna be a lot more pricey than the injections or pills.