Time For Strategic Redeployment

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
You mean deathsquats. How did that work out for the UK?[/quote]

I know I usually decry the right wingers as drinking the kool-aid at times, but I think you’ve been a little heavy into it yourself…

Strange that almost every time I type it I hit the typo “kook-aid” and have to “correct” it.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
semper_fi wrote:
you mean american guerillas vs iraqi guerillas? Has that ever been done before?

Yup, although not by us. Read a couple of the books by Frank Kitson, British soldier who served in Kenya and Northern Ireland, on “counter-gangs.”

You mean deathsquats. How did that work out for the UK?[/quote]

I did deathsquats once. Nearly killed me but my legs grew.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I did deathsquats once. Nearly killed me but my legs grew.[/quote]

Milk and deathsquats?

The Taliban was actually quite effective at reducing the Heroin trade. They have the same moral opposition to drug money as any other conservative organization. This suggests to me that the current government doesn’t have the same control as did the Taliban. I don’t intend defend the Taliban, but it does seems that the US is not in control of Afghanistan, since we cannot fight heroin as well as the Taliban did. I feel that we need to get Afghanistan right & wish that we had focused our attentions there rather than in Iraq. If we redeploy to get Afghanistan right, we are not ‘cuttring and running’, we are focussing on the truer threat to the US.

[quote]run_longer wrote:
The Taliban was actually quite effective at reducing the Heroin trade. They have the same moral opposition to drug money as any other conservative organization. This suggests to me that the current government doesn’t have the same control as did the Taliban. I don’t intend defend the Taliban, but it does seems that the US is not in control of Afghanistan, since we cannot fight heroin as well as the Taliban did. I feel that we need to get Afghanistan right & wish that we had focused our attentions there rather than in Iraq. If we redeploy to get Afghanistan right, we are not ‘cuttring and running’, we are focussing on the truer threat to the US.[/quote]

That is not true about the Taliban and the opium trade. The Taliban stockpiled and sold the stuff on a grand scale.

They only destroyed their competitors stockpiles to drive up the price.

The idea that at this point in time Afghanistan is a bigger threat than Iraq is false. Any lawless Islamic country is a potential threat to the US.

[quote]hedo wrote:
vroom wrote:

For example if they threaten to shut down the strait we blockade imports and exports. It will hurt short term but Iran cannot be ignored forever.

[/quote]

Yeah, then we can drop the bomb on China.

[quote]Skystud wrote:

Yeah, then we can drop the bomb on China.[/quote]

I’ve said this many times but war with China will come sometime this century. They know it and are doing their best to prepare for it.

uh, dude. I was joking. Are you guys serious? Come on. Ha ha hahah aha ahahaha hahahah a h ah Let the official Pointdexters and Westmorlands handle this stuff. Ha hahahahah

[quote]Skystud wrote:
hedo wrote:
vroom wrote:

For example if they threaten to shut down the strait we blockade imports and exports. It will hurt short term but Iran cannot be ignored forever.

Yeah, then we can drop the bomb on China.[/quote]

I suppose you could but blockades are effective against economies such as Iran and China who depend on imports and exports to survive.

Blockades are traditionally interpreted as an act of war.

Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do them when needed, but don’t be surprised if it provokes things…

[quote]hedo wrote:
Skystud wrote:
hedo wrote:
vroom wrote:

I suppose you could but blockades are effective against economies such as Iran and China who depend on imports and exports to survive.

[/quote]

That would be funny as hell. Would we blockade Shanghai and Guangzhou to prevent the Chinese from exporting their crap to us? Why not just boycott Wal-Mart instead?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
hedo wrote:
Skystud wrote:
hedo wrote:
vroom wrote:

That would be funny as hell. Would we blockade Shanghai and Guangzhou to prevent the Chinese from exporting their crap to us? Why not just boycott Wal-Mart instead?[/quote]

I’m not calling for it. Just joining in on the sarcasm.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Into Afghanistan.

• Turn over security of Iraq to the Iraqi’s, but stay close and able to lend aid if and as needed.

• Crush the recent upstart in Taliban activity.

• Deal a huge blow to the heroin trade.

• Provide a serious ready and credible threat to Iran (as the troops would not be dug in and committed as they are now).[/quote]

Done fuck with the heroin trade. It’s the only decent thing that comes out of that region. We damn sure don’t want their smell hairy bitches. The yneed the heroin to make them pretty.