Tight Adductors? Tight Groin?

Hard for me to say without giving a hands on eval and personally assessing you, but the general recommendations throughout the pots are pretty good. I’d probably go for a lot of soft tissue corrective work, making sure to release all of the restrictions within the muscle belly/tendons. Also, I’m assuming here without evaluating you, but you probably have poor overall hip mobility, poor gluteal activation/endurance/strength, etc. I would look at correcting your mobility deficits and addressing gluteal strength/endurance and activation patterns (single leg RDLs, bridges, clam shells, x-band walks, reverse hypers, etc).

[quote]LevelHeaded wrote:
Hard for me to say without giving a hands on eval and personally assessing you, but the general recommendations throughout the pots are pretty good. I’d probably go for a lot of soft tissue corrective work, making sure to release all of the restrictions within the muscle belly/tendons. Also, I’m assuming here without evaluating you, but you probably have poor overall hip mobility, poor gluteal activation/endurance/strength, etc. I would look at correcting your mobility deficits and addressing gluteal strength/endurance and activation patterns (single leg RDLs, bridges, clam shells, x-band walks, reverse hypers, etc).[/quote]

Thanks buddy.
Before my injury I was doing heaps of hip mobility work and glute activation drills, and hence this is why I am very dissapointed I got injured.
So it is ok to deep tissue massage the injured area?

tweet

I’m not a fan of a vague “deep tissue” work session. Some more focused aggressive soft tissue and fascial work (MFR, ART, etc) may be beneficial depending on what phase of recovery/healing you are in.

[quote]LevelHeaded wrote:
I’m not a fan of a vague “deep tissue” work session. Some more focused aggressive soft tissue and fascial work (MFR, ART, etc) may be beneficial depending on what phase of recovery/healing you are in.[/quote]

Ok, I will look into it. Unfortunately here in Australia we do not have many ART practioners.

tweet

End of an era??

After intense internet searching I have “google-diagnosed” myself with a “sports hernia”. According to literature these can be very difficult to treat and often surgery is required, but is not that often succesful.

Can someone tell me if I am over-reacting here? It has been 12 days since I have stopped activity. Very slight improvement but still tender and sore when squeezing my legs together. Has anyone encountered such a injury as this?

Could this be the end of theBird???

tweet

INJURY UPDATE!!

Well it has been 5 days since my last report, and Im happy to say things have improved. The pain is much less and is more localised in the right groin. Fingers crossed, with another 1-2 weeks of rest I will be ready to go!

I am still seeing the physio, even though Im not sure if her little rubby dubbies and 3 minute ultrasounds are doing much good. Although she has given me some good ideas for doing some light band exercises to help with my rehab. Ill start that tomorrow.

I had also visited my GP, in hope for some scans such as MRI and ultrasound to check for tears and hernia etc. The GP just looked at me with a blank face and told me to rest until things gets better. I tried to explain my concerns regarding oseitis pubis and sports hernia, but he just said the initial treatment is all the same, and that is to rest up to 12 weeks! I dont think these medical people understand us T-people… if I cant squat, then I dont want to wake up in the morning!

tweet tweet