The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

As I understand it, the two others alleged he was a boor, but that he had not harassed them. However, as for Hill, I grant you that the FBI leak is a categorical difference, and will caveat the comparison as such.

At any point does that dinosaur address the question of what if the allegations are true? Or does he just ramble on about the timing?

The only man in the world to chew his verbal cud with more reflection and reverence for the dimensions of its flavor than McConnell is Elijah Cummings.

I think it’s going to backfire in a myriad of ways… Fienstien sat on these allegations for 6 weeks, nary a peep in all the preliminary hearings, the background checks and hearings, etc. She’s the criminal here. If you have information that a judge that could be on the SCUTUS is a potential sexual predator, you get that into the mix ASAP. Not hang on until the end when he’s almost confirmed.
This weaponization of metoo is going to end up killing the movement. If by mere accusation, a woman can destroy you no matter the incident nor the time past since and no evidence is required, we are entering scary territory. It can happen to me or you. Don’t think liberals will get a pass as they haven’t so far. This is a scary time to be a male…
Think about it, all somebody has to do is say you did something, sometime and you’re finished and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

If you had information that someone was a sexual predator, how long would you sit on that info?? Drop it on your ‘to do’ list for sometime in the future?

Hyperbole much?

For some, it should be.

Or, you become president.

1 Like

Why are you answering a question with a question?

Lol that’s what the Dems said during Obamas tenure. America truly loves obstructionist methods.

The movement was already virtually non existent. What is there to kill?

I don’t think a period of time has ever existed or will exist where it’s scary to be a male. The odds of being accused of sexual assault is what? Abysmally low imo

Sure there is. In the real world where our careers aren’t subject to popular opinion, none of that matters for shit

My head just exploded.

Setting aside the allegations, why is not rushing a nomination a bad thing?

Oh, that wasn’t what made my head erupt. I don’t think not rushing is a bad thing, depending on how long, and for what purpose.

Obviously, the RNC want this done prior to the midterms, and the DNC want it to wait until after, but it should be done as quickly as necessary to decide on his judicial bona fides, which I think can be achieved prior to the election.

Well, it will be quicker than under Obama either way.

I’m not defending that errant shite either. However, the merits of a hearing when most of the ranking democrats have said “will vote no” prior to the process beginning seems dubious.

1 Like

That’s just the way it is.

2 Likes

Looks like both, accuser and accused, have agreed to public hearings on Monday. Dun-Dun-DUUUNNN!

Hopefully, there’s a day or two of testimony by both of them, then a vote.

1 Like

I agree but my bullshit meter is pegged right now.
You can not like the man because of his politics, what he stands for or what he says. This is just obviously desperate and that’s what bothers me.
If he is guilty it should have come out awhile ago. And can she withstand the the testimony? She don’t know when he did it. She don’t know where he did it. But she damn sure he did it, in high school and you just bring it up now? 35 years later?? If he did anything of the sort he should have gone to prison, then.

This stinks to high heaven and I’d love to see her questioned. You’re a democratic pundit? Oh. You remember an explanation better then the therapist taking notes in the moment? Really? Fienstien sat on this info for 6 weeks during the period where his background was supposed to be checked? Oh, but you were protecting the confidentiality of someone reporting what would be a serious crime otherwise?
If I knew of a serious crime committed by someone trying to reach the SCOTUS, it would have not waited.
Am I saying I don’t believe the woman, yes, absolutely I doubt her story.
It’s either that’s not what happened or she’s exaggerating as to what happened.
And the time line does matter. Why does it matter when he is going for the SCOTUS vs. being a federal judge?
I think the truth is that this is a political witch hunt with one last try, victims be damned.
Let them testify let her prove her case. 35 years to high school, he deserves actual evidence raised against him. If she has none, well this was a waste of everybody’s time and she should feel the full weight of that pressure. And she should be destroyed publically, if her story is a lie or a half truth.

If this were a pattern ofsexual misconduct or a regular question with this guy, I would feel differently. But there is nothing but this lone allegation. At worst its stupid kids acting stupidly. Something Dads take care of immediately because I would.

For the most part I live in the rarefied air of not being too emotional about current politics. But the facts of this case pisses me off.
Where does it end? Elementary school? Because I have some red flags there. These fuckers will commit crimes, its not a matter of if, it’s when.

So for now, I say it’s bullshit. No hypotheticals I want real, actual evidence or hit the fucking road. You had 35 years to bring this up…35 years…
Is there anybody within the course of 35 years that can throw stones? I doubt it.
If this limitless time line exists, there are people in am justified in killing in cold blood.
No matter, I wouldn’t even with permission. But I could according to the rules defined in this circumstance.

I don’t think you grasp what’s going on here if that’s the comparison you’re drawing lol

God bless you if you understood what he was talking about.

1 Like