The Stupid Thread 2 (Part 1)

Lol…

Which means best case the overpopulation problem is not only at the mercy of the advancement of technology, but completely reliant on it. If/When tech stops growing at the same rate that allowed the population to continue growing, we’re back to a numbers game again.

You’re also stuck working with the limitations of technology and raw materials.

Personally I think it’s a mostly moot point. The odds of the human race reaching those levels of overpopulation prior to the next thinning of the herd doesn’t seem likely to me.

Europe’s disaster is the opposite of a population growth disaster. Quite a few of our problems are our ageing demographics.

The fiscal timebomb of unfunded pension liabilities keeps me up at night.

It’s gonna get very ugly, and people having babies isn’t the cause in the western world.

2 Likes

I never even hinted that current day problems were being caused by any form of overpopulation.

Agreed. As I said above I think overpopulation is a moot point. I don’t have enough faith in the human race to think we won’t end up thinning the herd before it becomes a legitimate problem.

1 Like

I didn’t think you were. I was merely pointing out the problems with the specific graph cited. I approach the problem with a tragedian point of view at this point. Sure it’ll get bad, but every day the disaster is delayed is a good one.

One can always play the fiddle when the place is on fire.

1 Like

My wife told me about this yesterday. She says… “I don’t really like Trump, but I totally understand and think the media is being rude… … I have the same problem drinking Fiji water”

I literally lol’d. I had no fucking idea what she was talking about until she showed me.

2 Likes

What’s even funnier is that Susie Essman (Curb Your Enthusiasm) mentioned Fiji water during her bit at Trump’s Friar’s Club roast, in 2004.

Why, because you too know that the government will just confiscate your private savings and force you to live off of social security-esk tripe income levels?

That, or the system collapses and we all end up in a Greek style situation. Or a bunch of elderly people suffer. None of which are palatable.

Looters. They will come for you when the chips are down. They don’t even need guns and trucks to seize your assets. A few transactions and bam, your money is gone.

I just assume social security and Medicare will be gone by the time I get there. Trying to setup for worst case.

4 Likes

During the last financial crisis, the “Haves” knew things would be fine when GWB placed Henry Paulson (ex-Goldman Sachs head honcho) in charge of the country’s purse strings.

That’s the canary in the coal mine (shout out to the Old Goat ;-)) -who gets given control of the country’s purse strings; if it’s someone with the mentality of say good ol’ Bernie Sanders, take your money out, do the bitcoin ^^, gold, diamonds whatever thing and head for your bunker in the hills.

That’s my tinfoil hat scenario and I’m sticking to it.

1 Like

Unreal. Unfucking real.

1 Like

Fuuuuuck that shit. Man, that’s extreme even for Greece.

I don’t disagree with this. I think the financial sector should have gone into free fall. I think QE has helped bond holders in a massive way comparing to the regular prudent saver.

To misquote Churchill. You had a choice between the recession and the depression. You chose the recession, but you’ll still ha e the depression.

This time QE and interest rate drops cannot stop it.

3 Likes

You have no idea. I may make a thread on the illegality in the ECB intervention, if anyone would care to read.

2 Likes

I’d love to read up on that.

1 Like

Seconded. Write it @Legalsteel . New thread? I have strived to really understand what the EU is and how it operates through the whole crisis. Trying not to be an ignorant murican.

Will do. It is insane.

1 Like

Louis Lerner scared the plebes will find out what she did. Why even have a freedom of information act anymore? The government would never wrong us, right?

1 Like