Teens Shouldn't Squat Unsupervised

I talked to a american fotball coach the other night, as he had a young trainee with him that he showed some exercises. I saw that he did avoid the squat.

I tought this was strange, but he said that he was afraid he would hurt himself doing it without supervision, as the trainee had to workout alone.

Well, I think squatting is important, but after watching these kids in this youtube video, I think at least the guy in the blue shirt needs a shrink.

Is this common behaviour in the gyms of the T-Nation’ers ?

I was shocked to say the least.

I pointed out my opinions about bad form and disturbing behavior in a post to the video, but the poster, then removed the comment, and disabled comments altogether.

At least, this is an interesting video to watch in american(?) teenager behaviour.

Things i found wrong with their squatting:

• Crashing down on the box, far too hard.

• Double starts from the box

• Extreme goodmorning squats

• Standing in the sticky point for an entire eternity.

But i guess teenagers are like this.

It’s sad. If i owned that gym, I’d tell them to behave or leave.

Here’s the video:

Please post your comments in this thread.

Am I just a sad old git, without humor, or do you other t-nationers find this disturbing as well?

Good for a laugh, but I would throw them out if I own the gym.

Damn, that kid’s a member here, huh? That shit wasn’t even funny…

[quote]stallion wrote:
But i guess teenagers are like this.
[/quote]

Well, isnt that a broad generalization. If I saw kids doing that at the gym I go to, I’d politely tell them to stop being jackasses, and if they didnt, I’d go to the manager and have them kicked out.

If I was doing ME squats and my spotter was screaming like a nancy and punching the air and laughing, I’d immeadately rack the weight and tell him to get the fuck out of here if he’s going to be an asshole while he spots me.

Those kids were the biggest assholes I’ve ever seen in a video on the internet, and well, there are plenty of candidates for that position.

what a bunch of douches. i felt bad for “matt” it seemed like he was actually trying to take it seriously and his two buddies were just fuckin around. i would crack that guy in the blue shirt in the nose if i was him

sometimes i wish Dave Tate was a spirit who would appear whenever someone was doing this shit and rant them to death

Two or three weeks of technique all of those kids could be moving that much and significantly more.

The catch is they would have to want it. I agree only one seemed like he wanted anything, but to do that he would have to ditch those two and move on to a real training partner.

Wow, that was uh really something. Thank god none of the teenagers really squat in my gym, I am only 1 of 3 people I have ever seen squatting in my gym and the only person who deadlifts.

Now I haven’t done box squats before but are you supposed to sit on the box like that?

This thread should be renamed ‘Why Dickheads Shouldn’t Squat Unsupervised’.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Damn, that kid’s a member here, huh? That shit wasn’t even funny…[/quote]

This guy http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1470195

Those guys are abusing the curling rack. Why aren’t they using a belt? Don’t they know that chicks dig guys with chicken legs?

You know, when I first saw this thread, I thought it meant teens squatting alone vs. squatting with a spotter/supervisor.

After watching that video, if I was a teen I think I’d rather take my chances with 900 pounds on back, no rack, and standing on ice in high heeled shoes, than to have to have a jackass like that behind me ‘spotting’ my squat.

If I was any of those kids squatting, I would’ve dumped the bar off my back directly onto him.

Holy balls.

When I started that video I thought, “WTF, that sounds like that dude with Turet’s that posted that heinous video of his brother training.” Slowly it dawned on me that it was the same guy.

Yowza. Not exactly a credibility builder.

THANK GOD THEY INVENTED POWER RACKS.

That was purdy damn obnoxious.

I would definitely have to remove a jackass like that.

I dont know if im getting people confused…but isnt one of those guys (digitalair) I think the guy trained by Eric Cressey/kelly bagget? How is his form so atrocious? Pardon me if im mixing people up somehow…

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:
I dont know if im getting people confused…but isnt one of those guys (digitalair) I think the guy trained by Eric Cressey/kelly bagget? How is his form so atrocious? Pardon me if im mixing people up somehow…[/quote]

THe guy who POSTED it is DigitalAirAir, I didn’t see him actually lift anything tho. Did you?

At least they’re squatting. If I owned a gym, I’d throw out everyone not in the final weeks of contest prep for a bodybuilding comp who did cable crossovers and anyone who even discussed doing hercules curls.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

THe guy who POSTED it is DigitalAirAir, I didn’t see him actually lift anything tho. Did you?[/quote]

So are these his friends? I guess I assumed they were and therefore I found it odd that a guy who was coached by Cressey wouldnt help them with their form. That shit makes me cringe…

Don’t put all of us teens together, I squat to parallel or atg and never act like a douche bag like that guy was.

Sad thing is the guy in the blue that everybody’s dissing on is probaby putting up better numbers and works out with way more intensity than the majority of people on here. Even if he is a weirdo.