Tea Party and political extremism.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
On MSNBC of all places last night, they said that internal IRS e-mails showed that it was not just rogue “mid-level” managers…but was disclosed to top ranking IRS officials BEFORE they testified before congress that “the allegations are totally without merit.”

.[/quote]

No shit… Anyone that thought this was some rouge underlings is an idiot. I deal with the IRS a lot. This wasn’t Johnny Hotcakes with a bug up his ass.

If this were “due diligence” against anti-tax groups, CPA’s would be audited year over year. If it was that the TP was partisan than MMFA would have the same ballbusting as they obviously bat for the left. They come out and say it. If only Occupy wasn’t such a shit show and could organize people beyond shitting on sidewalks, then we could see if they were persecuted as well…

I can’t believe a post that says “bush bush bush, it isn’t a conspiracy, but if it was it was RINO’s v annoying Tea Party people” gets applauded. If the RINO’s had that much pull, which they do, and used it in this matter, they would spend the political clout taking down other organizations rather than their own “red headed step children”.

And yes, the Commissioner is a Bush appointee, who is up for re-appointment during the GodKing’s second term… So keeping their mouth shut and doing as they are told is well within the bounds of obvious reality.

This action was order by powerful people within what seems obvious the Democratic party. Plouff’s defense of the situation pretty much confirms his hand in the game. The idea that Bam is the be-all-end-all of big blue is laughable. He is the spokes person that wins the popularity contest amongst low information voters, nothing more. He answers to people more powerful than him.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Oh, so now you trust the liberal media?[/quote]

Weren’t you the one complaining about partisan bickering a couple posts ago?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Weren’t you the one complaining about partisan bickering a couple posts ago?[/quote]

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I just think it’s ironic that someone who regularly condemns most of what comes from MSNBC is now holding up a report of theirs as evidence of wrongdoing. The liberal media is ALWAYS wrong when they go after conservatives, but once they go after liberals, they have credibility. Ironic, indeed.

I have seen 10x the hand waving here than I’ve seen in the media (haven’t watched a second of Fox news with regard to this issue).

1. IRS targeted Conservative groups
  2. Higher up the chain then they originally claimed.
  3. Lied about it to congress not too long ago.
  4. Looking like more than one office involved.
  5. One group has already disclosed that they received the confidential documents of conservative groups, from the IRS.

Let’s get the full investigation roaring.

Edit: I mean, MSNBC folks (see the post further up).

n Monday, President Barack Obama said he first learned about the issue from news reports on Friday. White House spokesman Jay Carney said the White House counsel’s office was alerted the week of April 22 that the inspector general was finishing a report concerning the IRS office in Cincinnati. But, he said, the counsel’s office did not get the report and the president did not learn the focus until Friday.

haha, they didn’t get their stories straight at all. This might be pretty big…

http://news.yahoo.com/top-irs-official-didnt-reveal-tea-party-targeting-000016562.html

da link

Too many scandals coming out at once. This is not good for Obama.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Weren’t you the one complaining about partisan bickering a couple posts ago?[/quote]

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I just think it’s ironic that someone who regularly condemns most of what comes from MSNBC is now holding up a report of theirs as evidence of wrongdoing. The liberal media is ALWAYS wrong when they go after conservatives, but once they go after liberals, they have credibility. Ironic, indeed.[/quote]

You will notice I said “MSNBC of all places”…for the record I don’t trust FOX any more than MSNBC for partisan hackery…but the really are the only major conservative outlet for news…right?

For MSNBC to run this story it proves that something is really fucked.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Too many scandals coming out at once. This is not good for Obama.[/quote]

“Shock and Awe”.

Any updates on the Birth Certificate?

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

“Shock and Awe”.

Mufasa[/quote]

I have never said anything about being a birther, and claiming all this stuff hitting the fan is on the level of the birthers is just plain ignorant.

dmaddox

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I just think it’s ironic that someone who regularly condemns most of what comes from MSNBC is now holding up a report of theirs as evidence of wrongdoing. The liberal media is ALWAYS wrong when they go after conservatives, but once they go after liberals, they have credibility. Ironic, indeed.[/quote]

You will notice I said “MSNBC of all places”…for the record I don’t trust FOX any more than MSNBC for partisan hackery…but the really are the only major conservative outlet for news…right?

For MSNBC to run this story it proves that something is really fucked.[/quote]

The fact that MSNBC is running the story proves nothing. I don’t trust either FOX or MSNBC either, but the fact is that this is a pretty convenient time for many to use MSNBC’s reporting in a convenient way. They’ve constantly been attacked for being completely fucking inept. ABC has as well, albeit to a lesser degree. Why is it that they aren’t being attacked in the same way now? Because their reporting serves your purpose better, that’s why.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

“Shock and Awe”.

Mufasa[/quote]

I have never said anything about being a birther, and claiming all this stuff hitting the fan is on the level of the birthers is just plain ignorant.

dmaddox[/quote]

Have you questioned the birth certificate here? I’m interested in where his comment came from.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

“Shock and Awe”.

Mufasa[/quote]

dmaddox[/quote]

Have you questioned the birth certificate here? I’m interested in where his comment came from.
[/quote]

I think he’s just making a parallel between this latest controversy and the one about the birther movement. It’s a poor, inappropriate parallel, but I don’t think he’s accusing anyone in specific with this comment.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

“Shock and Awe”.

Mufasa[/quote]

dmaddox[/quote]

[/quote]

His comment comes from deflection and plain old bullying tactics. He is trying to tarnish an opinion by linking DM to a fringe group of over zealous individuals that are socially accepted as “bad and evil people”, therefore silencing him by trying to paint him as someone he is not through association. Alynski 101. He has chosen the spokes person for DM as people no one wants to associate with publicly, and tries to tie DM to them through assumption that birthers would have the same opinion of the other topic as DM.

It is no different than his “the GOP is racist” implication when speaking about Rubio, and implying he was a token… Or was it “window dressing”?

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/339950.php#339950

Another scandal-ish issue for team Left.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/339933.php#339933

Ace’s take on the leaks.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

For the record, the only time I truly “trust” a national level entertainment news organization like Fox or MSNBC, is when they go after their own. So if Fox bashes a republican or MSNBC paints a democrat in an unflattering light.

That said I think Lama was only pointing out that the issue seems to have some serious merit if, because MSNBC is team left, is actually taking the left to task. His point isn’t that MSNBC is suddenly creditable, but rather this story has serious implications if they aren’t carrying water for their team with their story.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

“Shock and Awe”.

Mufasa[/quote]

dmaddox[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the comment was not directed at me, but as a parallel that DBCooper talks about.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Because their reporting serves your purpose better, that’s why.[/quote]

Not at all…Matthews, Maddow and the rest would rather fall on their sword than say anything bad about the Dems. Just like FOX and the GOP.

Matthews railing on the white house yesterday was the equivalent of aliens landing at the super bowl.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

“Shock and Awe”.

Mufasa[/quote]

dmaddox[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the comment was not directed at me, but as a parallel that DBCooper talks about.
[/quote]

Well, either way, that’s a shame. There is simply no comparison. These issues aren’t confined to the feverishly written newsletters of right-wing kooks. This is mainstream media, over a variety of outlets, reporting.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

The fact that MSNBC is running the story proves nothing. I don’t trust either FOX or MSNBC either, but the fact is that this is a pretty convenient time for many to use MSNBC’s reporting in a convenient way. They’ve constantly been attacked for being completely fucking inept. ABC has as well, albeit to a lesser degree. Why is it that they aren’t being attacked in the same way now? Because their reporting serves your purpose better, that’s why.[/quote]

Perhaps it is because some major main stream media have actually started doing a little journalistic work over the last couple of weeks. The silence in the media with respect to major governmental over reach and, arguably, criminal behavior has been deafening.

Why bring up Fox? Why bring up Bush? Are you a political relativist where everything is okay because the other side (whichever side that may be) has done it first, or would do the same thing if given the chance?

[quote]Sloth wrote:

Well, either way, that’s a shame. There is simply no comparison. These issues aren’t confined to the feverishly written newsletters of right-wing kooks. This is mainstream media, over a variety of outlets, reporting.
[/quote]

I agree with you. That is why I replied to his post.

dmaddox

It’s beyond laughable that ANYONE on “PWI” would accuse anyone of bullying anyone. It’s a rediculous accusation. (Ask Pitt what bullying is if you want to really know what it is. I don’t see how he’s tolerated it for so long. He’s a much better man than me.)

I was neither bullying DM or trying to link him to Birthers. The point was in response to all the “scandals” that are coming out now…and that it’s just part of a long list that has been going on now for more than 6 years when it comes to the President.

So…my apologies to DM if somehow it came off as “bullying”.

Mufasa