Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

@mortdk given how gross is am now, I think I can still burn some fat whilst at least maintaining my muscle. I’m going to give it a go anyway,’it’s not like I’m in a rush to go anywhere. If it doesn’t work out then I’ll try something new next time. It’s more about the journey than the destination for me.

2 Likes

Mon 21st - Hypertrophy block (4weeks) week 1

Warm up agile 5, box jumps x 10, ball slams x 10

Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 10 x 3 sets RPE- 7, 8, 8
SS with sit ups 10 x 3 sets.
Squats felt harder than they should. The only think that liked this less that me legs was my lungs. Puffing like an old steam strain by the end. Lower back and left hand side were a little sore. Maybe too much cricket bowling at the weekend!!!

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
75 x 7 x 3 sets RPE- 6, 7, 7
SS with band pull aparts
20 x 3 sets
Nice big pause on every rep for bench. Good reps tonight.

Bulgarian split squats
4kg dumbell each hand - 8 reps per leg - 3 sets
Kept rest short here. First time of doing these and Felt like drunk, uncoordinated idiot doing these but good quad pump anyway. Had to lie down after set three my lungs were cooked. What a fken light weight. lol

Push up
Max x 3 sets - 35, 23, 20
SS with
Barbel curls 20kg x 15 reps
Short rest here, was breathing so hard I got a stitch before the last set.

Overall a really good session and if this is only the light start before we really add volume then I am in big trouble. This was a tough session, more for the lungs than the muscles but it was tough none the less.
The next 10 weeks are going to be a lot of terrible fun.

9 Likes

We seem very alike Simo, I overate during the last 6 month or so and ended up way fatter than I liked. So I’m cutting back a bit as well.

You’ll get used to that volume quickly, it takes a couple of weeks at most I think then you body are used to it.

1 Like

I laughed at the split squat comment, they really do burn hey. I’ve been making the Mrs do them with a 2.5kg DB in each hand, she really hates them.

1 Like

Not only do they burn like gonorrhoea but i has very bad ankle flexion in my right leg so can’t lay the top of my foot on the bench. I looked like a complete numpty. :joy:

2 Likes

Got home from work tonight and my five year old son was waiting for me at the gate wanting to play cricket. Best 20 mins of my day. Quality

6 Likes

I hope so mate I really hope so. Not sure if it was the lower carb intake, the heat or the training but after my shower different areas of my body starting spasm and locking up. Had a 10 min lie down and then ate and all seems ok now.

2 Likes

With all this rabbit food I can literally feel
My abs coming out !!!

8 Likes

No sauce? No fat?

Olive oil

2 Likes

Too much veggie

2 Likes

Woke today at 85.4kg, was supposed to get up early and walk this morning but was tired so decided to sleep. Went for a walk after work with the weight vest on instead. Was a lovely evening and nice to be walking by the ocean and feel that sea breeze.

4 Likes

Going down Simo, nice work.
I’m right behind you, actually I’m gonna take a walk.

Am I the only one who thinks this looks delicious?! Except the green peas, pass on the peas.

2 Likes

Yeah looks absolutely yummy, but there’s to much green and orange stuff around.

That looks alright

1 Like

Wednesday 23rd Jan - got in some work on the heavy bag tonight.
10 x 2 min rounds with 30 sec rest.

Had to get 10 done just to do 1 more that @T3hPwnisher :joy:

3 Likes

I miss the beaches in Melbourne

1 Like

You guys are going to have to get set up with some virtual reality stuff so you can fight each other.

You do anything special? I threw like 2 lead kicks the other day just to see what they felt like.

They felt bad.

1 Like