Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

I am tracking food daily and it’s very very similar (I’m boring that way). I thinks it’s mostly water weight. Some days I’m holding other days it drops off. I’ll see how I bounce back over the weekend.

1 Like

Ahh then I understand the WTF. It’s a whole kg less than the day before popcorn.

Big night last night and really feeling it today. Managed to keep up with the young ones and was one of 3 last man standing at 2am. Woke up very dehydrated, weight was 84.1kg, that’s a 2kg drop in a couple of days. Looks like I need more food.

2 Likes

Well done Simo, new diet: Beer and party :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just trying to keep up with you my friend.

1 Like

Dehydration.

2 Likes

So today my neighbour decides to tear down his fence and dig post holes and concrete in the new posts. Not exactly the type of thing you want to be doing with a hangover !! Back is sore from the digging and carrying timber and bags of concrete. At least he rewarded me by slow roasting some pork and lamp in his wood fired oven.

5 Likes

I suspect that you burn more calories when you’re awake longer than usual. Instead of lying still, you’re still moving around. It’s bound to throw off your BMR for the day.

Also, I’m lighter in the morning if I wake up to piss several times in the night. Last night my daughter woke me up around 3am and kept bugging me off and on til 345. I got up to piss since I was awake. My wife woke up me an hour later when she got up to run and I got up to piss again (guess my body thought it was time to get up and stop holding it). I weighed 246 this morning after weighing 250.6 lbs last night around 7:30.

Woke up this morning feeling much more alive that yesterday. Weight 85.9kg looks like I must have rehydrated yesterday.

3 Likes

Spend today doing jobs. Got up on the garage roof and cut the tree with the pole saw. It grows over the roof and drops heaps of leaves that then block up all the gutters. After cutting the tree I went round and pulled all the wet leaves and mud and grass out of the gutters. Then I had to cut up and mulch all the tree branches I had cut down. Body was a little sore after all the work so had a long soak in a hot bath this afternoon. It was amazing, I was soo relaxed at the end I felt like falling asleep!!
Squat and bench tomorrow and then testing for squat, bench and deadlift later in the week. Going to work up to a new double PR on all three hopefully.

7 Likes

How do you test:
all lifts on one day? or every other day? or??

I am planning on doing my testing every other day…

@mortdk last time I did squat and bench on one day and deadlift and oh press on another. This time round my program has me doing squat, bench and deadlift all in the same session, with no test for OH this time around.

4 Likes

Woke at 85.7kg, all of the dehydration from the weekend has gone. Will keep up the fluids this week and add some more food by the end of the week.

3 Likes

Monday 27th August - test week

Monday
Squat
Bar x 10
65 x 5
90 x 2
100 x 2
1110 x 2
117.5 x 2 RPE 8 felt ok
117.5 x 2 RPE 8 happy

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 5 x 3 sets

Quick little primer session tonight to get ready for testing on Thursday. Body felt pretty good, now it’s time to EAT!

8 Likes

I’ll sit here, cheering with popcorn and beer.
Go kill it Simo:

2 Likes

Woke at 85.7kg, that’s 2 days in a row. Usually weight is lower the day after training so I am hoping to see it go up tomorrow !!

3 Likes

Woke at 85.0kg hmmm well i didn’t expect that. Need to drink a lot more water today.

2 Likes

Thursday 30th August

Squat work up to 2RM
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 2
100 x 2
110 x 2
120 x 2
130 x 1 PR
135 x 1 PR
Happy with squats tonight. The 130 x 1 was ok, the 135 x 1 was a smidge high but It’s the heaviest I’ve had on my back for years so I’ll take it.

Bench work up to 2RM
Bar x 10
65 x 5
80 x 3
90 x 2
100 x 2
110 x 2 Rep PR
115 x 0 lowered ok, got it 6 inches of the chest then in stopped dead. Was close, if I hadn’t done a double with 110 I rekon it would have gone up.
Still very happy with the 110 x 2, They were touch n go but it’s still a PR. Last time round got 107.5 x 2 and have only done a single with 110 previously.

Deadlift work up to 2 RM
Bar x 10
65 x 8
105 x 3
125 x 2
140 x 2
150 x 2
160 x 2 Rep PR - first moved ok, second was slow
165 x 1 PR getting so close to double bodyweight.

Pretty happy tonight, 11 weeks of training and I’ve seen improvements in squat, bench and deadlift. I should feel very happy but not sure I do. As with everyone I still want more but I’m happy to keep making small improvements and to stay healthy and unbroken.

16 Likes

Vids from tonight

https://instagram.com/p/BnGgKXdBbto/

https://instagram.com/p/BnGgRWKB0YM/

https://instagram.com/p/BnGhHnJBGHw/

8 Likes

Good work man