Simo - The Red Shoe Diaries (Part 1)

I’ll drink to that mate, cheers

1 Like

Damn nice grind!

1 Like

Thanks mate. Gotta keep on grinding just to stay up with all you strong boys on here.

Friday 15th June - deload

BB complex - bar 10 reps of each
SLDL, bent row, hang clean, front squat, oh press, back squat, bnp, good mornings

Squat SS with push ups
85 x 5 x 3 sets
20 x 3 sets

Bench SS with rows
65 x 5 x 3 sets
65 x 5 x 3 sets

Clean and press SS pull ups
45 x 5 x 3 sets
5 x 3 sets

Dumbbell curl SS tricep ext 10kg
10 x 3 sets
10 x 3 sets

Barbell hip thrusters
Bar x 10 - never done these before,
They are in my next training block so just did 10 to get a feel for them.

Second deload session for the week. Added a little weight to squats to get ready for a new block next week. Good session tonight, done in 30 mins and was pumped and sweaty by the end.

3 Likes

New training block starts next week. We have decided that as the body is coping ok with the volume we will do another volume block but with a few small changes. I have been struggling a little staying tight in the squat and bench. So we have added tempo paused squat to deadlift day, one every second week. It will be a 2-3 second decent with a 1 second pause. This means I will be squating twice a week every other week.
We have also added tempo bench, 2 sec decent and 2 sec pause just touching the chest. This will be added every other week also, so I will be benching twice a week every second week.
We have also added some barbell hip thrusters to work the hip hinge and glutes.
Looking forward to another good volume block and some more gainzzzzzz !!

2 Likes

Hey Simo, just caught up from last week.
Great stuff going on, great dedication mate.
Love the way you plays and interact with the kids.
AAAAndd the OHP very impressive grind, I really thought ohhhh noooo, come on fight it.
And a rep pr on DL as well. great.

Thanks mate. A big part of why I train, other than I just love it, is to be able to do active stuff with the kids. It amazes how many dads will stand on the side lines looking at their phone or drinking a coffee rather than jumping in and doing stuff with their kids.
That was a very slow rep and I really thought it was coming down. When I watched it back the song in the back ground was ‘under pressure’ by Queen. And I was certainly under pressure, lol. Good to see you back training again too after to little visit to my home town @mortdk

1 Like

It’s about picking the right song :slight_smile:
When I did bikeraces back in the days, when the shitty days hit, i always hummed (is that a word) Springsteens “I’m going down down down”, sometimes I got a little smile on the face and some extra energy.

1 Like

You da man simo! Keep hammering away

1 Like

No training today but got an hour of football (soccer for all you over the pond) in with the nephew. Haven’t run or kicked a ball that much in a while. Adductors going to be sore tomorrow.

2 Likes

And the world cup is on :slight_smile:
Football is so much fun.

Yer and being from England but now an Aussie, I get two bites at the cherry!!

1 Like

Albeit very small bites and all things considered probably rather sour :joy:

Lmao you got dat right Mark :+1:

Denmark vs Australia this thursday :slight_smile:

Yer it’s on here at 10pm, looks like it could be a late night. Will train late on Thursday which usually keeps me awake anyway.

1 Like

Gutted with the Australia vs France result last night. Rekon we deserved at draw at least. Some decent doms in the legs today, It’s amazing what a bit of running will do to you !! New program starts tomorrow, I’ll add a little detail about it later. Pumped.

2 Likes

Go getem killer

1 Like

Monday 18th June - Micro 1 week 1 - squat and bench

Weight 84.5kg

Squat
Bar x 10
Bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
100 x 5 x 4 sets
RPE 7, 8, 8, 9
Good depth and tightness tonight, a little knee cave near the end. Not heavy but not light, good primer for the next few weeks.

Bench
Bar x 10
65 x 8
80 x 8 x 4 sets
RPE 6, 7, 7, 8
Solid reps tonight, nice and smooth

Bent Row - Superset with…
75 x 12 x 3
CGPress
70 x 10 x 3
Wow first set of these really woke me up. Second set wasn’t any easier. Massive upper body pump. Only got 8 reps on CGP on last set, chest and arms fried!!!

Hanging leg raise x 20 SS with ab roll outs from knees x 10 - 2 rounds

Stick a fork in me - I’m done !!

5 Likes

June 18th - weighed in at 84.5kg tonight. Weight didn’t really change over the last volume block and I think that is mostly due to poor diet. Decided to take a couple of pics and put them up here to track any change over this 11 week block. I will try to eat more over this block and see if I can get the scales to move up a bit, hopefully without getting too fat !!

5 Likes