Shane’s Journal

Great looking session Shane. Man, that upper body SS at the end looks brutal! Way to get after it! I hear you on the pull-ups. Whatever you can get done at your BW is damned impressive to me. :sweat_smile:

Appreciate it. I have always sucked at pull ups, getting fatter didn’t help. :joy:

1 Like

Seriously though, I might get one pull-up at your BW. So you are doing more than I can. :wink:

1 Like

Fullbody C

Weight 261.8

Warm up bike ride

5 minutes

SOHP

5 x 60

5 x 75

3 x 95

5 x 110

3 x 125

1 + 140(4)

Pendlay Rows

5 x 155

5 x 195 x 3

Add 10

RDLs

12 x 185

10 x 225

8 x 245

6 x 275

Decline BP

12 x 135

10 x 165

8 x 185

8 x 205

Box Squats/Pull ups

12 x bar/3

10 x 95/3

10 x 115/3

10 x 135/3

10 x 155/3

62 minutes

That’s it. Shoulder felt ok, but still a little twinge. Same with my right hip.

Big football weekend. I need my Dawgs to finally beat Bama tomorrow and send them packing and out of the championship race. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I don’t watch football but living in Alabama I can’t avoid the hoopla. Even heard one great-nephew at the gym tell his friend, “Uncle don’t watch football” in the same tone of voice people usually say, “I hear he beats his best huntin dog”. But, according to many at the gym, several newscasters, the weather girl, check out clerk at the grocery store, bag boy, several great nephews, nephews, random strangers, the mailman, homeless people one the side of the road, billboards, and probably will be mentioned at church tomorrow, it’s been a while since Georgia beat Bama. And yawl don’t really have a chance in hell. Think they’re making sacrifices to the Bear tonight to ensure victory.

LoL. Yeah we have some demons to exercise on this side of the border between my team and Bama. We have been up on them by as many as 18 points and still found a way to lose, and usually to a back up quarterback.

Our coach Kirby Smart has yet to beat his mentor Saban. I am hoping today the student becomes the master.

1 Like

Not to butt into the conversation but the 4’th quarter just started and it ain’t looking good for the dawgs. Sorry Shane. :neutral_face:

Beauty of a session. Talk about a whole body effort! Nothing but main lifts. Super strong on OHP and Rows. Glad to see some RDLs and Box Squats in there too. Way to get after it brother!

Yep, definitely didn’t turn out the way I was hoping.

Thank you Trent. I am trying man. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sunday
Peloton
30 minute ride followed by 10 minute cooldown.
500 ish cals.

My damn garmin watch broke. Don’t know what happened with it. I ordered another Garmin but am seriously considering sending it back and biting the bullet and buying an apple watch. I am on my 3rd Garmin now and a guy here at work has been rocking his apple watch for 6 years.

The price for the Apple is double what I paid for my Garmin, but I am heavily considering doing it. I know your opinion Trent. LoL.

2 Likes

Nice job on the Peloton ride Shane. Yeah, you know what my opinion is. I’ve had mine for over a year now and it is still working fine (knock on wood). The battery isn’t quite as good as it used to be but still does well. I’ll save my breath on the performance aspects as I harped on that for a good while a year ago. :sweat_smile: If you have an iPhone, I would look no further as it syncs incredibly well and is very functional with your phone.

1 Like

Thank you Trent. I went ahead and ordered one. I will send my Garmin back to Amazon when it shows up. The hardest part is going to be waiting for my Apple watch to get here. ETA is 12/21-12/23.

Man, that’s a long time. I think mine took about a week. Well, we all know why I suppose… At least it will be a good Christmas present. :thinking:

1 Like

If I would have ordered from Amazon it would probably be here tomorrow. LoL. I always worry about ordering from Amazon though and getting a refab, so I ordered direct from Apple.

Yep, be a good Christmas gift :slight_smile:

Fullbody A

Weight 261.8

Warm up bike ride

5 minutes

Leg Press Single leg/SS Pull ups

12 x 90/3

12 x 180/3

8 x 230/3

Leg press 2 legs

12 x 5PPS/3

12 x 6PPS/3

Bench Press

TM 255

5 x 105

5 x 135

3 x 155

5 x 175

5 x 195

5 + 220 (10)

UH BB Rows

12 x 155

12 x 175

10 x 195

10 x 195

HS OHP/SS Leg extension iso

12 x 45 per side/20 x 50 per side

12 x 55/20 x 60

12 x 65/20 x 70

HS MTS Ab crunch/SS Bicep/tricep

20 x 60/12 x 30 db curl

20 x 60/12 x 30 db extension

20 x 60/12 x 35 db curl

20 x 60/12 x 35 db extension

20 x 60/8 x 40 db curl

60ish minutes.

Decent day today. 10 reps at 220 is about the best 1RM bench set I have hit in a long time.

5 Likes

Dude, I thought that was a typo. :sweat_smile: Nice set! Might want to bump up the weight a little on the next cycle. :wink: It’s funny, I was so out of it this morning I totally forgot that my last sets were AMRAP sets. Oh well, at least I got my goal reps. :sunglasses: Solid looking rest of the session too. I hear you on ordering from Apple. I did the same. It definitely ships from somewhere in China so it will probably sit on a boat in LA harbor for two weeks before it takes one more day to make it to you… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

LoL. Nope, being fat has the byproduct of being a little stronger too.

You can go AMRAP next time but like you said, at least you got your reps!

If my watch is on a boat from China and waiting on it to get unloaded from a Californian harbor, I will be enjoying my new apple watch next Christmas.

It’s the give that keeps on giving, Clark. :joy:

Eddie

1 Like

Haha. Yes it is.

Peloton
30 minute ride
10 minute cool down
500 ish cals

3 Likes

Nice job on the Peloton ride Shane!

1 Like