Politicians are Losers

Workers who get more benefit from the tax system, than they pay in, but perhaps the value they provide compensates for it. Some of that value goes to the employer who will pay tax on the profits from that worker.

I’m pretty sure those are mythical creatures. The people who get more benefit than they pay in tend to work at McDonalds and such (if at all).

Just some stats: 61% of U.S. Americans pay no federal income tax. 19% receive welfare.

1 Like

McDonalds wouldn’t hire them if they didn’t think the person would provide more value than they were paying them. What would that person’s pay be if they earned exactly the amount of value they provided on average? Maybe double what they are being paid. Now those $13-$15 dollar an hour workers would be making ~$30 dollars an hour. If that were the case, they would be a person that paid in more than they received.

What I am trying to say is that many of these type of worker allow for others to be the ones that pay the larger amount of taxes, cause they have capital, which allows them to profit off of labor capital. I am not saying that is wrong. Just that maybe we shouldn’t be so hard on the people who don’t pay federal income tax. They should get to vote.

1 Like

Teachers, social workers, enviro inspectors, staff level researchers, fire fighters, military veterans etc all make peanuts, but provide a much larger benefit to society and the economy long-term than the minimal govt support they may receive.

Ambulance chasing/slip and fall lawyers likely pay more in taxes than they receive in benefit, but don’t help society nearly as much as the above.

1 Like

I beg you to reconsider. Especially in your local elections. You don’t have to vote for anybody you do not like, but at least cast a protest vote.
I was afraid that all this fraud talk would discourage people from voting. It’s the one tool we do have. You can write in people if you want, you can vote for anybody you like. If you give up, then you cede control over you governance to the mob. I am not telling what to do, I am just asking you to reconsider and think about it.
Yeah, there is some fraud, but fraud cannot work against an overwhelming plurality. It can only work in close elections.

1 Like

I question the validity of the metric. Over 154 million people voted in the presidential election last year, I haven’t looked it up but I doubt more than that are on government benefits. And obviously people extracting more wealth from a system than it put into it, on the basis of a couple of social programs is fiscally impossible. I am guessing this is hyperbole.

I am still waiting for the answer to the question, where is the vote ‘done right’, vs. the US? What is the ‘corporate voting structure’?

Do you think under a corporate voting structure the US would be in the fiscal situation it’s in? Do you not understand incentive? I have no idea how my post was deleted.

If you doubt the numbers, just explain the unfunded liabilities. If you want an example look at any publicly traded company.

Then let them fight the wars they profit off of.

They are still human so they still have emotions.

What does this even mean?

And the worker wouldn’t be working there if McDonald’s wasn’t paying him more than his time is worth anywhere else.

1 Like

You mean when I get these ballots with people I have never heard of, whom I know nothing about and when I search can find nothing about? Sure, how do you prevent campaigning? Or are we throwing darts?

That’s true, but my point was that they are producing more value than what they are being paid on average. They may not be paying federal taxes, but someone above them is paying taxes that are the result of the profit that worker made them.

1 Like

Money is not the only consideration for taking a job. I have taken less for what I considered to be a better, more secure job. Or at fast food, if all your friends work their and you want to hang out with them, the pay is incidental.
And as predicted, inflation is through the roof. What I don’t understand is the focus on specific amounts rather than the value of the currency itself. What good is $15- $20 bucks an hour if the burger is $19.99? The percentage of pay proportional to what the currency is worth is what matters, not some arbitrary number.

I agree with Ben. The burger flippers produce more value than what they are paid. This is how the company can afford to pay them.

The difference between the value of the work and the pay for the work is the “cost” the worker pays for access to the employers Capital or Infrastructure.

Like I’d make more flippin’ burgers in my kitchen and selling them in my driveway than i would working at Burger World. But then I’d have to waste my own time and money advertising, acquiring business licenses and figuring out how to take payments on debit cards.

Instead I can just get a job at WacArnold’s, focus on the artistry of the burgers and let the corporate drones handle the other boring business stuff.

1 Like

And they are not just freeloaders living off of people that pay federal taxes, as they allow many of those people to earn more, and then pay taxes on that.

1 Like

There are plenty of people who don’t pay net taxes and are also not freeloaders. Much of the working poor and middle class. That doesn’t mean they should have decision-making power. There are also people who are net taxpayers(technically) but shouldn’t have decision-making power, because they are government employees.

The right to vote, contrary to what we’ve been taught in Murican schools, should not be based on someone’s value as a human being.

1 Like

What would you propose then?

Propose in response to what? The privilege of voting? The whole system of governance?

Privilege of voting.

1 Like

All net-taxpayers get an equal vote.