Per aspera ad astra (strongman Koestrizer)

Good work!

The road to 300 continues

1 Like

Saw the video on YT, well done mate. Great way to end the year.

1 Like

You sure you watched the right video mate, haha?

@simo74 definitely came through on that one. I’m stiff as a board though.

2 Likes

PRing your way into 2022 - love it, great work.

Also what did I miss here? Still not great at keeping up with logs!

1 Like

Haha nah man you didn’t miss anything, I just mentioned a couple of times that I slept somewhere else prior to training. Nothing important.
I met a lovely young lady with whom I have a “friends with benefits” agreement of sorts. So I spent the night every now and then at her place. While I like cuddling at night, I can’t seem to get a good night’s sleep that way. I like her because she is very good at open communication and I appreciate her honesty with me.

2 Likes

@dagill2 thanks man.

@anna_5588 haha if only. If/ when/ once I am around a 270-280 deadlift, I’ll buy a suit and make it happen.

1 Like

Happy new year Tnation fam!

Shenanigans
Warm up for my challenge consisted of beltless strict press up to 90 kg x 2.

@cyrrex here you go old man!

After a handful of fails, I managed to do non strict handstand push-ups. First a few singles and then eventually a set of four! I am as surprised as anyone lol.

Training

1 11" block pulls
3 x 5 @ 182,5 kg

2 snatch grip rdl
4 x 8 @ 105 kg

3 lat pull down
3 x 12

4 hip thrust
4 x 6 @ 140 kg

Pump unreal at this point

5 hanging leg raise
3 x 11 @ 2,5 kg

6 curls
3 x reps with curl bar

Notes:

• fuck me sideways! This training week has depleted me. This all better lead to some serious gains!

I will post a recap of last year’s lifting goals and my goals for this year after this training cycle is over. Due to sickness and stuff I declare this lifting year not over yet for me.

EDIT: The clips in the video are in reverse order.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure you owe me money @Cyrrex .

3 Likes

That was actually quite good. I feel cheated. If I wanted to watch big strong men doing big strong things, I’d watch WSM

1 Like

First of all, that was hilarious.

Second of all, do all your friends know you are competing with an old man?

Thirdly, nice work, a big improvement from a year ago.

Finally…lol, those were little bitch crossfit HSPUs, totally cheating haha.

2 Likes

You’re welcome

Yes, they do.

Thanks

In anticipation of that response I did a little research and nowhere was it specified what kind of handstand push ups I am allowed to do!! So that’s on you and I take my money via Paypal thank you very much.

2 Likes

Didn’t feel recovered today. Also slept bad for unknown reasons.

1 oh squat
3 x 5 @ 60 kg

2 deadlift
2 x 5 @ 180 kg

3 power jerk
4 x 2 @ 122,5 kg

4 seated row
3 x 12

5 leaning lateral raises
2 x pump @ 10 kg

Notes:

• deadlift starting to taper. One last heavy session left before the maxout.
  • pressing was decent. Everything felt a bit heavy. But after the workout I feel a lot better.
5 Likes

Sex. It was sex wasn’t it?

1 Like

Nope, slept alone in my bed yesterday. Not sure anything that happens in that scenario would count towards sex.

1 Like

I am going to let @Cyrrex answer that last post :joy:

2 Likes

I’m curious because you do a lot of heavy push presses – does the barbell bruise you a lot?

I had something dirty prepared as a response, but it wouldn’t have made it past the mods.

3 Likes

And then bagsy backs it up with does the barbell bruise you a lot. :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly. Clearly he is doing something wrong.

2 Likes

@simo74 I thought about tagging him originally.

@Bagsy yes it does and did so much more in the psst because I only learned rather recently how to really catch the bar from overhead.
My right clavicle is permanently enlarged, most likely because of scar tissue from that experience. Kinda funny at the doctor’s office.

you’re just afraid.

2 Likes