Old Intensity Isn't as Intense Anymore

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
trextacy wrote:
LOL. Yeah, meganewb, you’re so hardcore. Maybe if we REALLY try and do our best we can be 50% bodyfat and use shitty form on all our lifts, just like you.

Cut down to only 20% bf (not asking for miracles here) and let’s see what you big boy lifts look like.

Form too shitty to be a powerlifter- check

Too fat to be a bodybuilder- check

Destroying our joints at a young age- check

Stretching out our skin beyond repair in all likelihood- check

Being a dickhead on a message board- check.

Being a certified virgin - check.

But please, continue to drop into threads and ripping people a new one for asking questions. If you don’t like it, don’t click on the thread and stay in the T-cell…that’s what it was created for after all, so people like you can have your own sandbox and not be bothered by commoners asking questions.

your joined in 2007 and have no stats writen.

Im going for a 900lb raw parallel box squar (wraps belt and probably a spot from my brother) at 7, have benched 405x15 with bad form and deadlifred 700 for reps alone with having done many other exercises that have me lifting weights that probably out weigh your powerlifting total. You have NOTHING to say to me. I have more muscle mass and strength than you will ever have and I have it at 17, calling me fat doesnt change the fact that I shit on you in every aspect of lifting.[/quote]

Okay, so you agree that you are a fat virgin with poor lifting form who is a dick?

I bet you no one on this whole fucking site with at least a moderately lean and muscled physique would trade places with you.

Oh, and why don’t you post some of your videos of you lifting so we can put those numbers in their proper context. LOL.

I have not doubt you are strong, but being a DICK to someone for being a noob (esp. when your handle is “meganewb”-- strong hypocrisy) opens you up to criticism…criticims which I doled out heartily and which you can’t refute.

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Okay, so you agree that you are a fat virgin with poor lifting form who is a dick?

I bet you no one on this whole fucking site with at least a moderately lean and muscled physique would trade places with you.

Oh, and why don’t you post some of your videos of you lifting so we can put those numbers in their proper context. LOL.

I have not doubt you are strong, but being a DICK to someone for being a noob (esp. when your handle is “meganewb”-- strong hypocrisy) opens you up to criticism…criticims which I doled out heartily and which you can’t refute.[/quote]

A teenager who acts like a dick? Get outta town.

A 17-year old who is still a virgin? Unheard of.

“Poor form” on lifts which are probably double yours? What does that say about your “good form”???

And, yes, the “fat kid” insult. Never mind the fact that it’s a conscious, deliberate move by Newb in order to ensure consistent progress in the gym… you gotta do what you gotta do for material when arguing against a younger, stronger, more accomplished lifter, right?

Newb can diet off his extra fat in months…you, most likely, won’t get within spitting distance of his lifts your entire career.

Give me a break.

[quote]anonym wrote:
trextacy wrote:

I have not doubt you are strong, but being a DICK to someone for being a noob (esp. when your handle is “meganewb”-- strong hypocrisy) opens you up to criticism…criticims which I doled out heartily and which you can’t refute.

“Poor form” on lifts which are probably double yours? What does that say about your “good form”???

And, yes, the “fat kid” insult. Never mind the fact that it’s a conscious, deliberate move by Newb in order to ensure consistent progress in the gym… you gotta do what you gotta do for material when arguing against a younger, stronger, more accomplished lifter, right?

Newb can diet off his extra fat in months…you, most likely, won’t get within spitting distance of his lifts your entire career.

Give me a break.[/quote]

I agree with everything you said, plus if he prioritizes strength over looks, then great for him.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
I agree with everything you said, plus if he prioritizes strength over looks, then great for him.[/quote]

I don’t mean to speak for MegaNewb, but in reading some of his posts on this forum I’ve never gotten the impression that he was doing anything BUT just that.

[quote]anonym wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
I agree with everything you said, plus if he prioritizes strength over looks, then great for him.

I don’t mean to speak for MegaNewb, but in reading some of his posts on this forum I’ve never gotten the impression that he was doing anything BUT just that.[/quote]

That’s what I was getting at, and good for him.

Okay guys.

First of all, you can prioritize strength over “looks” all you want-- I don’t care what someone’s goals are-- but if you think it’s “impressive” for someone that is 320 lbs to perform lifts with laughable form then you should probably reevaluate what you consider to be impressive. In powerlifting (meganewb brough up a PL meet) form counts and if you get redlighted your lift doesn’t count.

Second, if someone is deadlifting over 700 lbs as a 17 year old, it is impressive in the sense that they have natural strength and are “country strong” but means VERY little in terms of that person’s knowledge, experience and ability to hand out advice to others.

Third, this is a bodybuilding forum and a fat ass 17 year old who trains for pure brute strength shouldn’t be flaming other members for asking noob questions about intensity techniques.

Fourth, the OP is asking a valid question and trying to discuss his training. Meganewb coming in her and giving him a verbal beatdown (which is unfortunately more common these days by the resident cocksuckers) is not productive or called for.

The thread is about INTENSITY, which is generally a bodybuilding concept and therefore something which meganewb has very little experience in.

[quote]anonym wrote:
trextacy wrote:

Give me a break.[/quote]

I responded but your post deserves special attention.

Meganewb waltzed in here with the flame thrower. The OP is genuinely in search of help. Re-read meganewb’s post and tell me that is productive.

My “good form” is irrelevant here, because as I said this isn’t about me, it’s about telling someone to stop being a dickhead for no reason on a thread. A 17 year old who doesn’t know shit and weighs 320 lbs has no fucking business screaming at another member who has a legitimate question about BODYBUILDING-- something meganewb clearly knows nothing about.

Whether I ever deadlift 700 lbs has nothing to do with anything and doesn’t make meganewb qualified to dole out advice or criticism on any topic other than perhaps max effort lifts (although like I said it’s hard to gauge how strong he would actually be if he lost 100 lbs of fat and had to do the lifts correctly… I’ve seen many a fat guy who barely works out push/pull some serious weight with shitty form).

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Whether I ever deadlift 700 lbs has nothing to do with anything and doesn’t make meganewb qualified to dole out advice or criticism on any topic other than perhaps max effort lifts.[/quote]

Didn’t you hear?

At The University of Internets’ Dept. of Kinesiology and Psychology discovered that a person’s combined PR has a 1.0 correlation to training knowledge for any and all physical performance inquiries, from any person, for any situation.

University of Internets’ is now replaced its entire curriculum with deads and milk.

ElbowStrike, PhD Sport Performance (University of Internets, 2009)

[quote]trextacy wrote:
anonym wrote:
trextacy wrote:
My “good form” is irrelevant here, because as I said this isn’t about me, it’s about telling someone to stop being a dickhead for no reason on a thread. A 17 year old who doesn’t know shit and weighs 320 lbs has no fucking business screaming at another member who has a legitimate question about BODYBUILDING-- something meganewb clearly knows nothing about.

Whether I ever deadlift 700 lbs has nothing to do with anything and doesn’t make meganewb qualified to dole out advice or criticism on any topic other than perhaps max effort lifts (although like I said it’s hard to gauge how strong he would actually be if he lost 100 lbs of fat and had to do the lifts correctly… I’ve seen many a fat guy who barely works out push/pull some serious weight with shitty form).[/quote]

You are clearly a whack job/troll.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
trextacy wrote:
anonym wrote:
trextacy wrote:

Whether I ever deadlift 700 lbs has nothing to do with anything and doesn’t make meganewb qualified to dole out advice or criticism on any topic other than perhaps max effort lifts (although like I said it’s hard to gauge how strong he would actually be if he lost 100 lbs of fat and had to do the lifts correctly… I’ve seen many a fat guy who barely works out push/pull some serious weight with shitty form).

You are clearly a whack job/troll.[/quote]

Yeah, trolls tend to be registered for 2 years, purchase a lot of Biotest products and attempt to defend posters who have sincere questions from flamers like meganewb just to forward my troll intentions.

You are an idiot.

Ignoring the subsequent profanity…
Mega Newb, no one doubts you are a god among men for strength, it’s just, also, no one doubts that you are a complete dickhead, too.

Instead of comments like that, you might be RESPECTED as well as revered were you to take a look at someones problem and apply your own experience to form a coherent response.

Let me give you an example, looking at your own log.

[quote] 12-09-2008, 06:56 PM

today i did (parallel box squat) with a belt
135x2
225x2
315x2
405x2
495x1
635x1 slight spot
745x1 slight spot

01-04-2009, 12:20 PM

box squats
135x5
225x4
315x3-4
405x3
505x14[/quote]

You work through several different rep ranges, including doubles, singles and even 14-16s.

Now look at what the OP has said.

[quote] strengthforlife, what are your goals?

Strength… For now anyways. I plan on beginning a mass phase in March. I want to get as much Strength as I can at my weight right now.[/quote]

Now look at his log:

[quote]Bench Press 4 (145 X 8)
Incline Bench Press 4 (110 X 10)
Decline 4 ( 135 X 8)
Cable Cross Overs 3 X 10
Tricep Cable pull down 4 X 10 (Last to tripple drop setted.)
Weighted Bench Dips 4 X 6
Skull crushers 3 X 12

Close Grip BP 3 X 10[/quote]

So, OK, maybe I am completely wrong, maybe I am just a ‘fucking newb’ at 150lb - my deductive reasoning tells me that if he wants to get stronger, and you are strong, he could take advantage of your style of training. Maybe he should be working up in tripples, doubles, singles. Maybe he [quote]should be working in a lower rep range considering … goals and the amount of progress … achieved. [/quote]

Oh, did that sound familiar?

Instead of being insulting, be proud. They do not amount to the same thing.

Okay, lower rep ranges. I was actually considering that. Another thing I got from this post is that if the volume is high enough, the intensity doesn’t have to be so… welll intense!

There is no reason to expect coherent or useful training advice from someone in Mega Newb’s position.

First, someone training as short a time as is the case for him is not going to have the base of experience needed to be much help to others even in the best of conditions. Which conditions are not the case.

Second, having the genetic gifts for extreme strength and size pretty much regardless of training method results in one’s own self not being a meaningful testing laboratory, so to speak, for having any idea whatsoever how training methods may work for more general cases.

It is not Mega Newb’s training methods that are the primary reason for his accomplishments. A thousand other novice lifters could follow the exact same methods the exact same way but in virtually all instances not one would lift the same or anywhere near it. Don’t look to the method as the cause of his results, though of course it counts as an ingredient.

Expect nothing but insults, boasts, and quite impressive lifts – but surely do not expect that a foundation exists for being a quality source for advice.

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Okay guys.

First of all, you can prioritize strength over “looks” all you want-- I don’t care what someone’s goals are-- but if you think it’s “impressive” for someone that is 320 lbs to perform lifts with laughable form then you should probably reevaluate what you consider to be impressive. In powerlifting (meganewb brough up a PL meet) form counts and if you get redlighted your lift doesn’t count.

Second, if someone is deadlifting over 700 lbs as a 17 year old, it is impressive in the sense that they have natural strength and are “country strong” but means VERY little in terms of that person’s knowledge, experience and ability to hand out advice to others.

Third, this is a bodybuilding forum and a fat ass 17 year old who trains for pure brute strength shouldn’t be flaming other members for asking noob questions about intensity techniques.

Fourth, the OP is asking a valid question and trying to discuss his training. Meganewb coming in her and giving him a verbal beatdown (which is unfortunately more common these days by the resident cocksuckers) is not productive or called for.

The thread is about INTENSITY, which is generally a bodybuilding concept and therefore something which meganewb has very little experience in.

[/quote]
I’d never thought of it like that, I’d also forgotten this was in the BB forum.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
Okay, lower rep ranges. I was actually considering that. Another thing I got from this post is that if the volume is high enough, the intensity doesn’t have to be so… welll intense! [/quote]

Remember that intensity refers to the load used on each exercise.

Supersets, dropsets, trisets, etc… are advanced techniques that primarily increase TUT.

High intensity techniques are more like cluster sets, rest pause techniques, you can try DC training too.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Stength4life wrote:
Okay, lower rep ranges. I was actually considering that. Another thing I got from this post is that if the volume is high enough, the intensity doesn’t have to be so… welll intense!

Supersets, dropsets, trisets, etc… are advanced techniques that primarily increase TUT.

High intensity techniques are more like cluster sets, rest pause techniques, you can try DC training too.[/quote]<- It will do nothing for you if you are not intense during your workouts (and just as intense in the kitchen).

If you want strength before mass right now you should be aiming for a powerlifting routine.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
MEYMZ wrote:
Stength4life wrote:

High intensity techniques are more like cluster sets, rest pause techniques, you can try DC training too.<- It will do nothing for you if you are not intense during your workouts (and just as intense in the kitchen).

[/quote]

Totally agree, you have to bust your ass from the first portion of these extended sets, as well as complementing it with good diet/supps/something else.