OccupyOakland Gets Raided

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
Bunch of fucking Human Debris if you ask me. Lazy bastards that just want more and more. I’ll bet none of the feces flock of hippies paid a cent in federal income taxes last year.[/quote]

They assuredly paid more income tax than the top .1 percent of Americans who paid none since you know they don’t draw income through payroll. They want more and more too since the capital gains tax is at a lower rate than all the marginal income tax rates and yet they’d like that to go away entirely in maniac bits of policy like Cain’s 9,9,9.[/quote]

http://www.heritage.org/budgetchartbook/top10-percent-income-earners[/quote]
Tenth bud not ten. Their income comes in the form of capital gains mostly not taxable wages .

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
Bunch of fucking Human Debris if you ask me. Lazy bastards that just want more and more. I’ll bet none of the feces flock of hippies paid a cent in federal income taxes last year.[/quote]

They assuredly paid more income tax than the top .1 percent of Americans who paid none since you know they don’t draw income through payroll. They want more and more too since the capital gains tax is at a lower rate than all the marginal income tax rates and yet they’d like that to go away entirely in maniac bits of policy like Cain’s 7,7,7.[/quote]

So then your problem is that the rich (who pay more than half the taxes) are using the existing tax code to their advantage ? Sounds smart to me. Maybe these smelly Occupy people should go protest at the WH, where that tax code is written and lobbied ? Makes more sense to me. [/quote]
No my problem is with a police state in this case. I think they should be allowed to assemble in public spaces.
If we are so big on use taxes we could institute financial transactions tax. Also we could lower the corporate tax rate and eliminate all corp tax breaks.

[quote]groo wrote:
Tenth bud not ten. Their income comes in the form of capital gains mostly not taxable wages .[/quote]

Yes.

That is done to provide incentive for people and corporations to invest their money.

So…

I make $10,000.

I pay my income taxes on it.

Then I invest the money left over. I buy stocks.

Stocks go up, and I sell them.

I pay taxes on my capital gain. The IRS taxes me at a lower rate because I risked MY money.

I could have lost money. You’re only allowed to deduct $3000 for losses.

You need to understand how this stuff works.

Apparently, you want no one to invest their money.

THAT will fix the economy.

[quote]2busy wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:
Tenth bud not ten. Their income comes in the form of capital gains mostly not taxable wages .[/quote]

Yes.

That is done to provide incentive for people and corporations to invest their money.

So…

I make $10,000.

I pay taxes on my capital gain. The IRS taxes me at a lower rate because I risked MY money.

[/quote]
Ok your post is wrong on all kinds of levels including simply assuming what I want.

One you assume the top tenth of a percent ever made wages.
Are you really using 3k and 10k to illustrate the top tenth of a percent of income earners?
Also your money isn’t capital in an economic sense, not like labor or natural resources or factories.

You risking 10k does nothing for the economy on a macro scale if you hoard it ala Smith which is largely what small investments in most financial instruments are; that is really not particularly relevant to the issue though.

More or less income tax is a fee you pay to participate in our society if you follow its rules. We have a graduated tax because that is ultimately less regressive than a flat tax. Consumption taxes unless carefully constructed are the most regressive. Particularly regressive yet currently endorsed is a system where the majority of the people that earn wages which is even a large chunk of the upper 1 percent just not the top 1 tenth pay at a rate higher in some cases significantly higher than the 15 percent of the capital gains rate. You could code in plenty of protections of you are worrying about some guy investing 10k a year in the stock market, in fact there are several ways already to go about this, but on the top end the rate should be higher. As well as the corporate rate should be lower and there should be no corporate deductions. In the current system the corporate deductions solely favor the large mega corps which in some cases are the only ones aware of them much less able to have a team of accountants able to work the system. Its not the smaller corporations who do end up paying too much in taxes. This is why even in years with no losses companies like GE pay so little relatively speaking in taxes, its not like GE Capital can lose their shirt every year.

I like rich people. I am a capitalist. But there needs to be a level playing field and currently this isn’t the case. There is too much collusion between the large corporations at a high level. And the strange derivatives and investments available and the potential for abuse of them don’t lend themselves to low regulation states.

This is still very far afield from wanting a police state. I think anyone should be able to assemble in public parks and that the Oakland action went to far. And with the current backpedaling and the mayor claiming they didn’t know about it happening either shows incompetence or a distancing of oneself in preparation for some sacrificial lambs. It also applies a lot more scrutiny to the police prescence in Oakland and in other cities. And does crank up the potential for violence everywhere at the protests…the police all seem to think so most of the statements released in response seem to be focused on being more prepared for violent protesters now.

You apparently have never been in one of those situations to see first hand what really happens.

I have.

I’ll side with Max.

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

They assuredly paid more income tax than the top .1 percent of Americans who paid none since you know they don’t draw income through payroll. They want more and more too since the capital gains tax is at a lower rate than all the marginal income tax rates and yet they’d like that to go away entirely in maniac bits of policy like Cain’s 7,7,7.[/quote]

So then your problem is that the rich (who pay more than half the taxes) are using the existing tax code to their advantage ? Sounds smart to me. Maybe these smelly Occupy people should go protest at the WH, where that tax code is written and lobbied ? Makes more sense to me. [/quote]
No my problem is with a police state in this case. I think they should be allowed to assemble in public spaces.
If we are so big on use taxes we could institute financial transactions tax. Also we could lower the corporate tax rate and eliminate all corp tax breaks.
[/quote]

In California, you need a permit to assemble publicly. You also cannot campout overnight on government property. You must disperse once an order is given, and that is not considered a violation of the 1st amendment.

If you think some laws should be broken, then stop typing here and join your smelly people in their excrement. They are doing nothing, but ruining their own city.

I remember all the names that were used to degrade the Tea Party, and they did NONE of this shit, if they were cretins, what are these people ?

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]2busy wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

Yes.

So…

I make $10,000.

[/quote]
Ok your post is wrong on all kinds of levels including simply assuming what I want.

One you assume the top tenth of a percent ever made wages.
Are you really using 3k and 10k to illustrate the top tenth of a percent of income earners?
Also your money isn’t capital in an economic sense, not like labor or natural resources or factories.

You risking 10k does nothing for the economy on a macro scale if you hoard it ala Smith which is largely what small investments in most financial instruments are; that is really not particularly relevant to the issue though.

More or less income tax is a fee you pay to participate in our society if you follow its rules. We have a graduated tax because that is ultimately less regressive than a flat tax. Consumption taxes unless carefully constructed are the most regressive. Particularly regressive yet currently endorsed is a system where the majority of the people that earn wages which is even a large chunk of the upper 1 percent just not the top 1 tenth pay at a rate higher in some cases significantly higher than the 15 percent of the capital gains rate. You could code in plenty of protections of you are worrying about some guy investing 10k a year in the stock market, in fact there are several ways already to go about this, but on the top end the rate should be higher. As well as the corporate rate should be lower and there should be no corporate deductions. In the current system the corporate deductions solely favor the large mega corps which in some cases are the only ones aware of them much less able to have a team of accountants able to work the system. Its not the smaller corporations who do end up paying too much in taxes. This is why even in years with no losses companies like GE pay so little relatively speaking in taxes, its not like GE Capital can lose their shirt every year.

I like rich people. I am a capitalist. But there needs to be a level playing field and currently this isn’t the case. There is too much collusion between the large corporations at a high level. And the strange derivatives and investments available and the potential for abuse of them don’t lend themselves to low regulation states.

This is still very far afield from wanting a police state. I think anyone should be able to assemble in public parks and that the Oakland action went to far. And with the current backpedaling and the mayor claiming they didn’t know about it happening either shows incompetence or a distancing of oneself in preparation for some sacrificial lambs. It also applies a lot more scrutiny to the police prescence in Oakland and in other cities. And does crank up the potential for violence everywhere at the protests…the police all seem to think so most of the statements released in response seem to be focused on being more prepared for violent protesters now.[/quote]

Every single member in Congress has numerous lobbyists greasing them for whatever their cause is, yet you protest at City Fucking Hall. This is the stupidity of the Occupy Movement, THEY ARE PROTESTING THE WRONG PEOPLE. The government has been in on this (both parties) for decades. They have been greasing and lining the pockets of people for years, so take it to the White House and shout there.

Beware Police in Oakland beware

^^^ One man, and his mighty pair of handcuffs, broadcasting live, from his mom’s basement. Beware Oakland PD, beware.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
^^^ One man, and his mighty pair of handcuffs, broadcasting live, from his mom’s basement. Beware Oakland PD, beware. [/quote]
I think the arm chair lawyer needs to learn the laws, I would love it if he tried to put his handcuffs on a police officer after he got out of traction Bubba would buy him for a pack of smokes and some toilet wine

The cops would beat the soul out of him. Cops would throw him in a cell, and tune his ass up so bad, he would probably ask them to kill him.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Beware Police in Oakland beware[/quote]

bahahahahahahaha

I so want to be there to see him get his ass kicked.

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:

They assuredly paid more income tax than the top .1 percent of Americans who paid none since you know they don’t draw income through payroll. They want more and more too since the capital gains tax is at a lower rate than all the marginal income tax rates and yet they’d like that to go away entirely in maniac bits of policy like Cain’s 9,9,9.[/quote]

http://www.heritage.org/budgetchartbook/top10-percent-income-earners[/quote]

Yeah. If I am them, you are damn right that I would rather get compensated in stock options than to draw a paycheck. Less taxes. And if you have the TALENT to be in that postion (a CEO of a top company), then more power to you. That is a damn incentive to grade school kids to pick up a damn book, get good grades, get a scholorship and work your ass off so one day you can do the same instead of having a EBT card and a governemnt paid cell phone.

Those hippies just need their asses kicked. If my Grandpa (an WW2 vet) was still alive, he would probably volunteer to help ‘disperse’ the human debris known as OWS.

Ha ha, one man wolf pack…

You guys are right, I didn’t address both sides of the story in my original post. Let me say that I think that both sides are definitely trying to skew the facts in favor of their own interests. To be honest, I have little doubt that bottles and such were thrown by the protesters, and if it did, that was a large mistake on their part. But I do also think that those cops were there for a fight.

And to throw any kind of weapon, less lethal or not, into a crowd of people who are trying to help someone who’s been injured is unacceptable. Doing that did not serve any purpose other than to hurt people.

My feelings about the Occupy protests aside, as an American, I feel that these people should never have been forced to leave. The United States were founded on the notion that if a citizen saw something they thought was wrong, that they would have the right to voice those concerns.

I’m big into the Bill of Rights. I’ll admit, I’m a fan. I own guns and love to shoot them, fif, and all that other shit. “Congress shall make no law respecting… the right of the people peaceably to assemble…”

That right belongs to every American, whether you agree with their reasons to protest or not, and should not be preceded by permit requirements and park curfews. Regardless what they’re protesting, as American citizens, peaceful protesters should never have that right threatened. If those cops had not moved in as they did that night, armored and in force, that group would likely have remained quiet.

As for throwing poop and living in a sea of shit, needles and dirty condoms, maybe you should do your own research on the other side of this issue. If you do, you might see that the demographic involved in this isn’t exactly what you think it is.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Wonderbeard, you are not telling the whole story.

The mayor told protestors days in advance, that they would need to disperse for reasons of safety and cleanliness. There were reports of rats, drug needles, used condoms, and tons of trash that were not removed. The protestors were warned, they didn’t listen.

Some of you need to learn something when dealing with cops, they will wreck your shit if you don’t listen. They tell you to move, it’s not a request. If you don’t want to comply, no problem, just don’t complain when a baton gets shoved up your ass.[/quote]

Something tells me that, if a group of pro-lifers were treated this way, you’d be screaming about “first amendment” and “right to peacefully assemble” (and even pointing out that “there’s garbage on the ground!” is an entirely bullshit reason to disperse protestors), instead of jerking off over how FUCK YEAH COPS ARE BAD ASS BRAH!

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

The mayor told protestors days in advance, that they would need to disperse for reasons of safety and cleanliness. There were reports of rats, drug needles, used condoms, and tons of trash that were not removed. The protestors were warned, they didn’t listen.

Some of you need to learn something when dealing with cops, they will wreck your shit if you don’t listen. They tell you to move, it’s not a request. If you don’t want to comply, no problem, just don’t complain when a baton gets shoved up your ass.[/quote]

Something tells me that, if a group of pro-lifers were treated this way, you’d be screaming about “first amendment” and “right to peacefully assemble” (and even pointing out that “there’s garbage on the ground!” is an entirely bullshit reason to disperse protestors), instead of jerking off over how FUCK YEAH COPS ARE BAD ASS BRAH! [/quote]

It would depend on if the also ACTED this way.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Something tells me that, if a group of pro-lifers were treated this way, you’d be screaming about “first amendment” and “right to peacefully assemble” (and even pointing out that “there’s garbage on the ground!” is an entirely bullshit reason to disperse protestors), instead of jerking off over how FUCK YEAH COPS ARE BAD ASS BRAH! [/quote]

It would depend on if the also ACTED this way.[/quote]

You mean not dispersing immediately for any reason or no reason? You mean actually wanting to be able to exercise their first amendment rights, rather than have them stripped away with transparent legitimacy?

“You can’t protest here, there’s a sewer drain on the corner and someone might trip and get hurt. Sure, you have the right to protest, just not where, or when, anyone can think of any reason to force you not to.”

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

It would depend on if the also ACTED this way.[/quote]

Correct. If a group of pro-lifers start throwing bottles, rocks, paint and other shit at the cops, I fully expect the cops to break it up in a similar fashion. But pro-lifers don’t riot and they don’t squat…They come they protest peacefully and they leave. Anybody in the movement who does violence gets what coming and they won’t get any support from me.

So there is a consensus that local governments/communities should not be able to hold the rights of public parks/green spaces, maintaining them and setting standards? Same with health/living codes? Ok, that’s interesting.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
So there is a consensus that local governments/communities should not be able to hold the rights of public parks/green spaces, maintaining them and setting standards? Same with health/living codes? Ok, that’s interesting.[/quote]
Perhaps you could refresh me on where in the constitution it says administrative health codes hold the same force as the constitution? One would think that a public park would be the perfect venue for a protest by the public.