OATzempic: Everything You Need to Know

I know, it’s a damn shame. We buy food that makes us sick, then buy drugs to treat the sickness. Ted kaczynski was right.

1 Like

I understand the GI skepticism with a typical “mixed meal” like with potatoes, meat, vegetables, etc., but in this specific case we are basically throwing oatmeal and protein in a blender and calling it breakfast so I believe reasonable reduction the GI of any of the individual component parts, like how you included casein instead of just straight whey, would be advantageous w.r.t. the primary goals of aging well, looking good naked, and looking good naked when we’re well-aged.

Adding oat bran to instant oatmeal in this study, massively increased the ß-glucan content and was found to reduce the blood sugar spike by half at the 30 min mark, with the oatmeal-only group’s blood sugar dropping below the highest ß-glucan group’s level at the 60 min mark and below baseline at the 120 min mark, which 100% tracks with my experience with instant oatmeal: not even two hours later and I’m ravenously hungry again.

Meanwhile the highest ß-glucan group’s blood sugar still hadn’t returned to baseline yet. I extrapolated the lines on the graph using MS Paint and assuming no further changes in the trend line that blood sugar levels would return to baseline at 170-180 min. Half the blood sugar spike and double the duration to return to baseline is no small difference.

Hell this is almost interesting enough to buy one of those new-fangled continuous glucose monitors and test out the difference myself. You know what F’k-it I think I will.