Nordic Blood: Climbing And Lifting / Lifting And Climbing

Hello good people!

Just checking in as tomorrow marks the start of the final week of the boot camp and I wanted to share some pictures with you all as is my wont. And, I wanted to write down some thoughts that I’ve been having for my own benefit later on.

First, here’s a picture from today (Looking okay considering I pigged out twice this week. TL;DR: I suck at fasting as it causes me to binge on later days) ,

And here’s one from last Sunday (looked better then than this week)

And here’s yet another picture from last Sunday when I looked absolutely fantastic,

Overall, I’ve been happy with the return of investment with regards to the boot camp. The material, and the coaching, have been great. However, I certainly feel that I could have achieved a greater body composition change during the 9-week period if it hadn’t been for a few unfortunate things that I have going on in life.

The two primary barriers to successful dieting have been that

1. I had it communicated to me that I was not doing my job properly, and so I could no longer afford to have diet-brain and subsequently there have been times during the boot camp when I probably was not in a deficit which obviously has an impact on fat loss.
  2. This is something that I’ve been coy about here in this thread but I might as well be straight-forward about it considering that if you read elsewhere on the forums it’s there. I seemingly have an androgen deficiency (see: Ask Physiolojik Thread - #400 by Voxel and Ask Physiolojik Thread - #402 by Voxel - two different posts).

After the boot camp ends, I’ll be reverse-dieting until I’m back at maintenance however long that takes. And, for the first week I’ll just have fun in the gym,

Christmas Eve:

A1. Back squat 1 x 15, 1 x 12, 1 x 8, 1 x 20
A2. Romanian deadlift 1 x 12, 1 x 10, 1 x 8, 1 x 15
B1. Barbell curl 3 x 6-8 reps
B2. Close-grip decline press 3 x 6-8 reps
C1. Preacher curl 3 x 10-12 reps
C2. Decline dumbbell triceps extension 3 x 10-12 reps
D1. Hammer curl 3 x 12-15 reps
D2. Cable triceps extension 3 x 12-15 reps

Christmas Day:

A1. Dumbbell Flyes 3x8-12 (mTor)
A2. Barbell Row 3x6-8
B1. Cable Cross-over 3x10-12
B2. Lat pull-down 3x10-12
C1. Pec deck 3x12-15
C2. Neutral Grip Seated Row 3x12-15 _or_ 1+1/2 reps but like 8-10 reps. I'll go by feel

Boxing Day (or, “Panncakes for post-workout” Day:

EMOM 40 minutes (Every Minute On the Minute. 70-75% of max):
Minute 1: Front Squat 4 reps
Minute 2: Military Press 4 reps
Minute 3: Deadlift 4 reps
Minute 4: Rest
Repeat until 40 minutes have passed.

Thursday:

Rest or abdominal work

Friday:

The Saturday Strength Circuit from ALAS (Athlete Lean, Athlete Strong)

After that I was previously touting that I’d run Primer 52 with my own programming for the workouts (Natty on Pennies - #1662 by Voxel Health Benefits of IF vs Cortisol Problems of Type 3's - #2 by Christian_Thibaudeau)

But my preliminary experiments with fasting have turned me off of the idea as I end up in a cyclical overeating behaviour on the days following the fast and so I’ll wait until either Primer 52 is published or I find a better strategy for learning how to fast (specifically, not binge-eating on the days after).

Which is a shame, triggering autophagy to clean-up some excess skin was the entire point but I can also just add muscle and that skin will fill right out. The only time I’d do IF now I think is when, say, I have a small-ish meal Saturday evening and still hit my macros for that day and Sunday is meant to be a rest day without any social plans. Then I might not eat again until 8 PM Sunday (600-800 calories).

So what I’ll be doing instead is… for a later post. This one is long enough as is.

1 Like