Nordic Blood: Climbing And Lifting / Lifting And Climbing

Tuesday, 7th of August 2018

Weight: 70.1 (-1.3 kg) I think this was the result of some dehydration. Slept under the covers instead of just a bed linen - the European “heat-wave” seems to be coming to an end and as such, I was unexpectedly cold. Probably lost some water as a consequence.

Got between 6-7 hours of sleep, neighbours partying again (I live in a student dense area). Woke up 3 times during the night. Not optimal. Not too bad.

No morning walk - got up late as a result of the aforementioned party (fell asleep late and adjusted my alarm accordingly). 3g C-vitamin, 5g creatine, Hot Rox and warm-up before my pre-workout. Remembered sea salt (6g in my pre-workout, 8g in my intra-workout). Over 12g sodium ingested before the end of the day!

Workout

A. 10kg Medicine Ball Backward Throw Against Wall 4x8, [0]
B. 10kg Medicine Ball Push Press Throw 4x8 [1]
C1. Push Press 3xcluster [2]
C2. Pull-ups 3xAMRAP@10kg (10,7,7) [3]

10kg 2x60s:

1. Backward Throw Against Wall
  2. Chest Throw Against Wall
  3. Push Press Throw Against Wall
  4. Slam

Overhead Carry(Kettlebell) 4x60s (30s rest) [4]
Rowing Ergometer 1x1500m

[0] this made my left upper trap lock-up hard.
[1] super-setted with A, strapped for time
[2] 1 set at 55, which sucked form wise. The reps were grindy and I led the rep with my left arm. the other two at 50 - got 4 reps each set. This was a performance decrease from last week
[3] this was a performance improvement from last week
[4] 1 set @ 16kg, 1 set @ 12kg unbroken, 2 sets @ 12kg broken about 45 seconds in. Couldn’t find a matching set of lighter kettlebells to use instead so.

Hunger: some brain fog and a little faint before lunch. Otherwise okay. Didn’t even need gum in the afternoon.

Notes: I noticed I had missed adding the 15g maltodextrin into my daily summary when calculating my caloric intake. Not ideal, but not a huge deal, obviously although it does tick up the daily caloric intake a wee-bit. Will Have updated weekly plan post to reflect this. Noticed this as I was sketching a meal plan for next week that will be more standard with respect to what I’ve eaten in the past while on diet. This week is exceptionally fish-y.

Went for a long walk after work for the fresh air, this was nice. If I ever need to, if fat loss stalls and there is nothing else left to do, I can just toss on my weight vest for these.

Had my gelatin jello + glycine blend (have also added this to my weekly plan) together with Superfood which made it infinitely more enjoyable and will give my immune system a fighting chance (a lot of my coworkers from abroad are over visiting the office).

Had my ZMA, my pre-bed snack, and am winding down for an early night.

Tried taking a few running steps today, my Achilles is still shot so tomorrow is a bike workout. Hoping that they will heal before the start of my next program, 6 weeks to superhero, so I can run after the medicine ball - and also since I’ll be replacing prowler work with normal sprints (treadmill sprints :frowning: ) see: Superhero Complex Support Thread - #70 by Christian_Thibaudeau

Oh, had 125g kale with dinner as it was about to expire and it felt unnecessary to throw out.