NEW SLAYER

[quote]WildcatBaseball wrote:
But you weren’t just recommending Aggolah and Isnahn, or whatever the names were, you also bashed Slayer with no explanation besides “I don’t like thrash”. And like someone else said, just because no one but you listens to the band besides you, it doesn’t make it hardcore, it actually most likely means it sucks.[/quote]

Okay, here’s a reason, their music is boring.

[quote]bgl500 wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:
I’m a small 15 year old, I know I’m not hardcore, all I did was recommend you guys better albums, and plenty of people have heard of Agalloch. It still metal but it’s still different and thus there are sub genres. I myself like death and black and dislike thrash, so when asking for recommendations, I ask for death or black and not thrash.

Suddenly it all make sense…[/quote]

Makes sense*

Woo yeah we know, all teens are dumb. I still recommend you Agalloch and Ihsahn, and if you like Ihsahn then listen to some Emperor. If you like Thrash then there are waaay better bands out there than Slayer. Try Testament, Overkill, Exodus,and Annihilator.

Here’s the interview with Tom Araya to which Max was probably referring.

[quote]and1bball4mk wrote:
bgl500 wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:
I’m a small 15 year old, I know I’m not hardcore, all I did was recommend you guys better albums, and plenty of people have heard of Agalloch. It still metal but it’s still different and thus there are sub genres. I myself like death and black and dislike thrash, so when asking for recommendations, I ask for death or black and not thrash.

Suddenly it all make sense…

Makes sense*

Woo yeah we know, all teens are dumb. I still recommend you Agalloch and Ihsahn, and if you like Ihsahn then listen to some Emperor. If you like Thrash then there are waaay better bands out there than Slayer. Try Testament, Overkill, Exodus,and Annihilator.
[/quote]

I think I might only post in the ‘Over 35’ forum for now on. I’m 33, but there is no ‘Not for T-boppers’ forum.

Hey kids, grow up a bit. I can assure you, you are not half as cool as you think.

daraz wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:
Great job gayrod. Half the shit you listed is metalcore,not even metal. Agalloch is death metal and Ihsahn’s new album has influences from many genres but Black metal is his main influence. Know what the fuck your talking about before you post. The difference between my post and yours is that I have actually heard their stuff and it does suck, meanwhile you never even heard of Agalloch or Ihsahn.

Sorry to break it to you, but metal is metal. This whole metalcore/death/black/hoobalabooza metal is ridiculous. Slayer is Slayer-metal, Agalloch is Agalloch-metal. They may be influenced by other bands’ music, but they make their own sound. This whole categorizing shit is dumb as hell, it won’t make you a connoisseur in the genre just because you’re able to say so or so band makes this or that kind of music.

And I’ve found that alot of metal listeners are the worst about this; they care more about classifying the bands they listen to than enjoying the music. Even worse, these are the kind that will go to shows and only stand there criticizing them instead of having fun bumping into each other or whatever.

But what do I know about music, I couldn’t tell death metal from black metal or house from trance.

Sorry to break it to you, but sub genres exist, and it’s not in just metal.

Agalloch= Death
Slayer= Thrash

The differences between these bands is very noticible and it would be just plain dumb to call them the same. [/quote]

I know it would be dumb to call them the same, that’s why you call one Agalloch and the other Slayer. If Agalloch = Death, and Prisoners of the Underworld (totally made up) = Death, then Agalloch = Prisoners of the Underworld?

bgl500 wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:

Makes sense*

[/quote]

The other "thrash is very good also, at least I know you have some good taste. But, if you don’t like thrash, or metalcore, then how do you even give appropriate advice on what thrash is good? Besides, how boring is “Dead Skin Mask”? that is great motivating music!

Damn guys, lay off the kid. He’s not acting cocky or like he knows everything, just said he doesn’t like Slayer. Although I do think it’s kind of dumb to go on a Slayer thread and criticize the band…

Anyway, Slayer is sick and if they don’t get your blood boiling, you might not be alive. What’s everybody’s favorite Slayer songs? I gotta say I’m a fan of Raining Blood, even though that’s not very “connoissuer-ish”, it still gets me hyped every time I listen to it.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Damn guys, lay off the kid. He’s not acting cocky or like he knows everything, just said he doesn’t like Slayer. Although I do think it’s kind of dumb to go on a Slayer thread and criticize the band…

Anyway, Slayer is sick and if they don’t get your blood boiling, you might not be alive. What’s everybody’s favorite Slayer songs? I gotta say I’m a fan of Raining Blood, even though that’s not very “connoissuer-ish”, it still gets me hyped every time I listen to it.[/quote]

The new song Jihad is damn good.

Fave song? Too many to choose. A few that stand out:

Payback
Raining Blood
Chemical Warfare (live)
Here Comes The Pain
Angel of Death

[quote]bdfrogs wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:
bgl500 wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:

Makes sense*

The other "thrash is very good also, at least I know you have some good taste. But, if you don’t like thrash, or metalcore, then how do you even give appropriate advice on what thrash is good? Besides, how boring is “Dead Skin Mask”? that is great motivating music!
[/quote]

Those other bands appeal to me more than Slayer, and one of my main reasons of disliking Slayer is Kerry King. I think his solo’s are just terrible, he’s a love or hate type of guitarist.

[quote]bdfrogs wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:
bgl500 wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:

Makes sense*

[/quote]

And I do like some metalcore, Despised Icon and The Red Chord are awesome.

I’ve been hooked on Slayer for close to 15 years. I always see them in concert every chance I can. They always sound RAW in concert. Most of the songs I like are writen by Hanneman and Araya. I go crazy in the pit when they play War Ensamble

Dave Lombardo is the freaking best on the planet

He talks for a few before he jams

slayer was on the rollins show last week. there’s 2 songs and an interview here :

http://henryrollins.ifc.com/episodes/shelter.jsp?episode_id=0018

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:

Anyway, Slayer is sick and if they don’t get your blood boiling, you might not be alive. What’s everybody’s favorite Slayer songs? I gotta say I’m a fan of Raining Blood, even though that’s not very “connoissuer-ish”, it still gets me hyped every time I listen to it.[/quote]

“Criminally Insane”…for my youth
And “Cult” of the new record.

New Slayer album = Awesome. Period. Angel of Death is still one of my favourites though, it has never gone stale to my ears.