Natty on Pennies

That sounds good, just wait until the end of the deload before you drop the calories.

Don’t go into a deficit on a deload week, as you’re trying to recover and there is no training stimulus to help keep the muscle mass. Drop the calories as you begin to train hard again. When you do drop there is no need to taper them, that would actually be counterproductive as you metabolism starts to adapt to the lower calories immediately

1 Like

Training log:

Volume deload;
Back&Rear delts

1. Bent over BB row zigzagdropset
    3x160kgs
    6x120kgs
    3x140kgs
    6x120kgs
    ~2 minutes rest
    3x160kgs
    6x120kgs
    3x140kgs
    6x120kgs
    10x100kgs

2. DB Row
    12x84kgs/side

3. Weighted pull ups w/fat grips
    cluster set, 10s rests
    2+3+5-
    +6(+4 negatives)

Rear delts; no rest between the following:

1. Rear delt burns
    30x10kgs
    15x15kgs
  2. Bent over rear laterals
    10x15kgs
    20x10kgs
    10+10+10x12.5kgs (10s rests)

Back stretch

Notes:

Surprising, I must say.

On bent over rows I used some cheat on the sets of 160 and 140kgs, but apart from that all sets were pretty clean.

DB rows were a bit off as I haven’t done them in a long while, but I’ll take it.

On pull ups I picked a bit too heavy weight, it was supposed to be a 2+3+5+10 cluster, got buried with that last one so got the reps in with negatives.

The rear delt complex was great, got an insane pump there.

Volume deload is done, now onto the actual deload, after which a mini cut will take place.

It’s amazing to me that you row more than I deadlift. Kudos.

1 Like

I’ve always been pretty strong with rows. Out of all movements I’d quess single arm rows are amongst my strongest ones (talking in proportion to other lifts here, not absolutes)

Crazy…

1 Like

Training log:

Actual deload; lower body

MR=Muscle round: 6x4 with 10s rests and 12RM load

1. Single leg leg curl
    1xMRx65kgs

2. Front squat
    4x85kgs
    4x95kgs

3. RFESS
    1xMRx25kgs

4. Good morning
    2x10x85kgs

5. Standing calf raise
    2x15x70kgs

Notes:

Kept it really light. On muscle rounds I left one rep in the tank on the last set. I’m actually feeling pretty good and rested at the moment.

1 Like

The deload is over soon, yeah?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m gonna hit light upper body tomorrow, after that it’ll be two days completely off while eating only protein and fat, and then I’ll begin the mini cut.

The “two rest days with no carbs before a mini cut” - idea I borrowed from Ben Pakulski’s Incredible bulk - book. Supposedly helps with becoming more fat-adapted

1 Like

Cool, keep us posted!

1 Like

Hi danteism, I read that you used to drink lots of green tea, both when cutting and when growing, and I know lots of people endorse it for its effects. So I bought some and started making it lol

I’d like to store it in the fridge and drink it cold tomorrow, so every day I can make like a liter for the next day. To your knowledge, does it keep all of its properties even when drunk a day or two later or is it best drunk right away?

Thank you

1 Like

Yeah, in fact me and the squat dude had an electric kettle and teabags in our locker at school. We would make green tea two or three times a day. Good times, good times.

I haven’t heard of green tea losing it’s properties, in fact I do know (in sense of I’ve heard/seen) two very experienced natural bodybuilders that store green tea in the fridge and drink it later, so I don’t think there are downsides to storing it.

1 Like

Maybe don’t store it in a plastic container

Why?

https://www.t-nation.com/pharma/war-on-estrogen

Training log:

Actual deload;
upper body (done yesterday)

MR: Muscle round

Myo: Myo-reps = 1 set of about 20, then sets with 25% of the reps from initial set. 10s rest

1. High incline smith bench
    1xMRx80kgs
  2. Weighted pull ups
    1xMRx10kgs
  3. High to low cable flies
    1xMyo
  4. Cable row
    1xMyo
  5. Rope tricep extension
    1xMyo
  6. Cable curl
    1xMyo
  7. Side laterals
    1xMyo

Notes:
Nothing hard. Didn’t take notes about my myo-reps weights and limited the amount of mini sets to three (so four total).

Weight was 87.5kgs today morning, so I’ve gained about 2-2.5kgs during this deload. I feel that’s a pretty good rate.

2 Likes

General update;

Back to heavy training, I’m trying some new stuff.

For the first time in a long time I’m going to do just regular straight sets without alternating with the antagonistic muscle group. I’ll also be doing supersets for the same muscle, it’ll be fun.

For example, today I did chest and back

Incline bench for sets of six
Semi-wide grip bench for sets of 8
Incline flies paired with low to high cable flies for sets of 10-15

After that I did supersets for back and one long ass set for side delts

Also I managed to pop my shoulder joint out and back in as I was picking up a dumbbell, it hurt for a while butbi just carried on with the session. It’s feeling all good now (about two hours later)

Tomorrow it’ll be heavy hamstrings and supersets for quads, after which I’ll do calves and abs.

1 Like

Training log (yesterday)

Did hamstrings and quads.

For hamstrings I did heavy straight sets (apart from first two exercises which I paired), for quads I did “pump work”

It went as follows;

1a Seated leg curl
3x20x90kgs
1b Razor curl
3x8
2 Good morning with a pause on pins
3x10 130-150kgs
3 Smith machine RFESS
2x12/side x35kgs
4a Leg extension
3xF
4b Smith machine quad squat
3xF
5a Spanish leg press
3xF
5b Sissy squat
3xF
6a Standing calf raise
3x12-15
6b Seated calf rause
3x12-15
7a Hanging leg raise
3xF
7b Sideways ab crawl
3xF/side

Notes:
Didn’t write up the weights for pump work, as I feel that is not neccessary.

RFESS is bloody hard.

A lot of odd movements were done.

A good session, pretty sore today.

2 Likes

What now?

Rear foot elevated split squat, also known as Bulgarian split squat

It’s a great glute exercise

I’ve been meaning to try those later on after I saw Ben Bruno’s hockey kids killing that exercise: Is Your Leg Strength Up to Snuff?

1 Like