Meditations, Musings & Muscular Contractions

Saturday gym session, love it. Back & legs, no hamstrings, that’ll be a couple days later.

Underhand Lat Pulldowns: 100kg 10, 90kg 9

Absolutely quality, added a rep to both sets. Obviously these increases won’t last forever but I feel like I’m speed-running getting to my natural limit with these improvements.

Hack Squats: 80kg 7, 110kg 9, 95kg 8

Really pulled out the stops for this, going from 8 to 9 reps on the top set. Hell yes. 120kg on this movement, ass to grass, is on the horizon.

Calf Raises: 134kg for 12
Hip Adduction: 60kg for 22

Calf raises on the machine that lets me go slightly heavier, (it’s Saturday so I’m not at the gym by my work training at lunch, but at the other gym with my preferred calf raise machine). Went to the next pin on the machine as heaviest I’ve done is 125kg on this one. Not only kept my reps but added one, truly glad with myself on these. Talk about min-maxing calf progress. Hip adduction - weight up to the next weight, 55kg to 60kg, & did 22 reps, not bad at all. I’m going straight to 65kg next time.

Chest Supported Rows: 75kg 6, 90kg 8, 80kg 8
Decline Situps for 9

I’m not a big fan of these rows anymore. I want to switch to something with more of a lengthened bias, instead of this pin machine row which is basically just really hard at the top like a barbell row really, (but chest supported). I think that’d be very helpful, but I need to find the apparatus for it, if it exists. Added a rep on my decline situps with arms fully extended, too.

1 Like