Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

I think this is exactly right. Training is just training. Whether it’s for strongman, crossfit, powerlifting, bodybuilding at the end of the day it is just training oriented for one’s goals.

It just becomes difficult when my goals are changing by the month! I know I’m not alone in that regard and it comes down to my mindset.

All that being said, I’ve decided to start CT’s “Complete Power Look Program”. I’ve chosen this one for a few reasons. I like the progression models for the main lifts and he recommends front squat, bench, PUSH PRESS and deadlifts. I’ve been wanting to run a program with push press, and I just finished a 5/3/1 cycle with front squat and wanted to keep those going for a bit. He also has laid out short duration workouts with a bunch of optional stuff (only 3 main movers each day). I’m going to use this “optional bonus work” to choose a lift of my choice that will satisfy my wandering goals.

Lets see how long we can stick to this program, I’m hoping to take it for its full 10 week spin, although I have 1 week off for opening of deer season at the beginning of November.

Week 1 - Day 1
FRONT SQUAT
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3reps x 5 sets

-SUPERSET 3 ROUNDS-

2 SECOND PAUSED SQUATS
185lb x 8

REVERSE LUNGE - BB IN FRONT RACK
95lb x 8/leg

POWER SNATCH EMOM 10mins
95lbs x 3, then snatch balance until :30s mark

Good workout. Snatches were very easy so I decided to hold at the top until the :30s mark. This tired the shoulders out a bit, but was more just to try and practice form and where the heck the bar should rest overhead in that position. Overall didn’t feel too uncomfortable, wrists weren’t overly excited about it though.

8 Likes