Lost Weight, Increased Bodyfat

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
No, he’s no troll. Just misguided.
OP, visit the beginner’s section and read the stickies on nutrition.

I won;t comment/look on your training program since its your job to determine if youre able to milk progress on said program or not, and whether your body parts are receiving the intended stimulation from the movements you have chosen - and make changes. That said, following a pre-designed template is not a bad idea at your level.

Yossarian wrote:
Third, shit. Upon further consideration, you’ve gotta be a troll. Nobody could be this dumb. If you are this dumb, give up. this isn’t for you.

[/quote]

He is misguided. So was I back when I was a teenager. I did all kinds of stupid shit, but that was before I realized that resources like this place were available. But I still did them, and I learned from the mistakes, so I should be more patient.

Wehe, you definitely could benefit from a pre-designed program (personally I like the TBT program outlined here:
TBT vs. Splits: An Analysis ), but it’s not your primary problem. If I were you I’d stick with your current program and change your diet so that you can properly evaluate the results.

Once you’ve got your diet in hand, pick one of the programs outlined in an article (simpler is better) and hit it hard for a few months. You should see big improvements.

[quote]cdh3087 wrote:
whehe wrote:

Chest+Backs
Bench Press: 180lbs 5 X 5
Inclined press (dumbells): 120lbs 7 X 4

You are repping 120’s on incline? I’m stuck on 95’s, give me some tips duude.[/quote]

Limit the ROM for a couple of weeks.

Diet:
Big breakfast: carbs + protein
Solid meal after you PWO shake
Add calories to you afternoon shake
Eat before bed protein + fat

[quote]whehe wrote:
Chris thanks a ton mate. Will follow this template…and come back in about 8 weeks to report progress.
Finally for all the friendly fire and advice, thanks guys.

Cheers.[/quote]

It’s not very specific but its a good start i suppose keep the rep ranges high [6-10] and sets high [5 +].

-chris

I am the first to admit i was absolutely misguided…really greatful for all the advice ive had so far. Day1 and based on the advice i got here my new meal plan looks like (and executed):

7 AM Breakfast: 1 toast+5eggs/with ham+oatmeal with raisins

10AM protein shake

12 PMwork out (TBT style as outlined by Avocado)

Post Work out protein with carbs

2 PM Lunch lamb backstraps with rice and yogurt

6PM lamb backstraps + veggies

10PM protein shake + almonds

I look forward to learning, thats why I am here.

OP, for the time being skip posting in the forums where you obviously have a hundred questions and you will inevitably get a thousand different responses.

Instead, focus your time on reading articles that will provide you a general consensus on the direction you need to head in with your training and diet, because right now both are terrible.

This will allow you to learn the basics and develop a solid foundation, so you can then ask specific questions (which btw should be posted in the Beginners forum, since you are in fact a beginner) that can be more directly answered . Have you even read the stickies yet in the Beginners forum? That’s where you need to start…

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/must_reads_for_beginners

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/are_you_a_beginner_ii

The two following Nate Green articles will probably be useful for you as well:

Stupid Things Young Guys Do in the Gym:

Stupid Things Young Guys Do in the Kitchen:

4 simple pieces of advice to apply CONSISTENTLY with DEDICATION - TRAIN HARD, READ A LOT, EAT EVEN MORE, and REST WELL.

[quote]whehe wrote:
I am the first to admit i was absolutely misguided…really greatful for all the advice ive had so far. Day1 and based on the advice i got here my new meal plan looks like (and executed):

7 AM Breakfast: 1 toast+5eggs/with ham+oatmeal with raisins

10AM protein shake

12 PMwork out (TBT style as outlined by Avocado)

Post Work out protein with carbs

2 PM Lunch lamb backstraps with rice and yogurt

6PM lamb backstraps + veggies

10PM protein shake + almonds

I look forward to learning, thats why I am here.

[/quote]

While I’m a huge fan or shakes as meal replacements, nothing beats real food. Your 10PM meal, get some Peanut Butter or Cottage cheese, maybe some blueberries to go with it for anti-oxidants.

Also, I’ve notice when I’m working out as hard as I should, I get hungry soon after my post workout shake, so you might move that 2PM meal up to 1PM, moving everything up with it so you get to sleep earlier as well. Growing requires recovery time, and sleep is second to none. Good luck!

Wondering about cardio…shud i do a few intervals after my training or should i do this on the off days?
P.S: i did try and look in the beginners section…no luck

First ~ make sure your biggest meal besides the PWO ( post workout ) meal is your largest. 2nd. Cut out the carbohydrates except when they are most important. Breakfast or cut that out too and only PWO. Since your such a light weight don’t cut out carbs with breakfast ~ other then upon waking do not eat ~ carbs besides PWO or prior to training & during training.

Seek to hit performance records on lifts at least once a month. At least once a month max out all your lifts for one rep.

Train to surpass what you think is possible.

[quote]kinein wrote:
First ~ make sure your biggest meal besides the PWO ( post workout ) meal is your largest. 2nd. Cut out the carbohydrates except when they are most important. Breakfast or cut that out too and only PWO. Since your such a light weight don’t cut out carbs with breakfast ~ other then upon waking do not eat ~ carbs besides PWO or prior to training & during training.

Seek to hit performance records on lifts at least once a month. At least once a month max out all your lifts for one rep.

Train to surpass what you think is possible. [/quote]

Have you read your own post?

“Make sure your biggest meal besides your PWO meal is your largest.”

I would assume that the biggest [???] meal would be the largest. What the hell are you trying to say here?

I wont go through the rest but you may or may not have been drunk whne you wrote that.

and I dont think going for single rep maxes once a month will do any beginner any good. Without a coach the chances of them getting an acute injury are relatively high. If you want to test maxes then test 3+ or which ever rep ranges they are working with. after about a year or more single tests would be worth while. but you might as well test in your rep ranges for that training block.

-chris

[quote]whehe wrote:
P.S: i did try and look in the beginners section…no luck[/quote]

Are you sure about that? Try again… this time don’t be afraid to open the links inside the stickies that reference the Cardio Roundtable 1 & 2 articles.