Looking for Advice - False Rape Accusation

Tell me something, Mr. Walkaway - can you wrap your head around how a grown man could rape an eight-year-old niece? (They very often get away with this due to lack of evidence.) Can you wrap your head around how a twenty-something man could rape a seventy-five-year-old woman? (How many of these elder rapes get reported?) Can you wrap your head around someone creeping through the window of someone else’s house in the dark of night and anally raping the stranger they’ve just woken from sleep? (How many of these rapists are caught?)

I can’t seem to wrap my head around how you don’t realize that evil walks. It walks ALL THE GODDAMN TIME and it’s everywhere. I agree with you that the rape in question would seem to be a false accusation. I also agree with you that it’s an absolute horror that this can occur. Same with Mcaffery. But this is just one form of evil. There are many. You seem to believe that someone - women? society? teh feminists? - approves and encourages this behavior. I don’t think so. It’s just one more scary ass thing we, as a society, are forced to live with because the alternative, that rape not get punished, is worse.

Could prurient interest be one reason this thread didn’t die a LONG time ago?

Let me throw this in. Our client was charged with raping two of his two stepdaughters’ friends (all under 16). The daughters wanted to live with their father in a different state and their mother was preventing them. Prior to our client’s arrest the daughters had reported to authorities that their stepfather had molested each of them, but after investigation the authorities decided the daughters were lying. The daughters apparently complained two times, with the older one being the vocal one of the two. She was the one who wanted to move to father’s home in first place, and after being told no, she began the unsuccessful molestation claims. She got her way with our client’s arrest.

Fast forward. After the daughters moved to out of state father’s residence, the older daughter remained in fairly constant contact with her two alleged victim friends, telling them how to talk to the child protection folks and how to use doll props to simulate sex. Turns out the older daughter had been seeing a therapist prior to all this and was on medication. (because of a rape?)

We were able to convince the DA that at least one of the alleged rape victims had given false testimony to the child protection folks, but we couldn’t totally discount the other’s accusations because that child’s mother wouldn’t let her talk to us. Imminent jury trial with greater than 25 year sentencing liability forced a plea bargain to a lesser charge with 6 months’ jail time, long probation, sex offender registration. Our client wanted very much to go to trial and we talked him out of that.

Do I think he did it? Probably not, and he had a hot wife who stuck to him like glue, but he would have been a bad witness.

Here’s the best one I’ve ever seen. I watched this trial as a young lawyer. A 30s woman is washing clothes in a Laundromat. Someone rapes here there. She accuses a man of the crime. I watched this woman on the witness stand cry and really put on a show, pointing numerous times to the defendant as her rapist. The jury found the defendant not guilty.

It seems that his attorney, through the defendant’s testimony, was able to convince the jury that the defendant was in the building immediately before the rape so that the woman did indeed see him there, but that someone else came in and did the rape. I think the jury felt the woman was so emotional that her “eyewitness” testimony was tainted.

EmilyQ, I respect your posts. Go for it.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
The difference between a person like Walkway and a person like myself is that I understand everyone reacts to trauma in their own way and I’m not so closed minded as to assume they’re lying or guilty just because how they react isn’t in line with my preconceived bias.
[/quote]

you have to admit… talking all cutesy to a guy who allegedly anally raped you and then beat the shit out of you falls SO far outside of the range of normal (even abnormal) behavior… that it’s cause for some (very) serious skepticism. [/quote]

Skepticism is fine. Is that what you’re doing, being skeptical?

[quote]
Why get vindictive so long after the fact when nothing can be proven? did the trauma (or, according to you, “Stockholm syndrome”) suddenly wear off, and she wanted revenge? [/quote]

I don’t know and I didn’t say she had Stockholm syndrome. Go back and read exactly what I wrote within the context of what was being discussed.

[quote]
then, you have the complete lack of evidence… the contradictions… and her decision to wait until any and all ‘evidence’ of said ‘rape’ was gone before reporting it (which seems to be a rather common thing these days I.E. Bill Cosby). [/quote]

It is not common.

[quote]
idk… if I got anally raped (sorry to keep bringing it up, but its a critical detail), id at least go to the hospital… because like…it can cause very serious problems… which she didn’t have. [/quote]

Super, not everyone thinks or acts like you. You can certainly have anal without any issues what so ever.

[quote]
so weird. [/quote]

In your opinion

[quote]
but what it all boils down to, is (if im not mistaken), she is a gender studies major, and he should have known better. [/quote]

This is called conjecture.

There are a lot of things in life you’re never going to understand just like everyone else.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Tell me something, Mr. Walkaway - can you wrap your head around how a grown man could rape an eight-year-old niece? (They very often get away with this due to lack of evidence.) Can you wrap your head around how a twenty-something man could rape a seventy-five-year-old woman? (How many of these elder rapes get reported?) Can you wrap your head around someone creeping through the window of someone else’s house in the dark of night and anally raping the stranger they’ve just woken from sleep? (How many of these rapists are caught?)[/quote]

red herring and pure speculation regarding reporting statistics.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
I agree with you that the rape in question would seem to be a false accusation.
[/quote]

I think this is the conclusion that any rational person would draw.

[quote]biker wrote:
Here’s the best one I’ve ever seen. I watched this trial as a young lawyer. A 30s woman is washing clothes in a Laundromat. Someone rapes here there. She accuses a man of the crime. I watched this woman on the witness stand cry and really put on a show, pointing numerous times to the defendant as her rapist. The jury found the defendant not guilty.

It seems that his attorney, through the defendant’s testimony, was able to convince the jury that the defendant was in the building immediately before the rape so that the woman did indeed see him there, but that someone else came in and did the rape. I think the jury felt the woman was so emotional that her “eyewitness” testimony was tainted.

EmilyQ, I respect your posts. Go for it.
[/quote]

or maybe she wasn’t raped at all. Was a rape kit performed?

The Mcaffery case set a precedent that a rape trial needs absolutely no evidence (can even have abundant evidence to the contrary) for the defendant to be found guilty.

I would say that guy was very, very lucky.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Tell me something, Mr. Walkaway - can you wrap your head around how a grown man could rape an eight-year-old niece? (They very often get away with this due to lack of evidence.) Can you wrap your head around how a twenty-something man could rape a seventy-five-year-old woman? (How many of these elder rapes get reported?) Can you wrap your head around someone creeping through the window of someone else’s house in the dark of night and anally raping the stranger they’ve just woken from sleep? (How many of these rapists are caught?)[/quote]

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
[/quote]

I think this is the conclusion that any rational person would draw. [/quote]
How was anything EmilyQ quoted a red herring? The topic of this discussion is rape, and false rape, and from what I’ve heard from rape survivors, there is no shortage of people claiming they are making it up, or that their behavior doesn’t fit the norm.

[quote]nkklllll wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
[/quote]

How was anything EmilyQ quoted a red herring? The topic of this discussion is rape, and false rape, and from what I’ve heard from rape survivors, there is no shortage of people claiming they are making it up, or that their behavior doesn’t fit the norm.[/quote]

I was talking about the false rape accusation put forth by mattress girl, EmilyQ attempts to derail by changing course.

[quote]nkklllll wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
[/quote]

How was anything EmilyQ quoted a red herring? The topic of this discussion is rape, and false rape, and from what I’ve heard from rape survivors, there is no shortage of people claiming they are making it up, or that their behavior doesn’t fit the norm.[/quote]

I was talking about the false rape accusation put forth by mattress girl, EmilyQ attempts to derail by changing course. [/quote]

No, she was attempting to illustrate a point (that evil happens all around us, and women aren’t the sole culprit, and it’s not even a majority of women who are). In this thread, and the marriage thread, you and several others seem to be trying to convince everyone else that women will screw you over the first chance they get. And despite all of evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, you still maintain this position. You claim to live your life logically, and yet you fail to do the logical thing when your argument or position has been shown to be lacking: instead of revising your position in the face of new information or new arguments, or even changing your position entirely, you remain staunchly committed to all of your assertions.

[quote]nkklllll wrote:

[quote]nkklllll wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
[/quote]

I was talking about the false rape accusation put forth by mattress girl, EmilyQ attempts to derail by changing course. [/quote]

No, she was attempting to illustrate a point (that evil happens all around us, and women aren’t the sole culprit, and it’s not even a majority of women who are). In this thread, and the marriage thread, you and several others seem to be trying to convince everyone else that women will screw you over the first chance they get. And despite all of evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, you still maintain this position. You claim to live your life logically, and yet you fail to do the logical thing when your argument or position has been shown to be lacking: instead of revising your position in the face of new information or new arguments, or even changing your position entirely, you remain staunchly committed to all of your assertions.[/quote]

It was in direct response to this statement:

I really can’t wrap my head around how women could be so venomous and toxic that they could be fine with having a man thrown in prison for 10+ years for a crime he didn’t commit (where he’d likely be raped…for real, and possibly be murdered). [/quote]

I’m pretty sure she was just pointing out that just because he can’t “wrap his head” around something doesn’t mean shit really.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
weak trolling, you posted on TN on November 1st and 3rd.

damnit [/quote]

/ thread.

[quote]nkklllll wrote:
In this thread, and the marriage thread, you and several others seem to be trying to convince everyone else that women will screw you over the first chance they get. And despite all of evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, you still maintain this position.[/quote]
Granted, I have met some women who are like that, but I would hardly say it’s the norm. However, those same women can basically be poison to other women, and can quickly drag them down into the same kind of thinking. Unless you’re very sure of what you’re doing, I think it’s pretty wise to stay far far away from that kind of women. (Of course, there are men like that too.)

That said, I don’t really see too much of a need to focus on those people. Since most women, far far more than the majority, aren’t like that.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]nkklllll wrote:
In this thread, and the marriage thread, you and several others seem to be trying to convince everyone else that women will screw you over the first chance they get. And despite all of evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, you still maintain this position.[/quote]
Granted, I have met some women who are like that, but I would hardly say it’s the norm. However, those same women can basically be poison to other women, and can quickly drag them down into the same kind of thinking. Unless you’re very sure of what you’re doing, I think it’s pretty wise to stay far far away from that kind of women. (Of course, there are men like that too.)

That said, I don’t really see too much of a need to focus on those people. Since most women, far far more than the majority, aren’t like that.[/quote]

but u don’t always see them coming… and many women change after marriage…

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]nkklllll wrote:

That said, I don’t really see too much of a need to focus on those people. Since most women, far far more than the majority, aren’t like that.[/quote]

but u don’t always see them coming… and many women change after marriage…[/quote]

So do many men…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]nkklllll wrote:

but u don’t always see them coming… and many women change after marriage…[/quote]

So do many men…[/quote]

yes, but men can’t accuse women of rape.

even when they do, it gets ignored.

Well gentlemen, I think we can end this discussion, for the solution of this rape crisis has been found:

?11 Guaranteed Sexual Assault Prevention Tips?

1. Don?t put drugs in people?s drinks in order to control their behavior.

2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!

3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!

4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.

5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON?T ASSAULT THEM!

6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.

7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.

8. Always be honest with people! Don?t pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don?t communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.

9. Don?t forget: you can?t have sex with someone unless they are awake!

10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone ?on accident? you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.

11. And, ALWAYS REMEMBER: if you didn?t ask permission and then respect the answer the first time, you are commiting a crime- no matter how ?into it? others appear to be.

http://www.antiviolenceproject.org/prevention/11-guaranteed-sexual-assault-prevention-tips/

No, this is not satire…

[quote]orion wrote:
No, this is not satire…
[/quote]

Except, it is?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]nkklllll wrote:

[quote]nkklllll wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
[/quote]

No, she was attempting to illustrate a point (that evil happens all around us, and women aren’t the sole culprit, and it’s not even a majority of women who are). In this thread, and the marriage thread, you and several others seem to be trying to convince everyone else that women will screw you over the first chance they get. And despite all of evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, you still maintain this position. You claim to live your life logically, and yet you fail to do the logical thing when your argument or position has been shown to be lacking: instead of revising your position in the face of new information or new arguments, or even changing your position entirely, you remain staunchly committed to all of your assertions.[/quote]

It was in direct response to this statement:

I really can’t wrap my head around how women could be so venomous and toxic that they could be fine with having a man thrown in prison for 10+ years for a crime he didn’t commit (where he’d likely be raped…for real, and possibly be murdered). [/quote]

I’m pretty sure she was just pointing out that just because he can’t “wrap his head” around something doesn’t mean shit really. [/quote]

Eh, both, but probably closer to nkklllll’s take. His outrage is so completely one dimensional - above he accuses me of trying to somehow distract from the issue, with questionable statistics, no less, despite my having agreed with him. PRETTY WEIRD.

How do you write a two sentence reply and still contradict yourself? If men can’t accuse women of rape how can it then be ignored.

even when they do, it gets ignored. [/quote]

Ya, they can just beat their wives day in and day out with no ramifications.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
How do you write a two sentence reply and still contradict yourself? If men can’t accuse women of rape how can it then be ignored.

even when they do, it gets ignored. [/quote]

Ya, they can just beat their wives day in and day out with no ramifications. [/quote]

I mean they can’t accuse women of rape and have their cases be taken seriously…in that sense, they can’t accuse women of rape. i know it was unclear.

im pretty sure you’re being sarcastic about men being able to beat their women and suffer no ramifications lol… at least i hope you are.

[quote]orion wrote:
Well gentlemen, I think we can end this discussion, for the solution of this rape crisis has been found:

?11 Guaranteed Sexual Assault Prevention Tips?

1. Don?t put drugs in people?s drinks in order to control their behavior.

2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!

3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!

4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.

5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON?T ASSAULT THEM!

6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.

7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.

8. Always be honest with people! Don?t pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don?t communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.

9. Don?t forget: you can?t have sex with someone unless they are awake!

10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone ?on accident? you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.

11. And, ALWAYS REMEMBER: if you didn?t ask permission and then respect the answer the first time, you are commiting a crime- no matter how ?into it? others appear to be.

http://www.antiviolenceproject.org/prevention/11-guaranteed-sexual-assault-prevention-tips/

No, this is not satire…
[/quote]

LOL

this reminds of the ‘domestic abuse hotline’

for women:

‘if you are being abused or are afraid for your safety, call this number’

for men:

‘if you are worried that you will become abusive, call this number’

apparently, men can’t be abused by women… who knew?